Type Public/Resort
Fort Cherry Golf Club

Year Built 1963

Clubs No

Walking Allowed Yes, on weekdays
Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times.

Good golf course

Great value. Course is well maintained and in good condition. Variety of challenging holes front and back.

Like this course a lot

The reason for average rating on Course Conditions is only because the greens have still not recovered from aeration 2 weeks ago. Usually this course is in nice shape.

Mountain side experience.

Interesting golf course layout. Tee boxes, fairways, roughs were in great shape. Greens were recently plugged and very difficult to putt. All in all the course was a pleasure to play and will definitely be back to play again.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hello, Seth. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Fort Cherry Golf Club.

Slow play

We got behind a Tuesday league championship from Ft. Cherry GC; very slow & became even slower. Quit on 14th hole after >4 hours, beer cans left on tees, group gatherings on greens & US Open putting taking seemingly forever to complete. We never finished 14 after 30 minutes on the tee & fairway. The course had no one out as the marshall to keep pace moving for those outside the event. The course was however in very nice shape with very good greens; some tees dried out, but to be expected with fall maintenance/sand etc.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hi, oldpaint. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fort Cherry Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Awesome course and value

Played here with my son. Absolutely love this course. Fairways to the green is where you can score. getting on the green very possible if you play the elevation and slopes correctly. BUT what the course giveth it takes away on the greens. Greens are fast and hard as heck. Some of the par3s are significant down hill drop and you have to land the ball short and let it roll on and hope it stays on OR fly it sky high and hope you stick he green. 2 putting on this course is not easy!

Love this course, strongly recommend!

Good value

Nice public course - maintained well, decent difficulty, rates are competitively low and availability of tee times has been good. Only complaint i would have is its a bit of a challenge to get to with only roundabout access from major thoroughfares.

Had a 2:16 tee time was told there was an am outing got to the coating to find out it was a outing that started at 1:pm took over 5 and half hours to play round no Rangers on the coarse

excellent condition

Course was in excellent condition.
tee boxes were the best this year.
greens excellent, slightly slow on the meter I believe.
loads of twosomes on the course which when in a foursome can have you looking at people standing in the fairway waiting on you.

Fantastic Round

Course was in great shape and is very well kept. Great for any type of golfers. Some challenging holes but also forgiving with low rough. Highly Recommend. Staff were great.

Very enjoyable round

The course has improved a lot over the last couple of years. Lots of fun holes and now in good condition compared to past years. Nicer people working there now too.

Always enjoy playing here

course very good shape this time of year. challenging and enjoy the well conditioned greens

Decent Track but needs work!

I have played Ft. Cherry many times. It is a typical hill course (all Western Pa. courses are hilly). Nice mix of holes....some water, decent bunkering, plenty of trees to line the fairways. A good test of golf.
Greens are VERY SLOW. Pace of play is even SLOWER because there are no marshalls to move players along. Course conditions (especially tee boxes) need work.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Beautiful!

A buddy and I played Fort Cherry on a scalding hot but sunny and gorgeous summer day. Friendly starter got us off early and we enjoyed a great round. The course gets a lot of play, but the tee boxes were well maintained and divots were all filled, lots of COLD water which really saved the day, and overall conditions were most enjoyable. Even the portajohn was clean on #13. Greens were very nice and consistent. The electric carts have GPS which was a great help. The pub offered cold draughts and the perfect setting to savor my victory. We'll be back.

Great Value

Golf course was in great shape .
Greens were in great shape and ran true, they were a little slower then usual but with the amount of rain area has received lately it was understandable.
We received alot of rain this week and Sunday it had to rain 2" , was almost reluctant to play anywhere on Monday, that's why we booked the 1:36 tee time, that might have accounted for our fast pace of play.

Course is in good condition; GPS in the carts. It's a great place to play for the "Hot Deals" promo

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hi - We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (724) 926-4181 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Fort Cherry Golf Club!

Meet new people

Always great to meet nice people...but i guess golf usually presents those opportunities...

Good course

I’m not a good golfer myself and the course can be challenging for beginner (especially if you slice), but has a great price and always looks great. Some greens were a little funky today, but they weren’t like that the first time I played there, so I assume it’s just bad timing.

Midway, Pennsylvania