View of a green at Santa Anita Golf Course.

Santa Anita Golf Course

Year Built 1935

Carts Yes - $12.00 - $15.00

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Banquet Facilities

Course was in good condition. I don’t typically like playing flat course, but would go back again. I was fortunate enough to get paired with two really nice guys.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hello, Bosch. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see that you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Santa Anita Golf Course.

Even with a lite rainshower the course played amazing and do to people being afraid of a little water, I had the course practically to myself! The course is always well kept and the greens were like always well manicured. Turned out to be a beautiful round.

Conditions could’ve be a little better but it’s a nice course

Santa Anita

Great layout for the money. Entire staff is friendly and helpful I have played here for many years and come every week.

Great pace. Patchy fairways

Always liked this course but not able to play it in recent years due to being out of town.
Finally got a time booked and had great weather.
Pace of play was excellent which is something we could thank COVID-19 for.
The greens were in good shape but a bit slow. No problem once you get a couple holes in. Unfortunately the downside was the fairways. I was able to hit more than half of them but a bit disappointed as they didn’t have a lot of bare spots.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please know that the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will make sure to use your comments as guidance for improvements. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Santa Anita Golf Course.

Good day for golf

Second time coming here, but first time playing post COVID. Did not know what to expect. You will need to make a reservation, they are discouraging walk on like most courses are now doing. There was a person sitting before you reach the starter asking for your name and if it was not on the list, she will not let you in or if you’re too early, she tells you to come back later. She stated practice area was close so you do not to be crowd/wait around till 15 mins before tee off. Was finally able to get in and tees off. Pace of play was good. They got groups out about every 10 mins. We were a 4 some and we eventually caught up to the group in front of us who were a 3 some by hole 12? Guess we were playing fast and did not stop of food. Only complaint was last hole layout is weird. Dogleg right but fairway on a mound in the middle. Go right and you wind up on the dirt cart path and close by hole 10. Go right and hole plays longer. People we were waiting to play hole say it’s challenging but I guess I was annoyed by then because of the wait to play. But overall, good day. Glad to be out. Recommend course and will play again

Not maintained.

Fairways and rough area are in poor shape. After the rains we had, after the Covid19 break, I was expecting this course to be in similar lush shape to other courses I’ve played over the past month. But no. There are bare spots all over the course, with barely any grass. Where there is grass, it’s inconsistent and patchy, some thick others fluffy thin. Very, very disappointing. I like the layout, it’s a fun course, but the conditions are depressing. The greens have also not been taken care of, thick and lush but sticky and extra slow, very, very slow and grainy. Thinking it about it, unless they took care of the course soon, it’s going to look like the other county course at Links at Victoria, also barren in many spots and poorly maintained. Won’t be back for a long long time, until I hear real reports that the place has come back to how it used to be from about 6 years ago.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Santa Anita Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

First time here

Came out to play here for the first time because of Erik Anders Lang’s YouTube vlog of the course. Interesting design. Tons of mounds in the fairways. Apparently there are old train cars under the fairway and lots of the fairways have rather large mounds in them which make for some interesting bounces and sidehill lies. The greens were in good shape, rolled smooth and held good shots well but they were a little hairy and most of my groups putts for the day were coming up short, even on the back 9 when we knew they were slow. Overall, had a nice time. Not a course I would tell someone they should play but it’s worth a look just to cross it off the list.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Hello, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Players

Staff is very bad attitude.. and short temper not professional handling situations...

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Santa Anita Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

18 holes

My nephew and I walked this course in 4hrs 15min. The foursome in front of us used carts and the foursome behind us used carts. Both groups were slower than us. The staff took notice and gave us Gatorade and coupons for free Carts to use when we come back. Great day of competition and exercise.

Arcadia, California