Victory Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1955

Credit Cards Accepted Discover Welcomed

perfect day for a round. weather was perfect. staff was great. course is in great shape. greens are quick but fair.
Stay below holes on approach otherwise bye bye.

Blind shots galore

You have to play this course a few times to be able to play well. Way too many blind shots for my liking. Water filled bunkers, lost balls that should have been able to have been found. I paid $15 + fee and I’d never pay more than that.

Mountain side experience

Ok. First time playing. Greens are beautiful. Traps were full of water. Tee boxes were ok as well as the fairways. You really get no flat lies on the fairways but that is part of the difficulty. Probably will play again.

5.5 hour round

Booked as a single. Had mixed feelings booking as a single with this course as prior time I was told by staff there that I will need to split s cart with someone else since the course isnt making money from me on golf now. Anyway, I was paired this time with a 2 some. The pace was very long. So long that 2 groups in front of us paired up to become a 6 some. No ranger to speed up 1 very slow 4 some holding everyone else up.

Fast greens

Staff was friendly and check in was quick. Nice layout. The greens are the equalizer. Fast and true. Faster than any public or country club course I played all year. The restaurant and bar area is a nice relaxing area after your round. .

Slow Pace of play, let out 5 somes, no appologies

Tee off around 12:30, starter says there are 4 scramble groups ahead of you, playing 5 somes, said they wouldnt hold us up, we had to be done by 5:30, 5 hour round should be no problem, well after finishing the first 9 at 3:00 and waiting every shot, we found 4 groups waiting to tee off on 10, Well after 13 holes we had to call it quits, told the manager about it, she really could care less, didn't offer a 9 hole rain check or anything, just said wow i'm surprised. Not a great experience.

Watch you back!

Course is nice but the cart paths are abysmal to the point where you have to drive around them which could be dangerous to the golfer and the cart itself. They must replace the shocks on those carts weekly. The people from the course don’t seem interested in hearing about the terrible cart paths. With my bad back, I don’t need the bouncing pressure which leaves me very sore at the end is the round. I would avoid this course until this is corrected.If, and when, this is done, it will be a course we’ll worth playing

Great Value, Fair Challenge

I'm very happy my friend and I picked Victory Hills to play. For the price it is probably the best course I have played yet. The greens were by far in the best condition of anywhere I have played locally yet this season. As other reviews say, yes, the paths are rough. The grass right next to them isn't so you'll be fine.

They had a reverse shotgun around our time, and the starter told us to play slow. However we had a speed golf foursome playing INTO us, which was rather annoying, then after we let them play through a twosome was doing the same, and that's not an indictment of our play, as we were done in 3:20. However, that isn't the course, just the guests.

I absolutely will return to Victory Hills. It's a little bit of a drive depending on where you are, but absolutly worth it.

Joe / Izabela

The staff is extremely friendly. The course and greens were in great condition. My daughter and I always love stopping in for sandwiches in the restaurant after 9. It is also great to see that this course is an active participant in the First Tee Program. It’s always great to see a course that’s willing to give some back to promote the game. Great facility great staff bring your family out to play today!

A foggy golf day

Had an enjoyable round on Victory Hills. We had a 7:48 am tee time that was a little delayed by a thick fog bank. The course was in very good shape, particularly the greens. The fairways and rough were well maintained. A few of the gold tees need attention, especially #17. Stay off what’s left of the cart paths.

Victory hills is really a mixed bag, I personally enjoy the course but it definitely has highs and lows. Literally, the course would be a tough walk, multiple holes have some pretty serious elevation changes.

The tee boxes are kept in pretty good shape, playing the tips can be a real challenge and is where this course shines. The greens are also in perfect shape, and would be considered fast even in wet conditions.

All the very short par 4s are doglegs protected by trees, I wouldn't classify them as forced layups but they all offer a risk reward shot off the tee which is nice.

Number 9 and 18 run parallel to the road that leads to the parking lot, the tee shot on 10 is set up to cross the road. I personally don't mind because the only traffic on that road is people heading in and out of the course, but it is worth mentioning.

A good number of the fairways slant in such a way that the only way to get a level lie is to be in the rough on the low side. If you've played courses in this area you know that this isn't unusual for western PA but again, it's worth mentioning.

Lastly, due to all the elevation changes the low ground on this course is typically wet all the time regardless of how dry the weather has been.

Sandwiched

I booked last minute, the staff was courteous and very nice, I was sandwiched between foursomes. Other than the wait, great golf course!

Weird delay

Had a 1:56 tee time and we teed off on time, only to see 12 golf carts on 10 tee. The starter instruction was that we would have to wait for the league's. We didn't wait.

Course

Love design. Could have better cart paths. Love All the workers.

Course was in good shape, greens rolled nice and true and challenging. will be back again.

Great course for the money

The greens are in perfect condition and the rest of the course is great. For the money, you really can't beat this course in the Pittsburgh area. Also, the staff is extremely friendly. It's obvious that they care about the course. The cart paths are a little rough but it's easy enough to avoid the bad areas. I will definitely be back!

McKeesport, Pennsylvania