Year Built 1978
Architect David Gordon

Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends before 2pm
Dress code No tee shirts, tank tops, cut-off shorts or baseball/football/soccer cleats.

Bar, Grill

Banquet Facilities

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Edgewood in the Pines. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Fun course but conditions are rough

The layout is nice and challenging on a handful of the holes where positioning is key. The greens are in pretty good shape. Their speed was very consistent and rolled well. Those are the positives. The fairways are in pretty bad shape and are over grown with crabgrass or no grass at all. It comes at a premium. All in all, if a little care was given to the course, it would be a destination round.

Commented on 08/24/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Edgewood in the Pines. We hope to see you again in the future.

Wasn't Told about a Tournament

Went to play this course with a few buddies and had called to see if they had anything going on. Was told there was nothing going on only to show up and have to play behind a tournament. Only played 14 holes because a group 2 ahead of us. Last group of the tournament was not keeping a good pace of play and 5 groups after them called it quits after the 13th hole. Unreal that they didn't have anyone monitoring the groups. Easily would have been a 5 1/2 hour round of golf when this course should be 3 1/2 at most.

TERRIBLE!!!!!

Stay Away!!! I payed $33 and the course was nothing more than a cow pasture without the cows. The only thing that even resembled a golf course were the greens. Also the website makes the course look pristine, but the pictures must be from decades ago.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Edgewood in the Pines. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Experience

Play here from time to time when I make my way back into the area. Played Friday afternoon. Course was in great shape for mid July. Greens were in fantastic shape. Always has been a redeeming quality for Edgewood. Glad to see the upgrades to drainage on holes #1 and #10. I know in years past they have been an issue. Will gladly be back the next time I’m in the area.

Disappointed

First time I've played this course in a few years. I haven't seen this course in such poor condition in years. First, the course was soaking wet. Granted there was a great deal of rain in the past day or two but for weeks we had no rain so the course should have eaten up the most recent rainfall. It didn't.
Blooming clover was everywhere. I mean everywhere. Not a good look - especially when it (and crabgrass) is invading tee boxes. Tee boxes were chopped up.
Some greens looked distressed.
What had me scratching my head was the fact that it appeared the entire maintenance crew was out working . That's good, but .......... Cutters were in the middle of play. People cutting downs trees - in the middle of play. Holes being changed - in the middle of play. I always thought cutters et al should be out AHEAD of play - not in the middle of it. Plus none of these folks ever seemed to notice golfers.
Fasten your seat belts on the cart paths. I need a spleenectomy after my 18.
This course is in dire need of investment. It is a nice layout (though confusing if you're playing it for the first time). There are some holes where I expected the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz pointing both ways on certain holes directing you to the next hole.
The only redeeming virtue was the price - $20. It wasn't worth any more than that. I will not be back until I hear through word of mouth that conditions have improved. Sad to see this place appearing to suffer a slow death.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We will make sure to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting Edgewood in the Pines. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

VERY slow

We had a group of 6 golfers in front of us and they had.group of 5 golfers in front of them. It took us @4 hours to golf 12 holes. We left after the 12 the hole because we didn’t have another 2 or 3 hours to finish the course.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please know that we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and will use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Edgewood in the Pines. We hope to see you again soon.

Inexpensive but Slow

Had a 5 hour round. Only $24 apiece, which may have been a mistake at the clubhouse for 1:30pm on a Saturday with carts, but I’m not sure. Course greens were hard and dry and you don’t even need a bomb repair tool, ball rolls away on you always.

Fun layout

Some holes were challenging like 4,5,and 17. Your tee shot needs to be accurate to set up your approach shot into the green. Truly enjoyed my round with a solid 83.

Love playing this course, the design and layout of the holes keeps me coming back

Good course that needs TLC

I love the layout of Edgewood. I remember the days when it was a premier public course in NEPA. Those days are long gone. With a good capital investment the course can return to its former self.

Drums, Pennsylvania