Middletown Country Club has been one of Bucks County's major golfing destinations for more than a century. Originally designed as a nine-hole golf course in 1913 by Scottish architect Alexander Findlay, the second nine was added three years later. In the many years since opening, the golf course has undergone renovations by both George Fazio and Stephen Kay. This tough course is proof that a layout doesn't have to be 7,500-plus yards to be a challenge. Although the Middletown C.C. golf course plays to a seemingly modest yardage of 6,217 from the back tees, the rolling terrain provided by its location in the scenic Neshaminy Valley makes the course seem much longer. The small greens have plenty of undulations and you'll also be faced with a variety of uphill, downhill, and sidehill lies. There are also towering trees looming above the fairways and water comes into play throughout the golf course as well.

Middletown Country Club

Year Built 1913

Lots of hills

Great lay out. Greens and fairways are in great shape.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Need a all terain vehicle

The greens and fairways are in good condition, but the cart paths are brutal. They should just stone them. Course is not very well marked.

Commented on 10/01/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We hope to see you again in the future.

Middletown is a steal!

This course is challenging! The greens are sneaky slippery, and the course is in great condition. Maybe the tee boxes need some love but no complaints here! Played here before and I'll be back again for sure.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hi Sean. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Middletown Country Club!

Meh

Pathways in terrible shape. Unclear layout and got lost twice. Tee boxes hard as brick. Fairways are tread bare is spots.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your cart path, layout, and course condition feedback to the staff so they can work to make improvements. Thanks for visiting us!

NIce Course, nice people

Enjoyed plying here. It was not my first time. Course was in very nice shape. Our duo was pair with two other gentlemen and we had an excellent time together.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Middletown Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Middletown Country Club another try in the near future.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

Well Maintained

The course was well maintained and the staff was very friendly all around. The course was quite challenging with some really tight fairways and overgrown trees. There were some water hazards that were placed in spots that made the par 4 feel more like a par 5. The pace of play was pretty slow, fortunately we were able to play through the people in front of us. Unfortunately, there was another slow group ahead of them. The greens were very slow, the fairways were plush, and the rough was consistent. I would come definitely come back.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi Ryan. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Middletown Country Club!

Nice course.

Staff was great. Freddie, the starter, made sure we were well taken care of. The addition of the rough bunkers in the middle of the fairway on #11 and #17 adds to the difficulty and gives you a penalty for a good drive.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Jon! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Philly Advisor

14 holes

Took a chance to get golf in with an iffy weather forecast but it was on a hot deal. It started to deteriorate and picked up my drive on 15 and called it a day just in time as thunder and some lightning and rain hit as I got to the car. Played as a single and moved along front nine in a shade over an hour. Caught another single on 10 and we were behind a twosome that wasn't slow but impeded our pace. Overall course was in decent shape and compared to a couple other daily fee courses nearby just over the river in NJ it was better. Staff was friendly as usual.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you a better experience in the future. Middletown Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Middletown Country Club!

Hot Golf Day

I've played here many times. Everyone knows how hilly and tricky the fairways are. It's a real challenge for an average golfer. Greens can drive you crazy.

Commented on 07/12/2019

Hi Jon. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Middletown Country Club.

Beautiful Course on a Hot Day

Played this course through a hot deal. Even though the heat index was pushing 100 degrees, the beauty of this course helped me forget about the heat. I thought it was funny when the sprinklers popped up on one of the holes we were playing on. It was refreshing. There was also a course ranger driving around offering free cold water. This was my second time playing this course and I will definitely be back.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Hi, thank you so much for the five stars! We are glad that you had a great time out there despite the heat. We appreciate the passion. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi, we hope that you had a good time with us the other day. We'll see you out there!

Slow

It took a hour to play the first 2 holes.

5.5 hour round.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi Scott, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry there was slow pace of play. We hope that you'll consider returning in the near future.

Great Value

The course is well maintained with a few rough patches depending on the week. The first nine holes include very few hazards, While the back nine consists of multiple holes with water and bunkers. Overall a consistently enjoyable course.

Commented on 06/05/2019

Hi Tyler, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you enjoyed playing Middletown Country Club the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Philly Advisor

fun day

Hey Dan, didn't see you around today. Played my own mix of gold and white tees. Best drive of the day was dropping one down in the lower fairway on 13 less than 100 yards out from gold tees. Greens on front seemed OK but back nine was recently aerated. Notice the 13th doesn't have fairway cut all the way down the hill anymore and some tree removal has been done. Overall course looks good but wish more money could be put into it and more trees trimmed back or removed. Bunkers were not good. Like the makeshift cart path up the right side of 18 as not allowing carts on the hole.

Commented on 05/22/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We've passed your review onto Dan, but we appreciate your detailed feedback. We are always trying to improve the course where possible. We'll see you again soon!

Good course.

I’ve played Middletown for many years. Do be deceived by the length. He maybe short but you better be accurate. Greens have improved dramatically over the years. Pretty good speed and undulation. If can get backed up pretty quick if they’re too many people on the course.
Overall good course for accuracy.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Hi, thank you for the four-star review! We are happy to hear that you had a good time at Middletown Country Club. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Much better experience

Pace of play was very good, greens were excellent, rough was long but I'm sure that was due to the rain this week, they were cutting rough today.This was a vastly improved experience from the last time I played. Dan the golf pro comped me the round based on my previous experience. He reached out to me, listened to my criticism and asked me to give them another chance on him. I'm glad I did and look forward to coming back soon.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled that you decided to come back and play Middletown again. We hope to see you again soon.

First time play

First time at the course. Staff was the friendliest that I have encountered this year. Very helpful. The course has a nice layout and flow. Never had to wait at a tee.

Commented on 05/07/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are so happy to hear that you had a friendly experience with our staff and enjoyed the course layout at Middletown Country Club. We'll see you again soon.

Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania