Style Traditional
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Located in New Hanover Township, Gilbertsville Golf Club is a 27-hole layout that sprawls across the rolling hills of Montgomery County. The holes are divided into three nines called the Red, White, and Blue. The club originally opened in 1967 with only the Red and White nines. The Blue Course wasn't added until 30 years later. The large gap between when the original 18 holes were built and when the final nine was added means that the club provides a taste of both modern and traditional golf. The Red Course features small greens that are mostly flat and generous fairways that are lined with trees. The golf course is forgiving enough for high handicappers and it's even gentle enough for beginners but there are strategically placed bunkers on almost every hole. The final hole features a large lake directly in front of the green.

Gilbertsville Golf Club

Year Built 1967
Greens Winter Rye Grass

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse

Nice 27 hole course. Certainly a good value for your money.

The staff was friendly and the course was fun to play. Course condition was decent to good. There's a red fox that resides there, which made the experience more interesting. Would recommend this course due to its value and friendly staff.

Speed it up!!

They need someone to get out there and speed up the pace.Too many old hacks, new golfers, and little golf courtesy. Group in front of us seriously took 10 minutes to putt each hole.I could see it make sense had they been putting for birdies and pars, but these stiffs were lucky to be trying to break a 10 on each hole. GO TO THE PAR 3 COURSE DOWN THE ROAD!

This course is a great price and a great round for all player types.

Course was in great shape. Tee boxes could of been a little better but the course is public, don’t complain.

For staff friendliness everyone gets 5 stars except for the ranger on duty Saturday. He has a real attitude problem especially towards players who are playing their first round on the course.

Bogey's Review

A nice course at a fair price. Good course to walk. Condition of the course was good, especially considering the streak of hot weather.

OK but summer is taking its toll

All in all the round was pretty good. Like most public courses, however, the bunkers are a mess and the greens are really getting beat up. Way too many greens are all pock marked with unrepaired ball marks that are now dirt spots with no grass. We played on a 90 degree turn only from the car paths and there is quite a bit of chewed up paving on those paths. Due to the pandemic, we didn't really have a chance to use the clubhouse. Got a low greens fee through Golfnow, so we were willing to live with the rough edges.

This course has reasonable prices.

It was a very playable course n u could easily walk on it.

Tee time inaccuracy

Hoping to get in as many holes as possible before sunset, I booked a 6:12 tee time on the Gilbertsville website for 18 holes $25.00.. When checking in I was informed that the most I could play was 9 holes for $20. I told the starter that I booked for 18 holes and there was no mention of a time limit of 8:15 when the carts have to be back.
The booking site is erroneous as it offered times up to 6:24PM. The starter said he had no control over what is posted on the website -rediculous!

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Great Course, But Not What I Expected

My booking was expected to be for the red and blue holes, but we were assigned to white and blue instead. Despite this change, my group had a good time and the course was lovely. The facilities are not expansive, but that can be forgiven with covid. The main disappointment was not being able to play in the sections of the course we paid for on the website, but we still had a good time.

Disappointing Final Product

The fairways were fine and the greens mostly okay, but all of the men's tee boxes were very dug up with barely any grass left. The cart paths are also very bad and driving the carts on most holes is very uncomfortable as a result. Also had some kids running around hitting balls in all directions and yelling and tackling each other on a neighboring hole. It is a cheap public course that has a lot of potential if it were managed better.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We would like to apologize for the poor experience you had with us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Beautiful Day

First time out since COVID-19 started. Perfect weather. Booked fro 2 and got to the course and Golf Now only had me for 1. Guy at the course took care of me and got my 2 some out on time. Course in good condition. Older course. Nothing too fancy, but very well kept. Greens are either front to back or back to front with a tough slope either way. Got through our round in 3:45. No rush.

Great course, Terrible management

It was my first time ever golfing and the management treated me and my friend very poorly. He cursed us out on the last whole because apparently I was taking to long. Mind you it was my first time golfing and he had to ruin it for me by calling us some extremely inappropriate names. The course is great but they need to have a training on how to be a decent human being.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Best Bang for Buck

There are plenty of public courses in the area but Gilbertsville always seems to have the best prices, especially if you use GolfNow. I played the Red / Blue and it's fairly open. It's a great course for golfers a little bit less experienced because it is not unbelievably long. If you want a relaxing round with a lot of birdie chances for a good price this can't be beat. I think a few holes get a little bit of water after rain but ulitmately the condition of the course is pretty good.

Great Value

Gilbertsville is a fantastic deal. We paid $25 and really enjoyed the course. The course was a litle wet and there were a few dead spots on fairways and greens but overall it was a great time.

like playing in a swamp

I have played here several times and they always sent us on red than blue and they are swampy so after today never again

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hi willlinda! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Golf in Feb

Course was wet following a day of rain, but very playable. played lift, clean, and place. Great Day.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania