Boone Golf Club

Boone Golf Club
Scorecard for Boone Golf Club
Blue M: 71.3/128 395 419 216 409 417 514 392 214 333 3309 584 175 334 413 392 309 192 571 407 3377 6686
White M: 68.1/120 359 387 183 348 365 471 372 182 299 2966 479 154 323 376 375 303 146 502 394 3052 6018
Gold M: 66.3/116 W: 71.0/119 359 347 137 305 346 434 339 170 292 2729 467 149 323 369 359 288 130 448 361 2894 5623
Red W: 68.6/120 331 319 107 296 286 429 289 148 266 2471 443 149 277 353 349 239 110 421 284 2625 5096

Year Built 1959
Architect Ellis Maples (1959) Rick Robbins

Dress code Proper golf attire. No tank tops or any other attire with cut offs, rips, holes, or tears. Denim is acceptable without rips, tears or holes.

Beautiful Course

We love this course. We also love that golfnow allows us an affordable price every so often.

We will definitely return for our 4th round!

Slow Day/ Good Course

Course is almost always in great shape, but due to recent rains it was very soggy and fairways had not been mowed in several days. Greens were fast and smooth.Unfortuntely there was a foursome 3 groups in front that had decided to make the course their own private playground, taking a good 5 hrs to get around. However, I place most of the blame with the ranger who apparently considered the backup normal for a Saturday. Just before we finished the front 9 we asked about the holdup and were told it was normal there for weekend play, even though the slow group was more than 2 holes behind the group in front of them. He made no effort to apologize or speed the group up making us feel almost foolish for asking.Slow play is a common issue with many public courses and it would be appreciated by most of us if the ranger would be more helpful in moving slow players along. No reason for 5 hr rounds.

Quiet Soggy

The course played log due recent rains. Even though the course was crowded and a late tee time, we were able to finish.

Boone Golf Club is a nice course in good shape. The course layout is fair and pretty straightforward, especially for a mountain course. Greens are challenging with plenty of slope. It is one of the nicest public courses in the area, so it gets quite busy on the weekends. It isn’t unusual to have long backups on the first tee, but once we got moving, the pace of play was acceptable. The special rate on GolfNow made this course a great value, and a very nice course to slow down and enjoy the beautiful setting at a great price.

Really nice greens

Enjoyed our first experience at Boone Golf Club...Nice layout...course in very nice condition..beautiful greens..Will definitely return..

Great course, challanging, pick the correct tees for ur game.

Great layout & condition. Different holes to challange ur game.Play tees that fit ur game & you'll have fun. Not an easy course but keeps ur interest.

Love this course

Great public course. Fairways and greens are in great shape. Some tee boxes showing wear late in the season but still okay.

Fast Greens, Good Condition

First group out on the front(double teeing)great pace of play finished in less than 4 hours. Course is in good shape, greens were very fast

Great afternoon of golf

Boone golf club is an outstanding course in the mountains without being mountain golf. Greens in great shape and the overall condition was terrific. Beautiful scenery all around as well as the course itself with many streams and long par threes. Highly recommend this course

Nice round

Wife and I were paired with another couple.Great people and great round-4 hour round!!!!Course in good shape

Enjoyable round of golf.

Love the course, I’m a golfer not a contract negotiator

I have always enjoyed playing this course! Conditions on course are normally as good as it gets! However, the fairways have some winter kill in them and it takes away from the appearance of the course, but does not affect the score! Everything else condition wise is currently 5 star! I was a little disappointed in the fact they weren’t repairing this because the course has always been extremely well maintained.

I purchased a hot deal to play. I was disappointed only in the fact that course was wanting to charge me full price for a replay., I thought that was ridiculous. I have never had a course charge me full price for a replay EVER while using golf now. I had actually played here previously last year and was only charged cart fee for replay. Dude at the pro shop told me they make nothing off of golf now and that’s why he was charging me full price. Not familiar with their contract / relationship with golf now, but I informed him I had played here before and was only charged cart fee, made no difference to him. : ( I informed him I could replay again on golf now cheaper than what they were charging me and that’s what I done ONLY because I wanted to PLAY GOLF!!!!! He told me that’s what I should do, book my second round through golf now. Even though the course is making no money off of golf now?!?!?!? They made 30 bucks when I paid THEM to replay after booking through golf now again....He wasn’t rude about it, but it did hurt me that this is the way they choose to do business with THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS....

Course is not overly difficult, but fun to play in a great location!

Beautiful day in the mountains

Always a pleasure to play this course and today was no exception. Pace of play was a little slow due to the fact we were a twosome, but overall completed in just over four hours which works fine. Course condition was very good although some of the fairways had some bare spots. Greens were excellent.

Great First Trip

I have been wanting to play here for a while now, and finally got a chance to today when I found a heck of a hot deal online ($26, rack rate was $63). The course was busy and double tees at least on the weekends. So the pace of play was not great. But still just under 4.5 hours. The layout of the course was awesome! A good variety of holes, some long, some short, some doglegs both ways, some tight some wide. The par 3s however didnt play a ton different, seems like all 4 of them were between 170-180. But other than that no two holes were alike. The greens were generally large and very undulating. No flat greens and several tough pins in the bowls on the greens. Even though its in Boone, it doesnt really play as much of a mountain course, it sits down in a valley and is generally flat or slightly rolling hills. The course was in good shape. The greens were very smooth, a little slow in my opinion, but very smooth. And the fairways and tees were really nice. If you are in the area and can get a deal on a tee time take a chance and play. You will thoroughly enjoy your round.

Played many times always enjoyable

Good course-friendly folks-worth the value! Chip Stewart

The one public course in NC you must play!

Even with a lil rain during the round this course is a sight to see given the 360 degree mountain valley views. Great track!

One of the prettiest public courses in NC!

This track gets better every time I play it! Def get a tee time I around the high country areas. You will not be disappointed for your money:)

Boone is a must play.

Two big thumbs up for Boone. This is quite a scenic track. Conditions of the cores were outstanding. The view from every shot is very very nice. If you're in the western Carolina versus the most play location. You really going to enjoy it.

Boone, North Carolina