Style Woodland

Year Built 1956
Architect Vernon Warren

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

poor

Wanted to play 18 holes along with Waldport course where we had golf certificates.The website showed $7 per 9 holes riding. I WAS walking. My friend was riding. They then charged her $28 for $18 holes. I asked why? "When a cart leaves the barn it is always $28"? I mentioned that the site shows $7/per 9 holes. They said and I quote " we can't put all the info the web site"? HUH? Geez no wonder they're a pipsqueak 9 hole course.

Disappointing

I should have done better research....only a 9 hole course. There was standing water on many, many areas of play. A significant amount of blind shots. Not a good value at all. We would not play this course again.

pogue
Commented On 07/27/2015

And they were rude and condescending

Sleeper 9 hole course

Just because it is 9 holes, do not over look it.
Each hole has it challenges. Not a typical hole on the course.
Many holes have elevation changes that create challenges.
Beginners will hate it because of the penalties from the narrowness of the course and some holes can become very long.
Played it 2 rounds of 18 as a single and thoroughly enjoyed the walk in the park. The elevation changes make it a good walking work out.

Fun on the Oregon coast

We enjoyed our round here. Very relaxing, beautiful surroundings. Surprisingly challenging layout. Narrow in places and some slope to fairways, add in creeks and forest lined fairways makes precise play a bonus, otherwise make sure you bring a good supply of golf balls and higher handicaps might want to leave your Titlest Pro V1s in the bag. We will play here again and would recommend.

Interesting course

Olalla is a very interesting and challenging course. Not real long but dog legs and streams make playing position golf essential.

Hidden Gem!

I have been playing golf around waldport and newport for the last 20 years... I am sad to say I did not know this golf course existed until this year. I played Olalla and it was very enjoyable. I have played Agate Beach and Crestview which are both Nine holers and Olalla is the best of the bunch. The course needs ADVERTISING, I found it on Golfnow .... good for me, but I wish I would have discovered it sooner.. Very nice course and restaurant..

Love this course!

This is a fun, challenging course. The greatest challenges are the elevation changes and blind shots. The forested setting is awesome, making it seem that you are miles away from civilization. The pro shop staff is very friendly. Green fees are very reasonable. We will definitely play this course again. This was our second time, but the first was years ago.

pogue
Commented On 09/08/2015

You're not an "intermediate" golfer if your HDCP is 20-24

Nice local course

Fun course. Can be a bit of a challenge if you have a slice. 6 was having fairway reconstruction in June 2014. Holes 6-9 has quite an elevation change.

A Great Golfing Place for the Family

I took my wife and 8yr old boy to this course for a quick 9 holes while at the coast for the weekend. The staff gave me a discount on top of the already discounted rate from Golf Now for my son. They took time to talk to him about the course and to tell him that he was there to enjoy himself just like everyone else and not to forget to have fun.

I actually walked the course which is a stretch for me usually but only had problems going up the 7th and 8th holes and was happy I could have someone else cart my clubs up the mountain side.

All I can say is awesome staff, good luck finding a better place to golf with the whole family on the coast.

Great 9 hole track!

I really enjoyed the different looks on every hole. A lot of elevation changes and tree lined fairways. Greens are good, best value in Oregon!

did relize it was a 9 hole course just played it twice

very challenging course to play , but fun holes 7and 8 were the most interesting , staff very friendly has a good restaurant with fair prices and home style cooking
I will go back

main problem was pace of play. they allowed a group of eight to play.

I would not go back if they allow things like this to go on. it totally ruined golf for those that had to play behind this group of eight players who were not told to move it along.

This is a challenging course due to elevation changes.

I enjoy playing the course but the shots from the tee can be difficult if you have trouble with a slice. After playing a few times you can learn how to manage the course to your advantage.

9 hole beauty in the forest

would love to play again-would play 9 holes twice in gorgeous scenery and course condition

Somewhat hilly.

Mother Nature made it a bit more challenging then it might normally be. After a frost delay, we got out in the cold. The greens were frozen as well as some parts of some fairways. So you had to approach the greens different or you'd see your ball bounce a couple of stories high. Some of the fairways have quite a bit of a side hill lie. So at times you hit a frozen part of it, and it rolls into trouble.

The folks there were very friendly.

Newport, Oregon