Edgewood by Sand Springs

Year Built 1978
Architect David Gordon

Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends before 2pm
Dress code No tee shirts, tank tops, cut-off shorts or baseball/football/soccer cleats.

Hackers paradise

Great course for beginners or hackers that want to hit the ball around. The course needs serious maintenance to be on par with other courses in the area. Clubhouse bar staff were great and food was delicious.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hello, Thomas. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Thanks for the compliments of our bar staff and food. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Edgewood in the Pines.

Please maintain this gem...

I haven't played this course in decades when in was immaculate. Now it's average. It needs TLC. The greens were great. The bunkers need to be maintained better, speaking first hand as I was in them all day; manually care for the parts not reachable by machine and remove rocks. The fairways and tees are being taken over by clover and other weeds to the point of being hard to differentiate with rough. Kidneys beware..cart paths are worn and there are lots of potholes in the fairways. I realize the wet weather may be the main cause, but the general lack of maintenance suggests otherwise. There are other choices in the area for basically the same fees. I hope they work it out as the layout is great.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Edgewood in the Pines. We hope to see you again in the future.

Horrible

The course has no fairways. Spend more time trying to find your ball in then playing. Actually quit after 15 holes because we were tired of searching the so called fairway for our ball. Dont waste your time. I no ill never go back

Commented On 06/04/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Edgewood by Sand Springs. We hope to earn your business again soon!

Commented On 07/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Layout

I have been golfing here for over 20 years. I used to walk the course when I was younger. For late July, the greens and aprons were green. As all the courses in NE PA this time of year, there were many brown spots. BUT HEH, I am watching THE OPEN this weekend and Carnoustie is all brown except the greens. IF you want a green course and go join a $50,000/year country club. Course has nice doglegs, long easy par 5 and two over the water holes to the greens which I have yet to master 100%,

Phillygolfguy13
Commented On 03/25/2019

Comparing this place to Carnoustie is way out of line.

Simple... Dog track

Burned out, slow greens, unfriendly staff. Not worth the$15 per player I paid via golf now.

EdgewoodPA
Commented On 07/17/2018

Niner009, I am sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable experience at Edgewood recently. We strive to keep our course in great condition and make sure everyone has a good experience so we appreciate your feedback.

Really nice course

Course was in decent shape, greens were very good. My sons and I had a great time, we'll be coming back.

unplayable

course was soaked. After trying to play on second
hole ball plugged in middle of fairway and I could not find. walking back to cart my foot sunk up to the ankle and then I quit covered in mud.

Response from Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club on 05/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club, in the Drums, Pennsylvania area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Slow play and wet

Slow greens, rough extremely long due to wet weather and sand unplayable. Not a good experience

Response from Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.
Response from Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club on 05/24/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

aeration

back nine getting aerated had to play front nine twice front nine so so needs some tender loving care, overall it was a good day

Response from Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club on 05/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your staff at Edgewood In The Pines Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Decent Course

Had some fun holes, conditions not all too great but would go back paying $20 or less.

Response from Edgewood by Sand Springs on 11/27/2017:
Hello Jonathan, thank you for taking the time to review us, Edgewood by Sand Springs, and for the 3 stars. We're glad to see you enjoyed the course layout and had a smooth pace of play on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the course conditions so we may work towards improving your future experience with us. Thank you for choosing to golf with us in the New York area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Drums, Pennsylvania