A view of the 2nd hole at Silver Lake Golf Course

Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Silver Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Fun course if it doesn't rain the day before

I enjoyed my round here, but it was a bit aggravating as it is still early in the season so the greens are still beat up pretty good from the winter, and the drainage here isn't the best as it had rained the day before and I played in the mud all day. Pace was fair the front 9 but it came to a screeching halt in the back nine.

Wet wet wer

This course is usually wet, well maybe we shouldn't have gone out today. It rained a lot last night and some this morning, but we knew that going out and playing on a wet course is better then not playing at all. Outside of that the course was in decent shape for the time of year. The only thing that really turned me off was the fact they would not let us out early. There was NO ONE ELSE on the course but their policy is if you have a HOT DEAL, you can't go out early. Not only do I think that is a stupid policy that will only lead to backing up the course when the weather is nice. I just doesn't make any sense We were the only ones there so the staff had to wait for us to finish to go home. That needs to be rethought.bc I don't think I will play this course again on a hot deal price.

Great time

Had a great time while visiting from California, front 9 was great but back 9 a little damp. Great staff ...I would play again many more times!

Silver lake golf

Greens were recently aerated so a true put was impossible. It rained all night so the course and cart paths were muddy and saturated. Car paths were so bumpy I felt like a milkshake.. Even with all that, I would have forgiven everything but having 2 twosomes jump in front of us on the back nine with impunity, delayed everyone by another 30 minutes.. Called ranger who said they probably stopped for lunch at the turn. Impossible because they were not in front of us on the 10th hole. Rangers should have checked their starter ticket and times.

Commented on 03/25/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Greens

The greens rolled great for so early in the season, The tee's and fairways are clean and there working on drainage.

Commented on 03/27/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Great staff

Pat at the front desk , Taiesha at the bar/ restaurant , Steve and Damien at the tee are a Great Crew , can’t wait for the Thaw !!

Commented on 02/13/2019

Commented on 12/17/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Tough hills

Nicely kept course, very hilly so it’s nice an easy course to play. Will definitely come back!

Commented on 11/18/2019

Thank you for your review, Jimmy! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Silver Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Good shape

Course was in good shape. Little wet on the back but we had a lot of rain days prior

Commented on 11/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 10/15/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Silver Lake Golf Course, Joey! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Silver Lake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

The golf course was in great shape greens were true and enjoyable

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi! Thank you for your kind words- we are thrilled that you enjoyed your round! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Come a long way

I used to golf here fairly regularly 15-30 yrs ago, conditions were not the greatest. Started playing on occasion with my brother in law last year, and they’ve really improved the course. The staff are generally friendly, and if you stay for a few drinks after your round the beer is cold and bar staff attentive.
It can be a tough course as some of the fairways are narrow, if you can’t drive it straight you’re in for a rough round. A little shorter than many courses, but can be challenging. Was disappointed the practice putting green isn’t in shape to use, wasn’t cleaned, no holes and flags.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Nice afternoon

Showed up as a single, joined up with 3 guys for a very enjoyable round. Pace was slow as some beginners were in front of us who where enjoying their refreshments. Course is a fun little track. Greens were in great shape! Will be back.

Commented on 08/06/2019