Split Rock Resort & Golf Club - North Course

Split Rock Resort & Golf Club is nestled in the western region of the Pocono Mountains along the banks of Lake Harmony. The club has 27 holes of championship golf as well as an 18-hole miniature golf course for the kids. Split Rock's North Course is an 18-hole layout that is supplemented by the South nine, which can be combined with either the front or back nine of the North. Stretching to 7,150 yards from the tips, the North Course offers plenty of room with several holes that will appeal to long hitters. Mature trees line the fairways and strategically placed bunkers surround the greens on every hole. Water hazards make an appearance on only four holes but they are memorable ones, especially par-5 fifth where golfers have to contend with not one but two lakes.
Split Rock Resort & Golf Club
Black 72 7150 yards
Blue 72 6754 yards
White 72 6371 yards
Yellow 72 5667 yards
Red 72 5051 yards
Scorecard for North
Black M: 76.4/146 511 381 200 446 546 475 172 406 342 3479 446 582 378 216 597 413 202 402 435 3671 7150
Blue M: 73.2/138 476 351 175 416 514 454 145 382 311 3224 430 555 370 209 580 390 190 391 415 3530 6754
White M: 72.1/123 437 299 175 400 491 437 135 359 269 3002 402 548 358 180 575 368 189 369 380 3369 6371
Yellow M: 69.4/122 406 289 139 373 447 423 110 335 233 2755 355 498 333 125 430 332 170 340 329 2912 5667
Red W: 70.6/119 365 266 123 338 410 363 88 301 208 2462 310 426 300 100 405 300 160 310 278 2589 5051

Year Built 2002
Architect Bob Sterrett

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

North course

Foggy misty start on a Tuesday

Cart path only

Greens in good shape

Fairways mostly soggy and very wet

Still able to play an enjoyable round

Must be a great course when things dry oit

good challenge

The course was a good challenge, but was very wet. Cart path only makes for a long day.

Challenging course. Good condition for recent weather issues. Enjoyed the outing very much.

Tough rough

Even after several days of heavy the course (except for the bunkers) was in great condition. Rough was very thick, probably due to not being able to mow. Lost (and found) several balls in the rough that should have been easy to locate if the rough was the correct height. Definitely will play there again.

Perfect mid afternoon

I’ve golfed here a few times but this was the best nobody around at 3 finished with a - bogey round and had a great dinner at sunset grill can’t wait to do it again.Katherine the bar tender so nice,her dad we’ll ....

Amazing

This is one of the best, but one of the most challenging courses I have ever played. It is very well kept. Greens and fairways were in great shape. The food at the restaurant/club house was absolutely delicious. Staff was very nice. We liked it so much we booked another tee time for 2 days from after we just played.

Beautiful scenery

I loved the course and views from the different holes. For me personally, the course was a little too difficult. I don't hit the ball very far and there were several holes where you needed to clear obstacles in one shot. The fairways were narrow and the first cut put you into some heavy grass. Needless to say, I went through a lot of golf balls, but we still had fun.

Don’t play!

We agreed to play for $32 each and found when we got to the course we had to play the South course (nine holes twice). I tried to exchange for the North but was denied. No one was playing either course which enabled us to finish the round in less than 3 hours. The fellow was very unaccomodating and the course was not in decent shape. With a timeshare we were going to play multiple times. The girl giving out carts was pleasant though.

Splitrockgolfclub
Commented On 06/15/2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience..

You did purchase a HOT DEAL which is a discounted tee time sold by GOLF NOW, not our course. The HOT DEAL does state it is for the south 9 hole course to play twice. GOLF NOW keeps all revenue from the HOT DEAL therefore it is not exchangeable through us only GOLF NOW.

All other times are for the north course and we do have daily specials posted on our website.

Can’t keep up with the rain.

The course was like playing in a cow pasture.

Lost balls in the middle of the fairway due to gigantic clumps of mowed grass.

They should not have charged full price knowing full on the conditions.

Great Lay out

We happened to play on a very busy day early in season, course fairways awesome greens awesome, staff incredibly friendly, bunkers were bad was only complaint but it was early in season.

Nice layout

Good shape, greens a little slow but nice layout, challenging holes

Unhappy

Made reservations for split rock that we had played before on golf now for 18 holes and cart. When we got there we were were told we had play the 9 hole course 2 times. That’s not what we had signed up for. It did not look busy or that they had anything going on . We told the man at the desk that we thought we were playing the 18 hole course that we had played before and would like to play that course. The man said he could not let us do that. So we played the 9 hole course that was not a very good course and did not enjoy that course.

Splitrockgolfclub
Commented On 10/15/2017

I am sorry you were unhappy with your HOT DEAL purchase.

The HOT DEAL is for the south 9 hole course to play twice.

Golf Now owns and sells that tee time we do not.

It does state in the tee time notes and on your confirmation email that you purchased a 18 hole round to play the south course twice.

If you would like to play the North 18 hole course please checkout the other tee times and specials listed.

split rock

have played a few times but not in years.course conditions awesome view spectacular and pace of play excellent. ..will be back in time for change of fall color..

South course is shoddy compared to the North

Booked a Hot Deal to play w/ my oldest son. I did not realize that we were limited to only playing the South course (9 holes) twice. Was very disappointed about that. The last time I played the course was in a charity outing about 6 weeks ago on the North course. That round was fabulous. I will not bother with Hot Deals at this course anymore. There are much better options available in the area.

Split Rock rocks!

I play many of the public courses in the Pocono Mountains and I must say this is one of the most challenging layouts. It is a hilly terrain with some doglegs, uphill and downhill holes. there are several wetlands throughout and an average amount of sand traps. The fairways are a nice width but veer off right or left and you are in the woods with no shot out. The greens are always in nice shape but not very fast. It's a tricky course but not quirky, and no two holes are the same. It's fun to play and a good test.

Outstanding

All aspects of this course are just outstanding and excellent. White tees at 6,300 yards a bit tough for a 20 handicap, however yellow tees were perfect to make round fun. Interesting course layout, with good iron play rewarded. Worth your time and money!

Awesome course

One of the most beautiful courses I've ever played,

Awesome course

This is my first written review and I will submit more in the future. I felt compelled to send this write-up because of how truly great I think this course is. I have played many courses (probably over 50 including many Private clubs) in PA and this is probably in my top 3. During this round I paid for my friends greens fee as he has taken me to his Private club several times. My buddy, a lifetime golfer also, commented that Split Rock was in phenomenal shape and played well. Since it was my buddies first time on the course we played from the whites. Unlike many courses, there is significant changes in the course difficulty between the tee boxes (not just length). The course wanders through the Pocono mountain and my understanding is that over the 18 holes there is a 500 ft. vertical difference. I could drone on but would highly recommend the course

Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania