Macoby Run Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Architerra, P. C.

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Bar, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Pat

Course in overall pretty good shape, seemed like green speeds little inconsistent, for most part no complaints. Did it in 3 hours as 3some with 2some in front. Were fine until last 2 holes with thunderstorms impending but got it done without getting drenched. 4 stars for sure.

Terrible Pace

11:04 tee time. Started 10 minutes late. 3 group back up after the 2nd hole. Called pro shop and they stated “we are busy (remind you 12 minute tee times) but it should clear up after the 3rd. We will send the ranger.” Saw the ranger and he didn’t even drive passed us and up to see the delay. We are now stuck behind 3 groups again on the 9th tee. It’s taken us 3 hours to play 8 holes. Don’t play unless you enjoy terrible pace.

Awesome course

Staff always very friendly. Course very well maintained, Always a fun relaxing time.

Good Value

The course was is good condition with a fair number of challenging holes. The course was making improvements during this time. The course was a good value in a nice setting.

Modest local course

Rolling hills with a farmland feel.
Front 9 has an interesting layout while the back 9 is more back n forth.
Fairways in good shape. Greens need a cut and roll to be good. Currently quite slow.
Open course, forgiving, very few bunkers.
Driving range is nice amenity.
Good local course but not really worth a drive or special trip to play.

5 1/2 hour round

Decent course but 8 minute tee times made for miserable experience. Some tees would have 3 groups waiting to tee off. Not worth going back to

Challenging course

Fairways and greens were in great shape. Awesome layout and views of valley. Enjoyed the course a lot and will be back!

Montgomery County Golfer

The course was in good condition and well maintained. The greens rolled tight and smooth. Good value for a course with nice views.

Greens were tough to read

Course was in great shape. Fairways rough and greens were in great shape only issue was the foam in the holes I felt as they were to close to the surface of the greens. Wish they were an inch lower. Missed some birdie putts do to my ball hitting the foam and round back out of the cup. Wish they would have spread the tee times out a little more we were on top of each group. Course play time was about 5 1/2 hours.

Hole in one

I enjoyed my experience here at McCoby run golf course yesterday. The staff was friendly and professional. I had the opportunity to play with two other gentlemen and they witness my hole in one. (First time) What a great feeling and I can get that monkey off my back and bucket list. The conditions were good considering the large amount of rain that fell the day before. The rates were reasonable and worth the 40 minute drive. Keep up the good work. Thx.

Course was in excellent condition. I found the greens to be equal to the best greens I have played. They were very fast but the ball rolled true. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Challenging

First time at Macoby Run. Since it was during covid-19, a holiday, and great weather, it was crowded which meant waiting at almost every hole. This was to be expected.
Course was long, and challenging. Rolling greens. Fairways made you pay for any mistakes. There were quite a few interesting holes. I liked the course and will return.

Course was in great shape!

Really enjoyed the conditions. Fun course and great value foe this area.

Golf

Always a tough course. Course in good shape. Greens were firm and fast.
Course was packed and that’s fine except the group ahead did not know pace of place-etiquette and were looking for balls that were clearly out of bounds left and right and the green was clear multiple times. Waited constantly. The group behind us hit-into our group on the green. The course has blind spots however...do your diligence as a golfer. Maybe install a bell for blind shot-spots? NOT the course staffs fault. Get 2 Marshalls, one for the front 9 and one for the back 9. Ready golf...sick of 3 guys looking for 1 guys ball OB, when the other 3 guys are on the green or fringe.

Good Course

The course was challenging but not too difficult. I booked at twosome through golf now for Saturday but I thought I was booking for Sunday. The club house manager squeezed us in so the pace was a little slow due to my mix up. I would definitely play here again.

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT

Course is not a horribly maintained track but ownership could careless about the fairways at all. Was my first time playing at this course and it will for sure be my last. Got out on a 4:48pm tee time and first the guys in front were terrible and did not know how to keep a pace of play. Now at this point its starting to get dark so we decided our last hole would be #15. Once we finish the hole we started to head back and there was a road that went straight and a small path to the left. We decided to go straight which ended up being a dead end, but there was a small path leading through tall grass to the cart path on the left. At this point, the OWNER is flying down the fairway in her ford explorer laying on the horn and coming up very close to us which is ridiculous during the pandemic. She then screams at us to head back and follows us within a one car distance all the way back to the parking lot. Absolutely terrible ownership and why would you be driving your car all over the course??? Such a stupid idea in my opinion, safe to say I will never go there again.

Great golf course

Conditions were absolutely perfect and the layout of this course is excellent. This course is not a pushover so if you are a novice go elsewhere. It is not overly long but has tricky greens and tuff routing of the holes. and that just makes it all more fun. It is a family run golf course and all the people that are there are very very nice!!
P. S. we all miss Floyd

Quarantined Too Slow

Didn’t feel like the tee times were 15 minutes apart. Too many slow people on the course. Took well over 5 hours to play 18 which is insane. Played here many times but I don’t think I will be back. I think a lot of people who never golfed are out playing since nothing is open. They should really take up fishing. Can’t wait for things to open up, so the non-golfers will be elsewhere. Also rates are high to play now and to wait on every hole is ridiculous. This was my 5th time out since the courses opened and definitely my longest round. They should have a ranger out there getting people to move. If you double par pick up your ball and move on. If people are on the tee box don’t spend 15 minutes looking for your ball. Where’s the ready golf? Also I paid online and probably on Mother’s Day they advertised mother’s play free except cart fee. Well if I played for free I wouldn’t feel as bad. Very disappointed.

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania