A view of hole #5 at Charles T. Myers Golf Course.

Charles T. Myers Golf Course

Year Built 1986
Architect Bill Love (1986)

Carts Yes - $9.50

Snacks

SLOW

Slowest round of golf in history and no one to even regulate the pace

Good value muni course

Good value at this course. Condition is so much better than Harry Jones, which is managed by the same company... so I don't know why this course is really pretty solid, and that one sucks so much these days. The greens here at CTM were pretty solid - green...which is always a good start, and they were a nice speed for the average golfer I think. Not slow but not fast where they'll frustrate more novice players. Layout is pretty nice, several nice looking holes. Fair rate to ride 18 too. I'd say this is pretty similar quality and value to Sifford, but Sifford is a 9 hole course and this is 18, so depends what you're looking for, but these two (CTM and Sifford) blow the other muni courses out of the water.

Great Conditions

Friendly staff and a great course to get together with your group for a fun day of golf. Priced fairly

Backed up

Very backed up due to overbooking. Great course, old carts. Great condition.

Fun course

This is one of the more fun courses in the area. Fairways and greens are in great shape, tee boxes and cart paths are okay but could be worse. The course is very wide open, so errant tee shots can usually be found. There is a good mixture of challenging and easier holes.

Great Value!

This is a very good course for golfers who are new to the game. They have excellent training facilties, a friendly staff and the course is layout is well suited for people learning to play.yet still offers some great challenges for more experienced golfers.

Haven’t played this track in 4-5 years and it has made huge improvements. Fairways wide open and greens were firm and true. Great layout and decent pace of play. Definitely a hidden gem right outside of Charlotte and a great bang for your buck.

Overall, the good conditions were great. The greens were actually green, and not scattered with dirt / dry spots. Fairways were in great shape.

Charlotte Advisor

Charles T. Myers Golf Course

First time out to C.T. Myers . in about 4 years, and I wasn't disappointed. It was my first time playing their new greens and they were in phenomenal shape. Most of the rest of the course was similarly good. The back nine was nearly perfect as far as conditions go. The front 9 was very good, just not quite as nice as the back nine. Not a complaint, but just an observation. The greens rolled true and there weren't many ball marks to be found. Fairways were good with only isolated issues. Teeboxes were lush. Bunkers had a good amount of sand in them. The wide fairways and lack of rough make this a great course for all skill levels. Fairway bunkers are shallow and allow ease of escape. Greenside bunkers are much more challenging, as is the rough surrounding the greens. Pace of play was OK. Our twosome motored around the back nine (went off 10 first), but caught up to groups on #3 and it was hit and wait from that point forward. Cart fleet is showing its age, but are decent enough. Practice areas were well maintained. Staff was friendly and courteous. Course is taking COVID precautions seriously and encourages online payment and check-in.

Nice track

me and my son went to play a fun round. It was during the heavy cv scare.(not for me) and we had to pay with card only, and the guy handed us the cart key with a 7 foot pole with a basket on the end of it. Lol we had a slow group of walkers in front of us and an impatient group of teen walkers behind us who hit up on us quite a few times until I yelled back while waiting to hit my approach shot because the group in front of was on the green that I would knock his ball in the water if he did. Back to the wnd hole, where my son, a novice pretty much, sailed his tee shot far right into the 1st fairway. He hit a 2nd tee ball and it followed the 1st. We proceeded to go after them when a guy from the group of 4 that just teed off rode up and tried to tell us that we need to move along and not hit 2 balls. My son hit one extra off of 2 and this guy has the nerve to us how to play. They weren't waiting on us mind you. So I told him, we paid for our round just like him and he got furious and started cursing and stepped from his cart like he was gonna do something, so I told him to go on up his fairway and get out of my face if he knew what was good for him. He reluctantly did just that. After we cooled down from this idiotic useless confrontation we suffered with the kids behind but a the while trying to enjoy our round. The course has a very nice layout. Somewhat easy and short, but challenging enough for a fun father son day out. The greens were in great shape and rolled smoothly with lots of undulations. Some of the views from this course are pretty amazing as it sits up high in the area. Subtract se knuckleheads and this would have been a great day. But such is life, yes?

7.5 out of 10

-Layout is fun and natural.
-Staff is great and pandemic safe/ wise/ mindful
-Greens = 7.5 out of 10
-No yardage markers on Par 3's
-Bunkers are reasonable
-Lot of tight lies and challenging

Commented on 04/10/2020

Thank you for your review of Charles T. Myers! We appreciate the feedback as we are always striving to provide the best experience possible.

Packing em in

Way too many people off the tee and with difficult greens and almost comical pin locations at times, it just adds to the length of round.

Golf on a hot day

I took my son in law out. He picked the course and it couldn't have been a better day. Probably couldn't have been a hotter or more humid day. The Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in excellent condition. There was a lot of rain yesterday and the course was not wet. Greens were very fast and true. One of best golf outings in recent memory. We got a hot deal which made it even better. Thank you!!

Fast Greens

Course looked great and the greens are super fast!!!

Commented on 07/29/2020

Glad you had a great time!

Can’t beat the price

Fun course! Most fairways are wide open! But beware of the greens they are tough!! I have played here multiple times and the Course/greens are always in great shape but very fast and the hole position can be tricky but a very fun course!!!! (15 handicap)

Commented on 07/29/2020

Thanks for the kind words and we are excited to hear you had a great time at Charles T. Myers Golf Course!

Matthews, North Carolina