2.3

Year Built 1990
Architect Ron Prichard (1990)

Philly Advisor

needs detail attention

I haven't played here for a few years. Always liked the course layout. Nice mix of long and short holes. On this Fall day the course was in very good shape. Observations from today are too many trees that serve no purpose like along the side and in front of the 17th tee for starters. Also large pine trees need to be cut up from the ground for health if not just to speed up play, but could cut out a bunch and might not even be too noticeable. One consistent are in some places houses are too close to the course.

has been in better shape

Played there in May and was in much better shape. They did just aerate the greens which is always a tough break .
But a number of the fairways look like may have taken on too much water and as a result "lots" of bare spots in a number of fairways.

Awful conditions

I've played this course several times over the last 15+ years, today may have been my last. Conditions have deteriorated over the years and today was absolutely awful. Most of the Fairways were dead with no grass. I enjoy the layout, but it's not worth the money.

They recently aerated but didn't mention that when I made the tee time. The greens weren't to bad considering they were just poked.

Try it out if you have not!

Fun course, kind of short, which is never a bad thing. Tough greens, yet fair. Course is in great shape I must say. I wish there was a driving range here.

Philly Advisor

Decent course. Nothing amazing or bad.

I played 9 holes for our golf league that now plays here. Overall its a good course, well maintained. a little tight and not difficult but it has all the basic amenities you'd want for the average player's skills. I play right around the 9 handicap when the spring rough spots get ironed out of my game, so I'd not pick it if I were going for my weekend 18, but for many it's good. I like more hole variety, distance, and eye appeal.

Pine Crest

Got together with a few friends from Philly area who played here a few times. They recommended it so I thought to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. I liked the course. Nice mix of layouts. Tee boxes were a little chewed up but what course that gets played on a lot isn't. The absence of par 5's isn't that bad. Loved the water holes and found it challenging. After the round we had lunch and it was good. Staff overall was real nice. Will return maybe in the spring.

bad directions

The design and green size is nice. Food is nice and the facilities are fine. The issue is that the course has no memorable hole and it's purely signed on where to go for the next hole. Worth the value.

Lessons.

The group in front of our threesome was giving lessons on every hole! There needs to be a ranger out there. We may never come back. We finally called the pro shop and they sent somebody out to move them along.
Course is in good shape just really slow play.

Overpriced but playable

I have played this course on and off for three years now. When I first started, the course was always in great shape. However, the course has declined over the years. During my last visit, the fairways were too tall and inconsistent, the greens had many blemishes and the bunkers looked unattended. The course layout is interesting with fun par 3s and a good mix of long and short par 4s. However, there is out of bounds on EVERY hole. Be ready to hit less than driver and hit alot of provisional balls. The head pro is friendly but some of the other employees are not. The practice green is OK but they do not have a driving range (come prepared). Slow play is a problem as there is no active ranger hovering around the course. An overall OK experience but you can find better experiences for the money nearby.

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Warrington, Pennsylvania
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Harleysville, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).