Style Traditional
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Gilbertsville Golf Club in New Hanover Township is tucked away among the rolling hills of Montgomery County. The 27-hole public course is divided into three nines, called the Red, White, and Blue. The Red and White were the club's original 18 holes when it first opened in 1967, and the Blue nine was added 30 years later. Being one of the older nines, the White Course has a more traditional layout with small, mostly flat greens and wide fairways lined with trees. It's not the most formidable round at Gilbertsville G.C. but it does have a few challenges in store. There are some tricky doglegs and while water may only come into play on two holes, one of these -- the par-5 second -- will leave a lasting impression with a carry over a lake and a meandering stream that edges the right side and then cuts in front of the green.

Gilbertsville Golf Club

Year Built 1967
Greens Winter Rye Grass

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse

bunker says what?

Course is in great shape except the bunkers. Not that I like hitting in bunkers, but I don't mind hitting out of them. THESE BUNKERS NEED SAND! With all the rocks and stones in the bunkers in not about to ruin any of my clubs. They just need some sand and get roof mrid of the rocks/ stones.

Course is always a good play for the money. Play it at least once a year.

Quite impressed

Everything at this course is what you want. First of all 27 holes is excellent. Keeps everything moving and gives you different looks. Pace of play was great. My main man Ron the Ranger/cart guy went out before our round to see which direction would be best and he was right. I dont like that people complain about greens when people dont fix their divots. The greens were not terrible but it helps the grounds crew if you fix your divots.

Labor Day Special.

The course was in really good condition. The greens could’ve been tended to a bit more with the amount of ball marks around, but all in all pretty good. Had a 0700 tee time and staff didn’t arrive until 0650ish. No problem there, we hit off about 0705 or so. Red was the better shape of the 2, Blue had most of the marks on the greens. Don’t understand why White isn’t used more, I’m sure there’s a reason. Just over 3 hour round, met a decent golfer and had a round with my friend. And back home before 11:30, Happy Labor Day to me.

I had played Gilbertsville several weeks earlier, and came away worrying about the course surviving. I very happy to see the course reviving . The course was in very nice condition to day.

Excellent Value

Excellent condition and great layout. Started with red nine then blue. Greens were quick and tricky. Heads up for the fox on the blue nine around the 4th hole!!! Will definitely be back!

cart paths atrocious

We play this course quite frequently and the greens fees are quite reasonable. The course is fairly well maintained except for the cart paths. They are broken in pieces in many places with deep ruts making for an extremely bumpy ride.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Foxy poxy

Tees good, faiways nice, about 2/3 of greens good, other third had too many pock marks maybe from deer ravaging them. Only other issue was a Fox was annoying on #18. Apparently people have been feeding it and it was following us around like a dog.

Good course, bad day.

Rough was thick and inconsistent with clumps of shavings. Fairways were smooth and consistent. 50% of tee boxes had ONE tee marker per box, other 50% didn’t have markers at all. Course was in excellent condition in July - not sure what happened since then but it’s a bit of a disappointment.

Commented on 08/13/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Nice 27 hole course. Certainly a good value for your money.

The staff was friendly and the course was fun to play. Course condition was decent to good. There's a red fox that resides there, which made the experience more interesting. Would recommend this course due to its value and friendly staff.

Speed it up!!

They need someone to get out there and speed up the pace.Too many old hacks, new golfers, and little golf courtesy. Group in front of us seriously took 10 minutes to putt each hole.I could see it make sense had they been putting for birdies and pars, but these stiffs were lucky to be trying to break a 10 on each hole. GO TO THE PAR 3 COURSE DOWN THE ROAD!

This course is a great price and a great round for all player types.

Course was in great shape. Tee boxes could of been a little better but the course is public, don’t complain.

For staff friendliness everyone gets 5 stars except for the ranger on duty Saturday. He has a real attitude problem especially towards players who are playing their first round on the course.

Bogey's Review

A nice course at a fair price. Good course to walk. Condition of the course was good, especially considering the streak of hot weather.

OK but summer is taking its toll

All in all the round was pretty good. Like most public courses, however, the bunkers are a mess and the greens are really getting beat up. Way too many greens are all pock marked with unrepaired ball marks that are now dirt spots with no grass. We played on a 90 degree turn only from the car paths and there is quite a bit of chewed up paving on those paths. Due to the pandemic, we didn't really have a chance to use the clubhouse. Got a low greens fee through Golfnow, so we were willing to live with the rough edges.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Excellent round of golf!

Everything went very smoothly! Course conditions were above average and greens were consistent! Staff was very friendly and efficient! AllCOVID related guide lines were adhered to strictly!

Let people play what nines they want to play...

They sell Group Golfer certificates and then when you show up with them they talk under their breath about ANOTHER Group Golfer. They wouldn't allow us to play the White & Blue nines which is why we bought the certificates. White & Red are OK but the Blue nine from the black tees offers the challenges we wanted. We like to course but felt like we were outcasts.

Commented on 08/21/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Valid dates: Sep 01, 2020 - Feb 28, 2021