Presidential at Hickory Valley Golf Club

There are two 18-hole courses available at the Hickory Valley Golf Club, the Presidential and the Ambassador. The Presidential is the flagship course and it is also the longer and tougher of the two. The layout incorporates nine of the club's original 27 holes. The Presidential is nearly 300 yards longer than its sister course at 6,721 yards from the championship tees. The golf course has a nice balance of player-friendly features and challenging hazards. The wide fairways are quite forgiving, while the large, undulating greens are framed with bunkers. The signature hole is the par-4 second, which gently doglegs right, requiring a long and accurate tee shot. You're not out of trouble yet though, you'll still have to face the heavily bunkered green that also has a pond to the right.
Scorecard for Presidential
Black M: 72.6/136 353 412 370 538 162 488 165 413 379 3280 444 201 376 455 536 123 484 474 348 3441 6721
White M: 70.6/132 340 387 354 521 137 465 141 390 362 3097 428 188 362 369 528 112 420 451 335 3193 6290
Gold M: 67.7/118 314 358 314 494 118 430 111 368 321 2828 399 135 308 309 470 103 393 420 248 2785 5613
Red W: 70.9/125 301 341 299 471 80 410 108 314 294 2618 366 135 303 307 460 97 357 378 248 2651 5269

Year Built 1996
Architect Ron Prichard

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 30

Philly Advisor

Decent course

I played the round alone which surprised me be ause of how popular the course is in this area. Course was in good shape this rainy spring season. The greens rolled well, which I always watch for. The layout is average. Some interesting parts, some less so. Staff was really friendly and polite. It’s worth trying out. I play the course once or twice a year, and each time I go away happy to have played but for reasons I can’t put my finger on, not excited and not replaying the round in my head, which happens when I get a kick out of a course. But that’s me, as it has a lot of regular fans.

Presidential review

Booked the Ambassador through GolfNow, only to be told it was a mistake by the staff. Also told they would not be using GolfNow furthermore. Was directed to the Presidential which in my opinion is the nicer of the two courses. I have always enjoyed Hickory Valley , and hopefully they will be back on GolfNow soon.

Interesting course Friendly Staff

Played the Presidential course, excellent condition tees to greens pace was good and no problems having an enjoyable round at my own pace. I would recommend this course for all the right reasons.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 11/28/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback, zacharyhoward123. We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Hickory Valley Golf Club!

All things considered...

We liked the course but were a little disappointed about them not telling us about the prep work going on for an event the next day - concentric circled hoses on one green and a port-a-pot surrounded by tiki torches on the 18th green??? I kid you not, sounds like I'm making this up but I'm not. But I'm not really complaining. It wasn't the best weather day; off season has pretty much started, the course was wet (cart path only) so we just took it in stride. Plus we got a super deal on GolfNow so that's just how it goes. But the course is nice, not overly long but some tough doglegs make you think about your shots. I'll go back.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 11/14/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, pgmaher. We apologize about the prep work that was going on for the event following your round. This was a one off situation and we hope this does't deter your from returning for another round. Thanks for playing Hickory Valley Golf Club!

Decent layout and conditions

Decent layout and good conditions. Got a good deal on Golfnow.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 11/08/2017:
Thanks for the great review, Changtsc. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you got a great deal on GolfNow. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with any specials we're running at the course. Thanks for playing Hickory Valley Golf Club!
Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/30/2017:
Thanks for the 4-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

not your smash and grab

i love this course.

it's not simply a "smash a driver and hit a wedge" place, but a course where you can use a variety of clubs. there are times when you need to be precise, and others when you have room for error.

i wouldn't recommend it for a beginner, a moderate player will enjoy as will someone with more skill yet.

i've never known it to be in poor condition, and the people i've met while playing have always been friendly.

it's a little bit of a drive for me (no pun intended), but one that i gladly make.

if you want an easier go of things, play the sister course, the Ambassador, which is the other 18 of the 36 holes offered at Hickory Valley.

small downside - the range is small and has poor mats, with lousy, used balls. so you can warm up, but you won't spend too much time on it.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/26/2017:
Thanks for the detailed review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout of the course and your round with us overall. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.
Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/23/2017:
Thanks for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

Presidential

I had played the ambassador course a year or two ago and it was a very forgettable course with no holes that really stuck out. This was my first time on the presidential and I enjoyed it. Loved the course layout with the ponds and creeks playing a factor in a lot of the holes on the front 9 and the last few on the back. It had rained a good amount the days leading up to my round so the greens were very wet and most balls plugged. Greens were also very slow as a result. Felt like I was in a tunnel on some holes with trees surround the fairways. Would love to get back here in the summer when the course dry.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/18/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We'r glad to hear you had an enjoyable round, despite the wet course conditions. We're looking forward to your next round with us! Thanks for playing.

Course in good shape, but slow play

Ambassador course is in good shape. Fairways and greens are looking good after a long summer. Needed a marshal on the course to speed up play, as it was a 4 1/2 hour round.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/12/2017:
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for another round.
Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/25/2017:
Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon.
Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/25/2017:
Thanks for the 5-star review! We hope to see you again soon!
Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/12/2017:
Thanks for the kind words, John! We're looking forward to your next round with us.

Lack of organization

Booked as a single on golf now to play with a threesome. There was no starter so I was on my own. Never did see a threesome to play with, actually for about 25 minutes no one went off the first tee. Finally 2 guys went off about 10 minutes before me. They only had one bag; fortunately for me it appeared they ran out of golf balls on the 7th hole and they went to their car; allowing me to play the rest of the round unimpeded.

Course had just been aerated and greens were impossible to read and put.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/21/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your patience as our greens heal from aeration. We hope to see you again soon for another round!

One of my favorites

A country club it's not, but if you're looking for a challenging, well maintained golf course with friendly courteous staff members this is the place. Many fairways are tree lined so tee shots are crucial. Large undulating greens can be fast but not extreme. Either course is well worth the money. There are deals on line if you look around. We play here three or four times a year and always 4 1/2 hours or less.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/21/2017:
Thanks for the kind words, Steve9650471! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/19/2017:
Thanks for the 4-star review! We hope to see you again soon!

Hidden gen

This is a great course. The bunkers, fairways and greens are in great condition. It's a little off the beaten path, but worth the drive.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/14/2017:
Thanks for the review. We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable around and appreciate you choosing Hickory Valley.

Overbook much?

I feel like this place is notorious for overbooking in the summer, but this past weekend was different in that they overbooked and they had an outing going on. They told us it was cart path only - no clue why as we didn't get any rain the whole week. Cart girl was nice, but after the 3rd hole I didn't see her until hole 16; so that kind of sucked too. Probably won't be coming back here again anytime soon.

Labor Day

it was understandably busy due to the holiday, but it was completely overbooked and the pace of play was not monitored at all. We didnt tee off until 35 minutes after our booked tee time and pace of play never picked up. The group in front of us was very disrespectful and did not take other golfers into consideration throughout the day. It would have been nice to see rangers throughout the course to keep pace of play at bay. It took over 6 hours to get through the round of 18. Although my first few experiences at Hickory Valley prior to this were above average, this experience may deter me from ever coming back.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/09/2017:
Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear the pace of play wasn't up to par during the busy holiday. We hope this doesn't deter you from coming back for another round. Thanks for playing!

Labor Day

I over heard the starter say they had over 300 greens fee and that was at noon. We got off on time but it was a good 5 + hours later that we finished. One of our foursome left at the 13th. The course was very wet (cart path only) making play even slower. The greens were very receptive but slow. Traps were much better then any of the golf now courses I've played. I had a good round playing with a father and son. I would recommend.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/08/2017:
Hi Francis9778378, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and are sorry to hear the pace of play and course conditions weren't up to par when you played. We hope you consider giving us another shot soon. Thanks for choosing Hickory Valley!
4.2190117647