Style Executive
Charbonneau Golf Club

Year Built 1975
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1975)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Traditional golf attire is required

9-Hole Rounds 14

Nice little course

I think the only thing I would like to see is more care given to several of the fairways. Some of them were extremely dry and grass on them was dry and create many thin shots. The rest was beautiful.

good value for what you pay

My first time at this course and was happy with paying only $14. A small bucket at the range was only $3 more. The entire staff was easy going and friendly. I was told I could go out whenever I was ready and it was unlimited play as well.

Upon seen the scorecard, I was taken aback to see no par 5's. There are 3 9-hole courses and each one was a par 31. Majority of the par 4's were drivable if you're on with your driver. But you could also tee off with a 6 iron and still have an easy shot in to the greens.

Some holes are painfully easy and don't require much thought, where others will play a bit more challenging due to water, narrowness, or well placed trees. The rough was inconsistent and made chipping hard sometimes. It was tough to know if you would have a hard -pan lie or if your wedge would just slip right under the ball.

Given the fact that it's been a dry summer, I can't complain too much about the conditions. The staff was also good about keeping the water stations full and cold.

My biggest "complaint" would be that majority of the par 3's were 190 - 205 yards from the blue tees. I prefer to have more variety in shots. On some par 3's I would either move up to the front tees or pick a random spot in the fairway simply so I wasn't teeing off with the same 3 clubs on the many par 3's.

Ultimately, I enjoyed my round. I played the red and yellow courses...twice. being almost 100 degrees I suspect that's why it was so easy and quiet to get two rounds in under 5 hours. But for $14 and the ability to play all I wanted, try different practice shots and have a relaxed, carefree round, it was great. Just don't go bragging to your buds on Monday about how "great" you shot because it's not the most challenging course around. :)

first time i have played there for a while

I did like this course. It is realy a good course to play. I had fun at it.

Charbonneau. Good Value.

This course is a good value at #20 for 18 holes with a cart. There are several very pretty par 3's with shots over water.

Good short golf course

Only par 3 and 4 and in the middle of a community so you better get your hits straight ;)
The staff was not very useful... Where is the first hole, just there behind, then we discover there were 3 different 9 holes and had no idea which one we were supposed to play and we booked a 18 holes... So I guess there tee time isn't accurate since anyone go anywhere they'd like.
Other than that, it's a fine quality course but I won't come back, dont really like to play next to houses.

Oh and some bunkers are like impossible to get out from because they are not levelled up. I mean it shouldn't be easy to get out of a bunker but have to face a little mountain isn't normal neither ;)

Good Condition for January

The course is in good condition for January, pace of play was fine and we enjoyed a nice day of golf!

A freindly well designed senior village course

I have played this short par 62 course a few times, and always enjoyed the layout and challenges. The par three's are a little too long for most average golfers, but the other holes are not too long and well planned, albeit it would be nice to have a couple par 5's to increase the birdie potential. There is plenty of sand and a few water hazards to keep it interesting, but the homes lining the fairways can be a challenge for slicers going OB. Overall a very enjoyable course.

Need to pick up the leaves

During the summer months, this course is pretty well maintained. I had forgotten my horrible experience 2 Falls ago when I lost 6 balls in 9 holes due to leaves in the fairway and edges. It was almost as bad this time. The fairway had also not been trimmed in some time, and there were branches down from a wind storm 7 days before. I wanted to take a rake out of the sand and rake around looking for my ball.

Fun Round on very nice course for this time of year

The course is in darn good shape. We were thrilled it had not been sanded ore aerated.
We love that we don't have to play with others. We like to play by ourselves!
Sure wish you had a restaurant or snack bar.

Course provides opportunity to improve one's short game.

The course appears well designed to test one's short game with well placed sand traps, varietal trees and residential homes lining the course. Be prepared to test your skills with having to use in-between clubs to get closer to the pins. Nice course to relax and have fun while testing your short game skills.

Charbo

Course in good condition and pace was good.
Great value for the money, and lots of holes to challenge you to hit a good shot. Blues lengthen par 3's but quite a few short par fours give you a chance to make 3's. You will have fun.

Very good executive course

Course gets a lot of play. I go there to sharpen up my approach shots to the greens. Each of the three 9 hole courses is a par 31, so you are shooting to many par 3 greens. Some of these par 3's approach 200 yards; you have to bring a good long iron game. Good fun.

Fun Round

Great practice course, not too challenging. Will definitely play again.

Not what you paid for

Paid for 9 holes and a small bucket of balls. The course said that a bucket of balls was not included in the purchase.

Great walking course

Charboneau is an easy course to walk, and is challenging.

Great for short hitters

Course offers various challenges using your wedges.

Staff is always friendly, and the course is always in great condition. Recently the Geese left, so the greens aren't covered in droppings. Easily taken 5 shots off my round! ;)

Greens in terrible shape right now

Charbonneau is a lovely community with 3 nine hole, par 33 courses at its heart designated Red, Green, and Yellow. On the day we played, we played Green and Yellow. The course is short (there are no Par 5s) and easy to walk. The layout has some challenges even for experienced golfers. If you play from the back tees, as we did, you have to make some very fine shots to GIR; plenty of strategically placed trees, hazards, and bunkers. Some of the Par 3s are over 200 yards. Most greens are well guarded with green side bunkers.

The course is very pretty visually and usually well maintained but on this outing the greens were extremely poor - sparsely grassed, coarse, and very sandy, they were slow, bumpy, and, worst of all, inconsistent. Needless to say putting was horrible. So bad in fact that we simply dispensed with it eventually.

There was no aeration alert on GolfNow but, to be fair, it didn't look like aeration is what clobbered these greens.

I have played Charbonneau several times in the past and the greens were always in good shape. So I was much surprised and dismayed this outing. We won't write Charbonneau off over this one misstep but I will certainly check greens conditions personally before I rebook.

Course Eval

I got a great early bird special. Well worth it. I enjoyed the course.

Great Timing

The greens were in great shape for April. The rough was well kept and mowed. There were less golfers out than I expected that early and it made for an enjoyable round.

Aurora, Oregon