2.2

Conocodell Golf Club

Year Built 1961

2.2

Poor Service

Me and my buddy booked a. time for Saturday morning a 8am on Thursday that same week. When we arrived a female who appeared to be manager or owner advised that the course was booked because of a tournament and we would be unable to play. No others players were there year, but the staff member gave us no option to start before the other players arrived, let us start on a different hole, or any other. Staff member went on to say she isn’t familiar with website. We have booked with before by prepaying. She further went on to blame the website for not knowing they were booked instead of stepping up by taking any responsibility for the mix up. Staff member was rude and felt no sense of responsibility for the mix up. She didn’t even offer a refund and told us we were on our own to work out a refund with the website. Last time we played, we booked through same website and the same staff member asked us to pay to play and when we told her that we prepaid in advance on the website. She told us that the rate we paid was too low. Hard to understand why a course would agree to allow a third party website to sell tee times for them, then not honor either tee time or complain to us about the rate we paid. Never playing at this course again, which is not well kept. We originally started playing there because it was easy to get tee times on short notice. Now I can understand why it was so easy to get on. Good thing Caledonia was able to fit us in during a morning of a tournament, and they were much friendlier.

Fun afternoon

Course was in nice shape for time of year. Personnel very nice.

Save the money. See a movie. Anything else.

When we got there, there was a sign on the door that said “play then pay.” Keys for the carts were in a bowl on a plastic table in front of the wooden shack that functions as their clubhouse. We started joking about how this was all set up with another twosome that arrived at the same time.

It’s a 9 hole golf course. Why the option to pay for 18 holes exists? I don’t know. I mentioned it to the staff that the app allowed me to pay for 18 holes. She responded, “it never does that.” Ironically when I said, “okay, can I pay the 9 hole price?”, after deciding that I was definitely not replaying those 9 holes, it became convenient for her to tell me that people play 18 holes all the time. “You play from the whites, then you play from the blues,” she said. Just like the pros do it. How could I be so stupid? So which is it? The app never lets people pay for 18 holes, or people play 18 holes all the time? Make up your mind. Prior to this payment fiasco with the staff, we noticed the other twosome that had also paid for 18 holes, also cut their losses after 9 holes and left.

There’s nothing particularly exciting about the course. Be sure not to hit the ball in the fairway as you never know when the sprinklers in the middle of the fairway are going to turn on. Also I chipped my pitching wedge on a well camouflaged rock in the ground in the fairway on one of the holes. We ended up leaving and playing 18 holes at a different course to rinse off the feeling from this course. To be fair, the greens are decently well kept, but that’s about all I can say about it. I would play there again for a free ride to the course and a $5 price for a round. I won’t be going back. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

good value

Good course to take friends whoare not the best.at golf. Very forgiving course. NOT STUFFY!

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Fun place to play

It’s a fun place to hit balls. Good value for the money.

Anonymous

Very poor conditions

We have played this course many times over time and unfortunately it has deteriorated more each time we play. Playing conditions are worse than at any time in the past and no one seems to care. This probably will be our last time playing there unless it comes under new ownership with someone that puts in the work to improve the course.

Great Value

Nine hole course that is a combination of Scottish style roughs and modern course layout. Wide fairways on many holes and the greens are in pretty decent shape.
You cannot complain about the prices honestly....right at the average local area prices for a nine hole course.

Beginners paradise

Hey if anyone out there can get me on a course 7 days/week for 15 bucks for 18 holes with a cart I'm in!!!
This course is great to get out and get some swings in to work on your mechanics
The fairways are nondescript and hard with bare spots in many places. The greens are very fuzzy and take a 3 wood to putt across.
The course is however still worth 15 bucks

Moving up

This course is under new ownership and they are trying to improve it. The greens were were in good shape and the fairways were OK - They do not have a sprinkling system, it would seem, so they were very dry and hard. The rough was very rough and not very attractive. On the plus side, $15 for 18 holes with a cart was worth it.

Very poor kept course

The staff was extremely friendly, which makes me a lite hesitant to write a negative review. However, this course was not in good shape at all. Grass wasn't mowed recently, the fairways were barely recognize able from the rough. The greens were the best part of the course but still not in very good shape. The tee boxes on about half the holes weren't even present, and on a lot of others all the tee groups (red, white, blue) were practically in the same location. Like I said, the staff was extremely nice, but the course really needs some major and loving attention.

Nice little course

The course at Conocodell is a nice little 9 hole course. I like playing the nine hole course. As a beginner I can compare the 1st round to my second round.

Conocodell nice afternoon

first time playing here. The course needed some minor Maintanence, Trimming and such. Overall worth the price. Had a nice afternoon.

Good deal

The deal was good to work on short game. One water cooler on course. On a 93 degree day, couldn't get a drink of water, because the cooler was empty. If I could play 18 holes for 7 dollars, I'd play again. There was one other group on course while playing.

The place needs to be mowed

This course has a nice lay out and the value is very good. The greens are very slow and you can lose balls in the fairway. I talked to the owner wife and she told me the grass was mowed the day before. Well the fairway looks like the ruff and the ruff is more like the U.S OPEN. This courese should be mowed a lot shorter. They were cutthing a tree limbs down on 4th hole that was in the fairway. So that was improvement. Yes I would come back and see if they make any improvement. This course has potential to be a good 9 hole course. I doubt if any one reads the review but maybe the owner's do and make these changes.

Great Staff and friendly players

A very friendly group of staff and patrons. Course is perfect for beginner, senior & intermediate level golfers.

First Round of the Year

This was the first time out for me in 2015, the course was not wet. And played well. For the cost this is a great course to get and play. Allows you to dial in your skills.

Work in progress

I am impressed with the condition of the greens. I golfed here under the previous management and the course had much to be desired. The new management informed me that they plan to slowly renovate the course one hole at a time. Great job so far. The new green looks awesome and I look forward to it opening soon.

Quick Value Course

This is an ideal course for beginners, someone needing a quick 9 holes, or for someone looking for a relaxed place to play. If you are looking for a low frills, economical golf course, this should work for you. I see this as a good value course. The course is older and wasn't well kept before new management came in 2009. The course conditions such as weeds in fairways, bunkers, etc., are a work in progress but definitely improving. Course sets up well for beginner to average golfers who typically hit drives of 250 yards or less. For longer drives you may want to pull out a 3 wood on several holes. Enjoying this course is all about expectations! The course is mostly open and very fair, although there is some water and several holes run along woods.

Family Fun

Great course for the money. Spent a day with my wife and 10 year old who do not golf, this course was wide open and a great place for them to have fun.

Fayetteville, Pennsylvania