Hickory Valley Golf Club boasts two 18-hole, regulation-length courses, named the Ambassador and the Presidential. The Ambassador Course is the shorter of the two at 6,450 yards but it still offers a fair test. The classic layout is routed through towering hardwoods forests that stretch to over 70 feet high. The tall hickory trees loom over the fairways. The small greens are sloped back to front, presenting a challenge for even the most seasoned players. Water hazards come into play on several holes and there are a few tricky doglegs to contend with. The bunkering is minimal but the abundant trees will be enough to keep you on your toes. The golf course has some challenging holes but it's not overly punishing for the high handicapper.

Hickory Valley Golf Club - Ambassador

Year Built 1968

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 30

Aeration Alert

Course was in good shape but the greens were recently aerated.

Problem verifying payment at course pro shop

The course could not verify my payment on their computer. Although the pro shop was very nice and did not hold up our round, it was disconcerting to me and I had a terrible round. I let it bother me because it was embarrassing to me. There always seems to be something unusual that happens when I use Golf Now. I used two promo codes from a prior situation for this round. The incidents were not exactly due to Golf Now per se, however, I don’t believe they would have occurred if I would simply call for a tee time. You cannot always account for the unusual things, but when I make the arrangements for myself and my friends and it doesn’t go smoothly, you get upset. For me it’s not worth the dollars saved to become upset over strange situations like greens aeration or computer glitches. Hopefully things will go smoother next time.

Good time great course

This course is great from tee boxes fairways and green carts are old but if that’s the only downside we can live with that will play again

Decent course with plentiful challenges

Greens were great but grass around greens and fairways was inconsistent with weedy and thin patches in key areas around the apron.
Interesting layout, lots of dogleg holes and local knowledge would have been helpful on a few holes. Pretty flat with very few elevation changes but narrow fairways and water made up for that lack of challenge. Over all a decent track for the $. Everyone working there was friendly and helpful.

Wet conditions

Even though the course was wet and it was cart path only the pace of play was still good. Ended up hearing what they local what you made the course play better. Apparently nobody knows how to fix ball marks at this course or the greens would be even better.
Some drivable par-4

Presidential

We’ve played the Ambassador course a few times and this was fun to play since it was so different. The length was a nice change of pace to add a different element to working the course. Greens and tee boxes were in amazing shape! Would definitely play again

Muggy and challenging

Due to the heat and muggy weather course played tougher than normal, only complaint and this is probably due to all the rain the area is receiving is the broad leaf weeds in the rough and fringe areas. Only other observation was the amount of beer sold to the two individuals behind us, I would not have wanted to be on the road when they left the course.

Average Player

Enjoyed the course. Pleasant staff. Noticed some of the sand traps were washed out from the previous storm(s). Golf now app.

Worth it.

Played this course plenty of times and have really never been disappointed. The conditions are usually ok, the layout is nice and the staff are always pleasant. This day there were some areas in the fairway that were bare and a bit rough. Some of the approaches could’ve been taken care of better, mixes of weeds, grass and dirt. The rough was beaten up with a lot of bare uneven areas that would depress your lie under the actual rough. Now most of the tees were in good shape, some had high grass in spots, but for the most part ok. The greens were the best part of the course. Well maintained, even and rolled very nice. No one on the course when we got out (6:45am), which is always nice. Overall, I would play this course again. Didn’t have a great score, but I will be back to seek revenge.

Course is challenging and in great shape.

Could not believe how nice course was considering the club house was under a few feet of water bridges were damaged not that long ago. Saw one trap that was still washed out. Other then that course was great. Plenty of bunkers I know I was in enough of them. Green's are a challenge to putt. Only negative workers on course not to considerate of the players.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hi stamill1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ambassador at Hickory Valley Golf Club.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hi stamill1. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off to recover from the water. We look forward to having you back at Ambassador at Hickory Valley Golf Club!

Perfect day for golf

Haven't played here in a few years. Forgot how good a course it is. Many challenging holes and conditions were very good. Greens ran somewhat medium to medium fast but rolled true.

Poor pace of play

When I arrived, I was told that my golf now reservation was giving them issues. It took nearly 3 hours to finish 9 holes today and the course had numerous holes with poor conditions. I couldn’t wait it out any longer and went home early.

Commented on 06/27/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Durantea. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

This course to be cart part only very often. I have played the course many times and it.was cart path only 9 out of the last 10 times. There are large standing puddles on the fairway on several of the holes and the cart path has many waterways to drive through. I like the course layout but a better drainage system and better course maintanence is neccessary

This was not a "4.1"

The greens had many divots throughout..
Many weeds on the fairways
Fairways very patchy.
The course was ranked a 4.1, I gave it a 2/5 cause that needs to come down to a more realistic grade. The course was honestly a 3.3-3.4.
Very disappointing

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your time with us. We are always looking to improve, so we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We hope to have you back in the future.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We see that your experience wasn't the best. We are always interested in learning more about these situations so we can improve. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the club directly. We hope see you again in the future.

Commented on 05/14/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 05/14/2019

Good Course Better Staff

Played the presidential course at 8:30am. Nice layout and good conditioned greens. Fairways could use some work. Best part was Pam in the Pro Shop. So nice and gave me the run down on the courses and summertime tips. Once you meet her you’ll understand why this was the highlight.

Both courses are excellent. Great warm up areas. Very challenging. Great staff. Cart girl in the summer.

Tee fairways and green all in great shape well kept keep up the good work

Bally, Pennsylvania