Back Eighteen at Black Hawk Golf Course

Clubs: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Back 72 6162 yards 69.3 125
Middle 72 5239 yards 65.6 111
Forward (W) 72 4590 yards 65.6 110

"Twosomes are lowest on totem pole here"

summrthyme's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2017

My friend and I had a tee time of 7:58 a.m. I arrived first and when I paid, I mentioned to the man it was awfully crowded... he said I was ahead of the large group and we were "golden". by time my friend and I got our carts loaded, we drove to the first tee (about six minutes ahead of our tee time) but found the huge group of ladies had already teed off. 26 to be exact. no starter, no ranger. we went back into the clubhouse and the man was very accommodating and had one of his rangers take us out ahead of the group to Hole 5. He said we could play the 2nd nine then come back to finish the first 4 holes. Well, the bad thing was, after we played 14 holes, there was now a group of 8 men going off. My friend had driven over an hour from Ohio to play this course... He decided to leave but I went alone to finish my 4 holes. The eight some made me wait and would not let me pass. It took over half an hour more to finish my 4 holes. Unbelievable. So, if you are a huge group wanting an outing, Blackhawk is great. well taken care of, lush fairways, smooth greens, interesting holes. but if you are just one or two, you just don't count.

"Keep coming back"

seadog41258's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2016

My introduction to Blackhawk Golf Course was my introduction to golf early on in my childhood. My father would occasionally bring me along on Saturdays where I learned the game. I swear I can still hear the echos of their laughter, the metal golf spikes in cart paths, and gentlemen leaning over to tell me that my dad was just having a few bad holes and that he'll recover on the next hole. Those days in the late 60's and early 70's left an indelible image on my mind that keeps bringing me back to one of the best golf courses I have ever had the chance to play. Scattered throughout the golf course are hand pumps that we couldn't wait to get to. Now they just stand guard and provide a wonderful storyline of the past. The rolling hills and valleys on a brilliant sunny day offer magnificent hues of green that are only matched by an artist pallet. Fog can roll in an bring a surreal feeling like one is playing in unfamiliar territory. I have played on many many courses around the globe. From Torey Pines to Malaga, Spain, and Blackhawk to me is truly special!I have played this course since my teens and hope to continue for a lifetime. Play it, you'll see!

"Time Has Passed it By"

NoRebound's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

A 1960s public course. No real definition of fairways and rough. Green speeds vary so much that any time spent on the putting green is time wasted. Rough is so short and the ground so hard that its almost impossible to use a high loft wedge anywhere near the putting surface.

There are better options within a 20 minute drive of this place.

"THE GREENS ARE BACK"

ncpa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

Earlier in the year the course lost its greens. BUT THEY ARE BACK. Very undulating they require a moment or two before hitting the putt. 'The good thing is they were not fast. If it is your style to play the ball down you could have. They fairways, the rough and the traps were very playable. The only con was that the senior tee boxes were uneven and SMALL. Would I recommend playing it YES

"Nice view but horrible condition!"

cyberseal821's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/6/2012

The course needs serious attention. Aeration was horrible. Roughs were uneven. Fairways were no good.

"A great divercity all in on course."

mfedorchak's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/30/2012

The course was great at all times. The staff were really friendly towards us. Course one and two are hard for beginners length wise yet easier for the more experienced players without the hills. The third and fourth courses are easier length wise yet very hilly. Overall this was a great course that more people should play.

"Some holes are short for par 4's but overall in good shape"

Tecnos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/28/2012

Course was well maintained. Greens putted true and had enough undulations to be tricky in spots. Some of the par 4's were reachable with a good drive. Staff was friendly and accomodating.