Style Traditional

Gilbertsville Golf Club in New Hanover Township is tucked away among the rolling hills of Montgomery County. The 27-hole public course is divided into three nines, called the Red, White, and Blue. The Red and White were the club's original 18 holes when it first opened in 1967, and the Blue nine was added 30 years later. Being one of the older nines, the White Course has a more traditional layout with small, mostly flat greens and wide fairways lined with trees. It's not the most formidable round at Gilbertsville G.C. but it does have a few challenges in store. There are some tricky doglegs and while water may only come into play on two holes, one of these -- the par-5 second -- will leave a lasting impression with a carry over a lake and a meandering stream that edges the right side and then cuts in front of the green.

Gilbertsville Golf Club

Year Built 1967
Greens Winter Rye Grass

Very nice course

I enjoyed myself very much the course is great and I got hooked up with a older couple that were fun to play with

Holding up well

Except for a few spots in the fairways, the course is in good shape. Worth playing again this season.

Nice course for couples

My husband and I visit Gilbertsville golf 3 to 4 times per season. It’s a nice course for the ladies and also has some challenging holes for the men.

Needs work!

This was our first time and last time playing this course until they start to invest in it. Tees, greens and fairways were in very poor shape which was very disappointing because it has a nice layout and could be a nice place to play. There are much nicer courses in that area to play!

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hi, Vincent. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Gilbertsville Golf Course

We played Gilbertsville Golf Course and had a good day. The course was in good shape considering all the flooding they had this spring and summer. Jim Wagner the golf pro couldn't be any nicer! They have some long par 4's on the course.

Hard to judge this course, it was my first time and the area has been getting pounded with rain

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Good course

Course is in great shape but the cart path is another thing very rough and large holes everything else is good

All ways wet

The red and white courses are good the blue is not you take a chance what they are going to send you on being handy capped the blue is a killer

Great conditions

Returned to course after three years and immediately noticed the upgrades in conditions of the fairways and greens.Special attention was directed to fertilizing and maintaining the greens. Still need to improve the bunkers and fairway drainage issues.

Poor Conditions

Went to play golf with a buddy of mine from NJ. Met up in the middle. The guy that was working there was rude. He said something along the lines of "You'll have to wait because I am the only one here" as if that's my problem... If I had other options locally, I would choose that place to play at.

Commented on 06/17/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Gilbertsville Golf Club and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback in regard to the staff to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Not Till you Improve

I have played this course numerous times, roughly 60 rounds and is the closest course to my home, but now I cringe when anyone mentions Gilbertsville Golf Club. The course greens are usually good to great shape. That is all I have for the positive except the parking is ample too. The bad, oh boy. I have to say first I have BOOKED via golf now in I don't no how long. But the relative location is off of Swamp Pike, and that is how some fairways play very wet and consistently swampy. The cart paths are poor in the worst parts of the course, lower areas, and have not been improved for years. We don't play on the cart paths but it would be nice not have to ride through all the mud puddles most of the season, in the lousy conditioned carts you offer as well. The sand traps are the worst I have found on any course, but are consistent as well: hard pan, no sand inside them, always have the wash out appearance, and have water inside some ALL THE TIME. Let's face it, this course is overpriced for what you offer. Improvements need to be made before I'll be back or offer a recommendation to anyone I talk to about golfing there. The service in the club house is just average. Let me know when your improved

Commented on 06/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing White at Gilbertsville Golf Club.

Going downhill fast

A,ways enjoyed this course in the past, today was another story; checked in as a single using GolfNow and all he did was complain first about singles showing up to play, next the Ed for the course to stop using GolfNow and finally what was he going to do with me. I offered to join another group but he mumbled something and he left the register.

When I came back I after nine,the starter was no where to be found and since this course has 3 nines I needed to know which nine I was to play next.

Traps were atrocious, yes there was a significant amount of rain the night before, but, there was minimal sand and pipes were exposed on at least one trap.

Finally, the woman behind the counter totally ignored me when I wanted a food order, 6 yes 6 people came up to the counter and she took there order. I guess sitting there quietly was my problem.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Hello MULLYMAN, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilbertsville Golf Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was poor. We always strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon your time with us and hope that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hi there! We want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (610) 323-3222. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Man on phone

I stood at the counter for a couple minutes while the man behind was talking to his golfing buddy this no way to run a business

Good course

We were at the turn and the starter sent a very slow playing foursome in front of us we waited at every hole on the back 9

Very good. Course

Friendly staff good carts and a well cared for course will play it again

Old Country course

I had a lot of fun. I played with a guy from Pittsburgh We got done 18 in 2 hours 45 minutes

There was no bag drop, and no sign to signify that(yet, i was spoken to for pulling up to drop my bag as i do at the other 800 courses I've played.)

This does not make good business sense!!

The guys at the pro shop were friendly enough, and they gave a me a course map for free which was nice. The course played to my strengths. I played the red to the white, and shot well. It is wide open and EASY. Hardly any protection for the greens, and Wide lanes!!

I'd play there again!!

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Great find.

Fine round of golf for the money. Yes , the fairways were still a little soft and the ball did sometimes plug, and yes it was cold and windy and yes it was cart path only but with few golfers on the course it turned out to be a good day to be outside on this early spring day playing a round of golf with my wife.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020