Scorecard for Southmoore
Blue M: 70.4/128 404 383 136 482 170 487 346 374 397 3179 391 285 143 282 499 436 216 352 382 2986 6165
White M: 68.6/125 385 359 110 454 152 478 329 359 369 2995 375 276 136 270 482 422 178 335 360 2834 5829
Gold M: 64.7/113 345 293 82 388 103 370 258 325 326 2490 323 259 132 256 404 333 158 285 325 2475 4965
Red W: 68.1/116 290 288 74 378 99 365 252 313 281 2340 316 211 124 212 394 301 146 277 294 2275 4615

Year Built 1994
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting
Architect Jim Blaukovitch (1994)

New York Advisor

Another week

Everything was good, but they recently aerated and I say it needs another week or so. Very bumpy
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Good
Philly Advisor

Good overall course. Good greens, average layout

I've heard a lot about this course from others so I finally got by to play on a chilly Saturday morning in November that warmed up nicely. The greens were the most notable about the course. Very consistent and well maintained. Sand traps were the next. Well raked and clean. Two of the toughest things to do well and I'll give kudo's on those straight away. well done Fairways and tee boxes were good, just didn't stand out. They have various tee boxes, but the blue's are just shy of 6,100 yards. It seemed a fair amount of short players were on the course, and other than 2 women, i never saw anyone use the two tee boxes available ahead of the whites (egos getting in the way) when they should have acknowledges their game and moved up. The layout was okay. It's in a hilly portion of the area, and they utilized it pretty well. One par 3 has a beautiful 30 foot waterfall that you don't see until you reach the green, but a local told me it does dry up sometimes. Why I don't see that noted in their web site I don't know, but it really was sweet. I will admit to being a little disappointed in that the holes weaved around a lot, and many just seemed to parallel each other and didn't add much to the course challenge or aesthetics. They were also close so there was a fair amount of crossing into other holes to play a shot, even on this lightly used day in November. I'd heard such raving reviews from several folks leading up to this round, and noting that the summer prices are $65 on weekends, made me expect to be either super challenging or a great visual experience, and got neither. It wasn't either to be honest. Now don't get me wrong, it's a good course, well maintained, but for the location, the price is too much. If you want a nicely maintained average course and don't mind a premium price then you'll be satisfied.
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Average

Enjoyed my round

I played Southmoore in an outing after having not played it for probably 12+ years. It was in excellent condition despite our recent lack of rain. Almost country club-like conditions, I was impressed. I played in an outing so it's not really comparable but the scramble did get around in a little over 4 hours which is good. I'll also say the Southmoore staff gave our group a great pricing structure and the service was great. The course has a snack shop and there is a full-service Italian restaurant with decent food on premises.
Course Layout Average

Thought It Was A Good Layout

I was a bit hesitant based on a number of reviews regards slow play etc. In fairness I didn't experience any issue. I arrived slightly early for my tee time. The starter saw that I was playing alone and sent me off the back nine. I played the nine quickly and thought the course layout was nice and was well maintained. I was a bit nervous about what would happen at the turn going to the first tee but the foursome on the tee invited me to play through. Again, little hold up and the one slow group a few holes ahead also let me play through. In all, I played in 2 1/2 hours and enjoyed the course. I will say that many of the holes are redundant as the back nine and front nine holes run parallel each other and there are many mirror image holes side by side. But overall I enjoyed my round at Southmoore. It appears to me that the course is like many I have seen that was built about 20 years ago ... had lots of promise or maybe seeking to become a private club but just fell short. But give it a try you might be surprised!
Quality of food & beverage Good
Pace of Play Excellent
Course Conditions Good

Just Okay

There wasn't anything special about this course. It was very well maintained and a little pond that made for a nice hole, but for the weekend price not something I really need to go back to. Maybe a little later in the day. It was pretty wide open and I had a fun round, but the holes seemed a little close together and like mentioned above, nothing that really grabs your attention. Probably in the minority here, because I know people who play it regularly and enjoy it. I hear the restaurant on site is very good as well, but never eaten there.
Quality of food & beverage Average
Value for the Money Fair

SOUTHMOORE

Course was in great shape for November. Greens were rolling fast and true. Pace was slow but expexted for a Holiday with warm weather in November. Would recommend.
Quality of food & beverage Excellent
Off-course amenities Excellent

Best layout, poor pace

Probably my favorite course to play in the area simply because of the layout. My only complaint is the pace of play, 5+ hours is unacceptable.
Quality of food & beverage Average
Pace of Play Fair
Course Conditions Good
Value for the Money Average

Loved the course

I loved the place. Great value and was in great shape.
Pace of Play Excellent

Nice Course, well maintained

Well maintained even this early in the season. I Recommend playing here. nice views as well
Course Conditions Average
Philly Advisor

Slow Play

I liked the golf course itself and the use of the terrain and it was in great condition. I drove 1 1/2 hours and met a couple friends who came in separate cars. Play was so slow and frustrating one player left after nine holes. There was basically the entire hole open for the group in front of us the whole round. It was a 5 hour plus round. A single who played with us who had played there several times before said slow play is the norm, not the exception. It is a shame. No staff or Rangers were visible on the course to move play along. Near the end at least one group behind us drove off the course and did not finish their round. There is no excuse for this, even on a crowded golf course.
Pace of Play Poor