Pleasant Valley Golf Club

Year Built 1922
Golf Season Year Round, weather permitting.
Architect Emil Loeffler (1922) John McGlynn (1922) Ferdinand Garbin

Clubs No

Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming

Up-and-coming.

The new owner has made some significant changes. This is a fantastic course for the money.. Front six holes average for this area. Seven through 18 have been reworked and are in great shape. The bar and restaurant is inviting and new food was excellent. The staff very friendly.

Great day on the links had another fantastic day on the course

Had another fantastic day on the golf course it's now my favorite course

Great day on the links had another fantastic day on the course

Even though the course is under construction still one of my favorite places to play the staff is friendly amenities are great

Under construction

even though the course is under construction with new cart paths being installed the course is in very good condition it will be one of the premier courses in the area probably by next year

Lots of improvements

Nice course and facilities. Lots going on. Would definitely play agakin

This course has great things

There are a lot of great upgrades being done but, the fairways and tee boxes are terrible

Great greens, fairways and bunkers

This course is worth a try. The first five holes are very much a traditional layout with more contemporary holes as the round goes on. There's lots of work being done on the course, and it will continue to improve. Not sure I get or understand number 16 and 17 layout.
Check in and the First Tee were a bit odd. Proshop acted like they had no idea we were coming even though we had prepaid our rounds on a GolfNow. The starter starter suggested we play the white tees even without knowing anything about our games. This is only a 6100 yard course. Most people can play the blue tees here. For what it's worth, one of the members of our foursome shot a 76. He can play any tease you want

The course is under construction but they are putting a lot of money into it and it's going to be fabulous

I would definitely recommend this course to anybody hole 17 is the best I've played in the whole United States

Plays Twice a year

Good value, decent course

This course was well worth the money. It had some interesting holes in the back 9, including some greens surrounded by water. I think the price was right for the course. The clubhouse bar/restaurant was one of the best features

Beautiful

The course is still under a lot of construction, but, even with that it is still a beautiful course

Beautiful day

My fiance and I got paired up with the nicest couple that we could have possibly played with. I have been golfing since I was around 6 years old and this was my fiance's 3 round of 18 (5th time out total). I had the pleasure of playing this course in a Junior tournament. It was a beautiful course for what I can remember.

Let's start by saying that we had a ranger approach us on the third tee due to a group of members behind us complaining. But, what that group couldn't see was the group in front of us and how we waited on every shot just like the group behind us had to do. I will chalk this up to us having two women in our group and a group of 'traditional' country club members behind us.
They are currently doing some construction so I will let that part slide obviously. The conditions of the course was just ok in my eyes because I didn't notice any real difference in the plushness of the fairways or speed of the greens comparing to other public courses in the area. The tee boxes on a few of the newer holes (or redesigned holes) are not even close to being level. You would think they would have been made level from the start. The 17th hole I would love to come play it a few more times but honestly, they give you a landing pad 10 yards by 20 yards that is, I think, 260 from the blue tees. So there is no chance of holding a ball in that area. Then there is a shorter landing area that you need to hit something 180 off the blue tees and then still have another 180 to an island green. Again, it is a beautiful hole but the flow of the hole just seems choppy and it seems like they wanted to put an island green in and they sacrificed that for design.
Weather was beautiful. Greens rolled very well just not as fast as I was expecting or would have liked. (I like lightning greens)

Really great course 14 and 17 you have to experience ! Have to be the best holes in PA

Back 13 holes

The first few holes are very hilly but the last 13 holes are very nice and fun to play!! One of my favorite courses in western Pa. Played with my two brothers all seniors.

Pleasant Valley

We (3) enjoyed our round of 18 holes. There have been major improvements to the course with the layout on 16, 17, 18 to name a few. Considering the rain we've had, the course seem to drain off well. The greens, fringe, fairways we're well taken care of. The ladies t's on some holes really weren't t boxes, just markers in the grass. Perhaps there are plans to build those. There is on going construction which really doesn't interfere with play but you need to be mindful of. I expect by midsummer, this course will be excellent. The staff was great and we appreciated the beverage cart that came around. We definitely plan to go back.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We ask that you please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Pleasant Valley Golf Club.

Great value

Even with the construction from course improvements currently underway the course was in excellent condition. Fairways and greens were perfect.

Lots of improvements

The course was in good shape on May 2. Several holes undergoing improvements but it still played nice.

Huge Potential!

This course has come such a long way. The fairways and greens are nice, the layout is solid, and the course is still being improved. Seventeen is a really great downhill island green hole with a beautiful pond and stone setup. I will be returning. Oh and by the way, the 19th hole is great! It’s a massive bar that can either be inside or outside depending on if the doors are rolled up or not. Plenty of beer and food to be had.

The new owners and putting a lot f money into making this course better. It’s going to be an awesome place

Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania