Style Links

Linfield National Golf Club is a public course that is one of the area's best values. Formerly known as Sycamore Ridge, the course changed ownership in addition to its name. Since those two major changes, the course boasts better conditions and a renovated clubhouse. The layout has a classic links design that incorporates traditional elements including water, trees, and a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. The up-and-down of the golf course is one of the most challenging elements of the layout. The course is tight with a few adjacent fairways but this configuration also allows for a bit of extra room for recovery shots. Some of the holes at Linfield National Golf Club are quite narrow but it is still possible to hit the green in regulation. Though the course is only 6,164 yards, the rolling terrain will make it seem much longer.

Linfield National Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Greens Bent
Architect Bob Sterrett

Good course

The course was in very good shape, especially the greens. Lots of doglegs and hills. Shot shapers will excellent here

Course in bad shape

Course in really bad shape. Very disappointed as the discount offered because of the bad conditions was only a dollar or two off their regular pricing!

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Linfield National Golf Club.

Course is really bad shape

Course is really bad shape and the discount was only a dollar or two off their regular pricng ...not good.
The staff seems pretty friendly but the pricing should be much lower right now as almost every hole has damage on it

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Linfield National Golf Club.

Bad summer

A great fun play was not so great because of almost totally burned out and diseased fairways. Extensive seeding and aeration should improve things in a couple of weeks. Staff was very nice and did not try to hide things. Sandtraps need attention sometime. We still had a good time and even a couple of birdies. The greens were fine.

Commented on 09/06/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Linfield National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Aerated Course but A Good Round

We played right after the annual maintenance. The course did not come back as fast as they expected so they gave everyone discounted coupons. Even with the vagaries of the course it was a pleasant experience. The club house bar/restaurant is always fun.

HORRIBLE CONDITIONS/HORRIBLE SERVICE

THIS IS THE FIRST REVIEW I HAVE EVER POSTED ONLINE

This was one of the worst experiences I've had golfing. My friend booked him and I a 3:30 afternoon round on Golfnow yesterday and when we show up to the course there is a sign on the pro shop door reading " Due to overseeding, golfers will play at a discounted rate". This was our first warning to forget about the booking fee and go somewhere else, but we gave it a shot. We proceed into the pro shop and ask the gentleman at the register how the conditions are and he immediately says "you will not get a discounted rate". My friend and I begin to discuss whether or not to leave and go somewhere else and the gentleman chimes in again and says "you will also not get your booking fee back". We ask him again how the conditions are and he says "I played on Thursday and they aren't bad, and the greens are in good shape". It's hard to get the tone of this gentleman in this review but let me say that we were both starting our round extremely frustrated with how poorly two paying customers were just treated. So we get on the course and let me tell you, not only were the fairways non existent, the tee boxes were made of all dirt and no grass and the "greens in good shape" were full of sand, divots, and cleat marks. We did not hit one putt all day that didn't bounce at least twice on the way to the hole.

Terrible round and terrible experience, the owners should really reconsider this gentleman running your pro shop. You have turned two avid golfers away who live within 5 miles of the course to go play Raven's Claw, Bella Vista, Turtle Creek etc..

GET THE COURSE TOGETHER AND GET YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK, A LOT OF WORK TO DO.

Course was in the worst condition

Fairways had no grass on them they were burnt out and the tee boxes had no grass on them. The greens were ok but slow and the pace of play was very slow.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hello, Stephen3237300. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Linfield National Golf Club.

Conditions of Fairway and Tee Boxes

I am writing this review after reading some negative reviews about Linfield National. The course is having course maintenance performed on the fairways and tee boxes due to the wet weather and extreme heat this summer (the course is playable and besides it is August). One of the few courses that lets people know about on going maintenance both at the course and on the web site. In addition to offering discounted green fees, Linfield National is also giving complimentary green fees so players can come back and play a round when the course is back to normal play. When reading other reviews, I did not see one player acknowledge the discounted green fees and complimentary green fees. Thank you Linfield National and owner, Robert for my discount and my complimentary green fees (which I am going to use this Friday). My 4some also enjoyed ice cold beer and a hot dog after our round (two cheerful ladies were working at the time we stopped).

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Linfield National Golf Club!

Course Conditions

I am writing this review because of the negative reviews that I have been reading for the past few weeks. The course is going thru maintenance issues on the fairways and tee boxes but it is playable (after all it is August). Linfield National is not hiding the issues from its players. They have had signs posted thru out the clubhouse and on their web sites for the past three weeks detailing the on going maintenance. Not only are they discounting green fees (at the course and on websites) they are giving complimentary green fees for players to use the next time they play. Thank you Linfield National (Robert) for being upfront and offering the complimentary green fees. My 4some also enjoyed a cold beer and hot dog after our round of golf from some very cheerful ladies.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi u1239313. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club.

Course is in very bad shape

Well this was the first and last time playing this course. Tee boxes have minimal grass if any and the fairways are pretty much in the same condition. I can’t believe they are charging full price without advertising that the course is in horrible shape. If they let you know ahead of time and you still play it then yes that would be fair but not to announce it ahead of time is very poor judgement in my eyes. The staff was friendly but that is the only positive thing they have going for them. If you are reading this I highly advise you not to play this course until it gets a complete makeover which would take at least a year if not longer.

Shame the rain wrecked the course

Always enjoyed this courses tight and fun layout, but it’s been ravaged by the rain this year and is in bad shape. They shouldn’t be charging full fees for how bad it is. Most fairways are bare dirt and you are better off in the rough. Greens were beat up as well. Such a shame, it will take a year before it gets back in shape, hope it does!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Linfield National Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Need Course Ranger

I have played this course many times in the last few years and the condition wasn’t good like it used to be in this time of the year. Our group started two holds behind the foursome in front of us and we caught up with them by the 6th hold after that we literally had to wait more than 15 minutes every shot! And these people had no golf adequate whatsoever, they just took their sweet time like they were pro or something. It would be nice if there’s a ranger coming by once a while. I would think twice to go play there again with the current rate, Not worth the money!

Commented on 08/06/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

What happened?

I have played this course many times. Always enjoyed great conditions. This time however not so. Fairways missing grass, tee boxes very Bare! The greens were exceptionally slow.

I will be back this year.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Linfield National. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Linfield National

This is a nice course. More challenging than some others but not as difficult as say, Inniscrone. The tee boxes were being reseeded and the course was a little dry. Normally this is a beautiful course in great condition. Still very fun and a great value! Fiona the bartender is great too. One of my favorite courses locally, A+

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Patrick. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Linfield National thanks you!

Maintenance

The fairways are poorly maintained and overall course maintenance needs improvement. That said, the holes are not extremely long, which I find appealing, yet they are challenging. Turf maintenance would make this course really nice.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Hello, Myker. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

The course was Not what we expected. We were told it was a “great course”
Tee boxes were horrible and the fairways and greens were not much better

Commented on 07/30/2019

Hi James. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Linfield National. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/27/2019

I noticed when someone makes a positive comment, the course responds with a thank you and a come back and play

Negative comments should also be answered.
The course was in terrible conditions. I’m not sure how someone could say it was “excellent”
We purchased Groupons for Linfield and we’re trying to trade in so we don’t have to return.

Disappointing

Course was not in very good shape. No grass on tee boxes, fairway grass was long, and bunkers filled with water. Pace of play was good which was the best thing about the course. Very disappointing, will probably not go back.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make a note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 07/25/2019

Hello, eschulz5. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Linfield National Golf Club!

Challenges

I have played this course a couple of times. The layout can be challenging and shot placement is paramount on a few holes. Although I like this course, I will probably not play again this season, the course has taken some damage all over from extreme rain and extreme heat. Most tees had no grass. Lots of burn out in the fairways, the greens were in decent shape but a few had more than lazy golfer damage. Hopefully the fall and spring will give this course time to heal.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing at Linfield National!

Horrible conditions

Tried linfield because I’ve been seeing specials for $20 for the past month. Pictures looked nice and I saw 4/5 stars. Maybe this course was nicer in the past, but when I went on July 21, 2019, the greens were dried out/ slow/ had multiple ball marks, the tee boxes were filled with sand and the fairways were super patchy. The bunkers were muddy or hard and dried out. I could see that this course has great potential. The layout is fairly nice albeit super tight. I guess for $20, what would you expect, but definitely not worth going back. I’d rather pay a little more for a nicer course that I can play on.

Spring City, Pennsylvania