Dauphin Highlands Golf Course

Dauphin Highlands Golf Course
Scorecard for Dauphin Highlands Golf Course
Black M: 73.2/135 429 330 458 172 534 398 570 237 446 3574 366 425 541 440 392 204 580 196 403 3547 7121
Blue M: 71.9/130 401 288 426 152 507 372 557 222 428 3353 344 412 520 421 375 188 565 188 390 3403 6756
White M: 69.8/126 W: 75.5/134 381 269 421 132 480 346 500 200 410 3139 330 374 501 403 352 165 525 172 365 3187 6326
Gold M: 66.2/118 W: 70.8/126 360 257 375 119 425 285 455 146 348 2770 316 325 465 329 273 148 469 155 312 2792 5562
Red W: 69.9/125 353 212 366 88 419 279 448 140 343 2648 287 315 401 324 268 145 464 152 306 2662 5310

Year Built 1995
Architect Bill Love (1995)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Collared shirts are preferred; tank tops or cut-offs will not be accepted.

Never again

Pace of play was terrible, took over 5 hours to play, and course did NOTHING! 5 greens unplayable. 2 more close to that. I've played nicer $20 munies.

Great course.

It is a great course. Quite long and challenging. A perfect course to take your friends and have a great time

nice layout....great value

This is second time we played this course. Prob one of the best around Harrisburg area for the money.

i meet a friend who lives in ne pa and im from sw pa. we pick areas between us. this time it was Harrisburg area.

Only reason i did not give 5 stars is several greens were damaged from flooding. it rained like crazy there in previous weeks. not much one can do. its been a wet season for everyone.

Great course out in the country but near city

large fairways, huge greens one of best courses i played even compared to Myrtle and Orlando courses i played this year

Greens are terrible

The greens were areated and full of sound. The round was overpriced. They should have told us the condition ofbhyd greens. I wasted my money.

Above average public course

I play this course once per year when visiting my wife's family, as it's within 20 minutes of their house. It's a pretty good layout, and with tips over 7,200 yards it could be as tough as you want it to be. I've never had an issue with pace of play here, and i generally always play it on a Saturday morning. The only knock I'd give it from a playability standpoint is the greens are a little slow for my liking, and some of them are in worse shape than others, but I rationalize this as it's a public course that gets a ton of play. I paid $60 this last time I played, which is just on the cusp of being a little too much for a good public course. All told, I think it's a must play in the Harrisburg area, and it's in a convenient location.

Definitely worth the time to visit

Chose to play this course after looking through the Golf Now reviews on area courses. Course was in excellent shape with interesting hole layouts. Wide open fairways and elevated greens. Bunkers were in excellent condition as well. Will definitively come back and play again.

Best Value Out There

Dauphin Highlands is the best value for a golf course out there. Forget any of the reviews that claim the conditions are bad, because every time I play here, the conditions are absolutely fantastic and have been for the last couple years. Only bad thing about the course is the amount of league play (which is almost every day) which leads to an incredibly slow round of golf most of the time. Overall a fantastic golf course that is well worth the money.

Delay

We had an hour delay in the afternoon due to a morning frost delay. We made our tee time early enough to get all 18 in but with the delay were only able to get 9 in. Had to pay for 18 holes and because of the courses delay were not even given a refund for the remaining 9 holes. Employees are just there to collect your money... except for the starter, Jimmy.... great guy!!

Great Course!!!

Great overall conditions. Well kept tees and fairways. Fast greens.

One of our favorite courses!

Very very slow pace of play for a Tues afternoon in Mid -Oct. Could've used a ranger or 2.

Staff treatment is wonderful, but the greens were horribly bumpy and slow-slow, which made for a disappointing time.

wonderful course, very challenging with a nice pace of play. Enjoyed it very much

From the tees, beautiful fairways and looking good. Then you get to the greens. Not the same quality as fairways, some rough destroyed sections. They play good, when no deformities are in your way.

For our first time there everything was solid. Then, near our finish the locals had no problem approaching us to complain. By no means were we blazing through our round, but well within the recommended time. It was very off putting. Other than this factor, I highly recommend this course. But beware, keep your play fast.

Busy on this unseasonably warm day

Pace of play was very slow but not unexpected considering how busy it was. Greens were in rough shape: aerated without warning, sandy and very long/slow. Rest of the course was in good condition considering the time of year and recent weather changes. They had us play the back 9 first and most people did not seem to be adhering to the 90 degree cart rule. As an added perk, they have a very nice selection of draft and canned beers.

I was impressed

I played Dauphin Highlands for the first time on a beautiful January afternoon. With that said, my review is rather relative given the time of year I played.

Since nearly all of the courses were still closed in the Scranton area I made the 2-2.5 hour drive to Harrisburg to play DH. It was certainly worth the trek down for some winter golf. The course overall was in very good shape. The greens were a little shaky but they were all puttable which was good enough to for me in mid-Janaury. The bunkers were in above average condition for this time of year. They all had rakes if you did end up bad spot that needed to be fixed before playing your shot (winter rules!). The fairways and tee boxes were all in great shape for this time of year.

Since I was a single I got paired up with 3 other guys. They were playing from the whites and I followed suite. Had I'd been by myself I would have picked the blues. Having not played in several weeks nor ever played the course the whites ended up being perfectly fine. I shot a rusty but pretty clean 84.The teeth of the course are the par 3's. I took 4's and each of them and never hit a "bad" shot. I thought the par 5's were also tricky. #16 was tough without having leaves on the trees. In the summer that has to be brutal hole. Club selection on your second shot is key.

Overall the course plays over rolling terrain with modestly tree lined fairways. The greens have quite a bit of undulation and slope. I can see them being quite tricky when they're being maintained. The back 9 is heavily influenced by a ravine that runs across several holes. The staff was more than friendly and the pro shop and bar seemed well kept and well stocked.

New Cumberland, Pennsylvania