Year Built 1926
Architect Rich Mandell (2009) A. W. Tillinghast (1926)

Clubs No

Restaurant

Very Good Historic Course

Played for the first time at Erie GC and I will say that this is a course that is very good and can be a great course.

Greens were firm and fast than what I am used to recently moving to PA from FL (Bent is very different from Bermuda). Course definitely had a lot of uphill and downhill holes. That can really help the course play shorter or longer. Bunkers needed some TLC in some areas, but as I was told when checking in, those typically get done in March/April but the course was closed at that time.

I went out as a single walking and played in between 4-somes and pace was still great. I definitely would come back to play the course but probably not from the blue tees until I get used to playing some hills more.

Canadian group Guelph

We have been coming to the Erie Golf Club for the last 3 years we first started with 12 golfers we are now up to 16 I can honestly say that not one of the guys in our group has had any complaints towards golf course or the staff, we have found the course to be in great shape but also very challenging, 3 of the days we are there we play 27 holes so after 18 we stop and have lunch usually we order the wings and pizza which is fantastic and really reasonably priced. I highly recommend the Erie Golf Club great course and great staff.
Jack

What Happened??

Very disappointed in my round at Erie golf course, the rough was exceptionally high and the sand traps were not kept up, it appears that they were working on the traps but they have been neglected for too long. When I mentioned this to the staff they were not very receptive saying that they were working on it and that it had rained, sorry it hasn't rained that much

Best kept secret in Erie area

Excellent well kept greens and irrigated fairways. Lots of rolling hills and ravines between holes. Almost 40 sand traps, but only 2 water hazards. Abundance of uphill, downhill and side hill lies. Some blind tees hots and approaches. Excellent food in the pub too.

Municipal