Type Public/Municipal
Dauphin Highlands Golf Course

Year Built 1995
Architect Bill Love (1995) Brian Ault (1995)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Collared shirts are preferred; tank tops or cut-offs will not be accepted.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Land mines abound

This is not on the course but the patrons instead. Every single green was filled with land mines (not fixed ball marks)! It was horrendous!
I fixed five of them within four feet of my ball and the other guys in our group did at least 2-3 each on our part of the green within a 15 foot radius of the flag on the first hole. This course needs a Marshall out more for a number of reasons.
We did not ourselves play as fast as I would have preferred and any round here that does not take 5 hours plus to play feels like a miracle as they tend to overbook.
They have some new sand out in some of the bunkers on a few holes and I hope they get more new sand in to do it right after cleaning up the base sand layers first. It would really go a long way to improving conditions here green side.
It was not windy there for once and the day had exceptional weather overall. There are some tarps in parts of tees and one whole par 5 green is temporary and I cannot say that I am sad to see that green re-imagined.
The fairways were in good shape and their needs to be divot mix put out to fix divots so that seemed behind for how nice the weather has consistently been this off season. Aside from the ball marks, the greens do not roll consistently there and it is early.

This course was in great shape with outstanding fairways and greens that held approach shots. The people in the pro shop were very accommodating and made our group feel like they appreciated our business. Definitely plan to return even though it's a 1 1/2 hour drive from home.

Winter golf at Dauphin Highlands

Great fun playing a round at the end of December with sun and 55 degrees. DH was in good shape considering it is almost January. The course has a great layout with a few interesting greens. I’m not from the area and as a result I only drive down to DH when it’s colder in my part of PA. I need to see this course in the summer, I’m sure it’s wonderful! I highly recommend.

The greens were in great shape. The grass was mowed so you could see the top of ball . That is great for keeping the pace of play moving

Nice courae

Nice public course, love the different while layouts. Pace if place us horrible!

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review. Pace of play is very important to us and something that we are continually communicating to our guests. We do our best to have marshals keeping groups moving on our busy days. We appreciate your patience. Looking forward to having you back.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review. We take your feedback seriously and can't wait to have you back at Dauphin Highlands again soon.

Course has a great layout. We played at the end of the day so greens were beat up and a lot of players aren't repairing their ball marks.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon. Have a great day!

This course is always enjoyable. Feels big, open, nice variety of hole layouts. Was in good to great condition July 2019

Commented on 08/20/2019

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review! Our maintenance team does an amazing job and we're glad that you think so too. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back again soon.

Nice track

The course gets lots of play, and can be slow at times. The greens are in fair condition, but the course has a great layout. One of the better courses in this area for sure.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback about pace of play and make it a priority to keep our golfers moving at a good pace. We're glad that you enjoyed our course and conditions. Hope to see you back soon.

Had a 6:08 am tee time was done in 3hrs this was my first time playing the course staff stopped and greated us very friendly. Can't wait to go back

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you for your review! We can't wait to have you back too!

Dauphin Highlands

Had my first perfect card of the season, no bogeys. I shot 68 and could have been much beeter. The greens overall were good but some were bumpy and they were a little slower than I like. Fairways were in great shape. Definately need to keep it in play on this golf course.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Congratulations on your low round- such a great score here at Dauphin! Thanks for your honest feedback about the greens. Our agronomy team is working hard to keep the entire course in good shape. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Perhaps for an even lower round!

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thanks for your 4 star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and hope to see you back again soon.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thanks for your review, Herbert! We appreciate the 5 star review. Come back and see us again soon.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Unpleasantly Surprised

I have played this course multiple times each season since moving here 3 years ago. IT IS IN THE WORSE CONDITION I HAVE EVER SEEN IT IN.

They have two temp greens that should be rectified in a week. But that is not why the poor rating. No one green, of the remaining 16 greens were the same in terms of readiness. In fact, one of the temp greens were actually better than 4 of the permanent greens. Cart path only on the entire course was not warranted. But to be fair, 3-4 of the holes for cart path only was wise. While traps were raked the great majority of which were not playable due to standing water and/or insufficient sanding.

The price should have been 1/2 of the $40 fee. To be sure, HIGHLY recommend you give it a month before considering to play. And ask if it is cart path only, because it is so hilly, you are easily looking at 5 hour round. It takes time to walk up and down and over to your ball from the cart path.

While very disappointed in the condition, the staff was solid. The poor condition of the course should not reflect the fine staff that you will interact with.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thanks for your review. We greatly value your feedback and apologize you had a poor experience. We are working hard to improve the customer experience and appreciate your patience. If you would like to continue this conversation, please feel free to reach out to us at info@golfdauphinhighlands.com.

Played spring conditions - two greens were under repair. Nice track staff friendly. Would definitely play again. Things I didn’t like: should have N area on the range from grass not mats. Should be bells on the holes where the players in front in a ravine can let those behind know they are clear.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thanks for your review. We are so glad our staff met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Early Season Conditions

Early season conditions make the course barely playable. Normally the course is in good shape but not today. The two back 5 holes have temporary greens. Speaking of the greens, they have spots of lengthy grass mixed with no growth. Getting true roll, especially on short, slow struck putts were not going to happen. Some of the sand traps showed evidence of water running through the bunkers with no attempt to fix them. Worse, the traps didn't even have rakes surrounding them. Understandably there was no drinking water on the course most likely due to freezing temps in the mornings. No port-a-potties (whatever they are called) either.

We got behind a 3-some who literally walk up and down fairway2 a number of times, at a very slow pace. I must have waited a full 15 minutes before I could hit one shot. I had thought that they may have let us pass them (short hole 4 par 3) but that courtesy never was granted. So we passed them a couple of holes later, after tired of waiting on each shot.

Early season golf is for practice for the spring gets in full bloom.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thanks for your review, we didn't forget about this. We appreciate your patience and apologize that our conditions were anything less than stellar. We are working hard to improve the customer experience and hope to see you again soon.

New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.