View from no. 2 on the Egret Nine at Carolina National

Carolina National Golf Club boasts a 27-hole layout designed by Fred Couples. Situated along the banks of the Lockwood Folly River, the course encapsulated the beauty of the low country. The holes are divided into three nines that are named after the birds that can be seen throughout the course: Egret, Heron, and Ibis. Couples placed an emphasis on preserving the rich natural landscape and wildlife, earning the golf course designation as an Audubon Sanctuary. They each have unique designs but they all have challenging greens that are some of the best in the area. The Egret nine will reward long, strong drives. This and the Heron nine are home to the six holes that play along the river. These are some of the most visually stunning holes. Carolina National Golf Club's three nines provide three different 18-hole combinations.

Carolina National Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates Kipp Schulties (1998)

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #20)

Nice course - especially if you can get a deal on Price

I forgot I played here 5 years ago - but it came back to me once I got to the clubhouse. Course has 3 9-holes so multiple “options” on which “18” you will play. I played Ibis and Herron and enjoyed it. The course was in pretty good condition for late November. I wasn’t too happy that as the first tee time, we caught the “last” group going off the other 9 when we made the turn. We didn’t even play the front 9 quickly (2 hours) but then having to wait on all shots in the 2nd nine was not great. But overall, I would go back.

Commented on 11/27/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your experience to our team at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thanks for playing!

Commented on 11/23/2020

Beautiful Course

The course has a lot of beautiful holes and views. It was in great shape. The fairways/rough was near perfect and the greens were good, but not great. Definitely fast. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. The starter let me and my partner go 45 minutes before our scheduled tee time to try and get all 18 holes in. The pace of play was very slow due to it being crowded and cart path only because of rain. I would highly recommend this course!

Commented on 12/01/2020

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We hope to see you again soon!

Course was in phenomenal condition considering the huge rain fall we had only a few days ago. Pace of play was above average for a Sunday round. We really enjoyed our round and most certainly will return again.

Commented on 11/17/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and rate us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's great to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts to keep things looking great! We look forward to having you back Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Man Oh Man

Played Carolina National today with a golfnow friend. I live in the area and have not paid there in two or three years. The conditions of the course (tee boxes, roughs, fairways, greens, fringes) were excellent. The greens were very true and fast. You better be concentrating on what you are doing when putting or chipping. The great conditions and speed of the greens will test your golf game. We played for $32.00 today, with a $5.00 rebate from Golf Now. I can tell you without a doubt, this was a great buy and would have been a great buy for considerably more. Very impressed with Carolina National and we are going back next week now that we have seen the course and know we better bring our A game. Great day of golf. Kudos to Carolina National for putting the attention to the course that so many others drastically need,.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000007389442! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/04/2020

Hello and thank you for the great review! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Beware of new rule on carts

The course recently received new carts and are trying to force singles to ride together or pay an up charge. Why they are willing to assume liability for someone catching COVID from a stranger is beyond me. Just understand if you show as a single or 3-some don’t be surprised.

Commented on 11/04/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry that you disagree with and were not aware of the individual cart rider policy before you arrived. This information has been posted on the COVID-19 updates page of our website since it was put into effect on October 5th and is communicated in our GolfNow bookings as well. It is unfortunate that this is the sole basis and only thing reflected in your review. Surely, you can understand that a golf club can only absorb the added costs of single carts for so long, which we did for several months during the pandemic. With the North Carolina move into Phase 3 and the updated guidelines from health and government officials, we felt this was a reasonable expectation at this time and a fair accommodation offered for those who still wish to ride solo. Thank you for playing Carolina National. We hope that you enjoyed the course will consider returning to play again when you are comfortable doing so.

3 Nines.

Played here three times. Just played the Egret nine for the first time. Not a big fan. Too many funky holes, starting with the first hole. Love Heron and Ibis nines. Some really pretty holes.

Good Shape

Course is in very good condition, greens are nice but very fast and flag placement was fair. Tee boxes are great. It’s not a long course, we played blue tees, but very challenging. Other than the 150 & 100 markers, I didn’t see any yardage markers In the fairways. I liked the course and for the fee I will play again.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hi Craigclapsaddle. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Bee in the bonnet

The course was in good shape but the cart staff and starter were not friendly. Guy in the pro shop had the personality of a rock.

Not sure if I would recommend this course to anyone who cannot tolerate this type of behavior.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We are glad to know you enjoyed the conditions of the course, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Nice course would play again

I liked the course a lot. Tee boxes to greens were in good shape. Would recommend

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u4319856. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine thanks you!

Love this course!

As usual I was buffaloed by the greens. Fast,unseen breaks. Even though there are homes along a lot of the hole it still feels like you're out in the wilderness. I consider this my ""home "" course even though I am not a member.The personnel are always friendly and helpful. Cant wait to play there again.

Cart Paths

Cart paths are awful!!! Need major repairs. Beat me to death!! Course itself in good shape!

Commented on 10/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, dawson80. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great day!

The layout and conditions were outstanding. Greens had been sanded a week ago and they rolled true and fast. Played Ibis/Heron and we all enjoyed the layout. Will go back real soon

Commented on 10/15/2020

Thanks for the great feedback! We appreciate your review and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carolina National Golf Club.

Enjoyable course.

I enjoyed playing this course with the wife, greens were a little rough but fairways were in great shape.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Viper99! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Worn out cart

The golf course was in
excellent shape. I really co uld not fairly rate off course amenities due to Covid.
The golf cart we were given was in poor shape and the staff admitted they knew it.

Commented on 10/12/2020