Style Links

Linfield National Golf Club is a public course that is one of the area's best values. Formerly known as Sycamore Ridge, the course changed ownership in addition to its name. Since those two major changes, the course boasts better conditions and a renovated clubhouse. The layout has a classic links design that incorporates traditional elements including water, trees, and a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. The up-and-down of the golf course is one of the most challenging elements of the layout. The course is tight with a few adjacent fairways but this configuration also allows for a bit of extra room for recovery shots. Some of the holes at Linfield National Golf Club are quite narrow but it is still possible to hit the green in regulation. Though the course is only 6,164 yards, the rolling terrain will make it seem much longer.

Scorecard for Linfield
Blue M: 68.3/122 410 500 167 542 405 356 153 328 160 3021 393 129 492 420 140 325 440 590 415 3344 6365
White M: 66.2/115 396 494 146 528 390 347 140 322 150 2913 372 124 478 380 133 309 390 505 410 3101 6014
Gold M: 63.5/104 W: 67.8/115 379 453 110 460 368 328 128 310 140 2676 341 105 442 348 92 285 340 490 360 2803 5479
Red W: 66.9/114 356 444 101 432 357 303 118 305 135 2551 328 111 426 330 87 242 231 430 355 2540 5091

Year Built 2006
Greens Bent
Architect Bob Sterrett

Very fair course. It was in good shape considering the weather and the greens were in excellent shape.
Played with my son and we had a great time.

Commented On 2018-11-26T14:30:33.000+00:00

We're glad you enjoyed your round with us this time of year! We hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving.

Great outing

Played Linfield on a whim, very happy with the decision I made. Course is really fun, lot of different looks and challenges. You'll use every club in your bag and have to think about your approaches throughout. Good view of the powerplant as well. Plays a bit tight but not in a cheap way. Elevation changes everywhere. Had a blast out there.

Pace was phenomenal but it was also a Monday at noon so it's hard to really judge that. Price was perfect.

The track was in great condition considering the rainy summer & fall seasons we had. Compared to other courses I've played recently this one was in the best shape, I was really impressed.

Also wanted to say the staff was especially friendly and made an great impression on me. Can't wait to get back to this course, I had a great time and will refer anyone to it that will listen to me.

Commented On 2018-11-15T14:07:02.000+00:00

We're glad you decided to give #LinfieldNationalGolfClub a try! We hope to see you out here more before the holidays!

Course needs work.

Most fairways dead grass, tees need attention,, greens were nice. Should be charging lower price since course is not being maintained. No sand in sand traps.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/26/2018:
We are sorry you did not enjoy your recent round with us. Be sure to book your next tee time here https://linfield-national-golf-club.play.teeitup.com/ for dynamically priced rates.

course

Staff very helpful (jim and pete) course was challenging

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed our course staff! Come play again soon.

Needs work

The lay out is nice but the conditions were not good. There was recently a lot of rain so I didn't expect things to be in great shape but the fairways were black and burnt out in many areas. I think they must have had some sort of fungus growing on them in the black spots. Several tee boxes were scraped and a few greens air-rated as well.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
We do hope you take into consideration the amount of rain our area has gotten, and our course staff is working diligently to improve your golfing experience. We hope you give us another shot in the near future.
Philly Advisor

soggy conditions

My partner and I have played here before. It has a nice mix of holes that present a good challenge on mildly hilly terrain. It's not a big course from the back tees at 6365 yards but the yardage for the average player from white, gold and red tees is about right. The course is kind of pushed tight together with not a lot of space between holes. Straight works more than distance but there are a few long holes out there. Course was wet and damaged from heavy local rains but the greens were very good. It's not heavily tree lined but there are some trees that need to be trimmed or removed to open up a couple tight spaces.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for the great review and the wonderful photos! We hope you both join us again soon.
Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star rating! Be sure to book your next round with us soon.

Driver is a thought on some holes

Always seems to rain on me there, but I really enjoy the layout and the challeng. If you miss your target, you’ll have to pay the price.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 07/25/2018:
We are glad you had a great time despite the rain! We hope to see you out there on a clearer day soon.

Great conditions and pace

We had two golfers that played a 3 hour round with very few holdups. The condition of the greens were excellent and we had a really enjoyable time. I’ve probably played this course 25 times in the past.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the greens as well as the pace of play. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the course and hope to see you out there again soon!

Great Value

The course is a nice track and in great shape. Clubhouse was nice and clean with private club feel to it but everyone was very friendly.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 4 stars! We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions as well as our course staff. We hope to see you out there again soon!

Pleasantly surprised

I thought I had played here before several years ago but that was not the case. Upon arriving, the pro shop was well stocked and the pro at the counter was courteous. We had one guy running late but he was allowed to catch us on hole 3. My takeaway was that they were very flexible on this day, as it was hot and not too busy. The carts were lined up and cleaned very well, which is an underrated detail that many public courses miss. We were paired with a single who bought into their membership program and knew the course, ultimately making it a very pleasant experience.

I liked the layout in general as each hole required some thought. I'm pretty sure I used every club in the bag, and you can't just pull the big stick on every tee. Some holes have more narrow fairways, others have doglegs that you can try to carry. The tee boxes were in good-great shape (scaling from poor-excellent), with a few that were slightly too dry when at the top of the course. There's some blind tee shots but if you hit it straight, have no fear. The fairways were tight on some holes, with some bailout areas. Again, some were very dry and hard as a rock. There wasn't much brown grass anywhere. The rough and fescue was a fair penalty IMO. Water on a few holes but mostly covered in algae. The greens were fast but not unreasonable and rolling quite true. In general, people appear to fix their ball marks +1, which is my standard when I play anywhere. My only dislike was pin positions, as they have stickers on the stick. I couldn't tell where the pin was and also felt some of the on course yardage figures were inaccurate.

The bar was full at the turn, so our turn-dogs meant a 5 minute wait. I booked this tee time as a hot deal on golf now so I saved a few bucks. Overall, I plan to return to Linfield National in the future.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience of the course form check-in to the course layout. We look forward to your next round with us! For great rates online be sure to book your next tee time here https://linfield-national-golf-club.play.teeitup.com/

Good folks and good golf

Over the past three years, I have found Bob, John, Pete and Robert in the Pro Shop to be very pleasant and accommodating. Each has a vast knowledge of golf to share. Besides being very friendly , they are service oriented. Additionally, the wonderful ladies in the restaurant/bar are outstanding. My weekly visits are a treat, knowing that I will e greeted pleasantly

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/14/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We are glad you enjoy the quality of our course staff. We look forward to seeing you out on the course again soon!

Linfield National Golf

First time there. Course in excellent shape. Good challenge for 72 year old. Will play again this summer

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/04/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed your first time playing at Linfield National. We look forward to your next round with us!

My round

I haven’t played here in a few years but I was pleasantly surprised with the conditions. I’m glad to see it’s in nice shape and I will be returning soon!

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
We are glad you made your way back to Linfield National! We look forward to your next round with us.

If you want to play a nice course, this is a must! The layout is great. It's challenging and fun. Definitely will be back.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
We are honored you consider Linfield National a must play! We look forward to your next round with us.

The weather was awful, we got stuck in a major rain storm and the course was basically under water. called the pro shop to get a rain check and they laughed at us. so we just had to wait it out so we didn't lose our money. nice course but if there is ever a chance of rain don't bother.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
We are sorry you did not get to enjoy your round as much as you could on a clearer day. We would be happy to work something out with you if you call us directly.

Poor Customer Service - Do Not Book Online

I had a very bad experience the last time I went to Linfield National. The course itself isn't bad, but the customer service was awful. The employees there were very rude over the phone and in person. They were incompetent in their online system. I made reservations online via their website and was charged a down payment. When I arrived to the course and paid in cash the employee could not figure out how to reduce my amount owed by the down payment I already paid. His reasoning was "anything online I have no control of". All in all, I paid more than I should of and received attitude for doing so.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience. The "down payment" is a booking fee our course management made clear we have not recourse against. It is a fee for the service of booking so it cannot be discounted further at the course level. This issue was addressed promptly and we hope you may understand.

Interesting

This was my first time playing this course. I booked a 1 golfer only tee time off of golf now thinking I’d be paired with a threesome or at least a twosome, there was no starter so I waited at the first tee. A foursome showed up that had a tee time after mine. I called the pro shop and the gentleman told me to either play as a single or wait for a twosome after the foursome. Not what I had in mind but oh well. Course has some nice holes overall not a bad course, most of the bunkers had water and not even raked properly, i’m sure the rain had some to do with it. Not sure if I’d come though.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/29/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to learn your experience of the course was anything short of 5 stars. We apologize for the miscommunication at check in and hope you give us another shot soon.

Great value. ..on a nice course

Linfield National is a tighter course, where errant shots can find your ball going to a neighboring tee box, so please remember to yell FORE if needed. :)

Water comes to play on several holes. Bunkers could be more consistent with their sand levels. I found about half a dozen bunkers.

Played from the blue tees and found this course to be challenging from either tee. Lots of variety with dog legs left and right. Greens are very undulating and I can see them being even more challenging as summer approaches. The greens we're recently aerated so they were bumpy and on the slower side when I played.

The staff was very friendly. Brenda the bartender was great and there's a nice 19th hole bar here! Also a six bay golf simulator located at the clubhouse for indoor golf fun.

Definitely worth playing here but bring your short game. I'll be back to play.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/14/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you found value in the golf course. We look forward to your next round with us!

Excellent design, great condition!

Have played Linfield National a few times now. Never disappoints. Great design and in excellent condition. Very good deal for the price paid.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 05/11/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We are glad you always have a great round at #LinfieldNationalGolfClub
Spring City, Pennsylvania
Royersford, Pennsylvania
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
4.2190117647
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!