Armitage Golf Club

Year Built 1974
Architect Brian Ault (1986) Tom Clark (1986)

Clubs No

Entertaining Clients 13

A Muni with Attitude

We play Armitage 5, 6 times a year and it never gives an inch. Yes, mid-December isn't ideal for PA golf but no one minded the sparce tree cover, slightly choppy fairways or spotty greens. You still had to keep it in play and in position to be able to score. They are doing upgrades (trees, cart paths, tee locations) so it will only get better. Don't need your driver but you need a good short iron game and a hot flat stick. Plus, with GolfNow, we got all this for less than two beers and a dog! What more do you want for your round?

My Home Course

I've been playing Armitage on a regular basis since 1995. It's rarely in bad condition, has a short but tight layout with smallish greens. The staff has always been great to work with. I truly enjoy each round I am lucky enough to play there.

Do not play Tuesday mornings!

My golf partner and I decided that today was probably the most painful round we have ever played and not because we had bad hits. The other twosome that was supposed to golf with us didn’t show so we played ourselves. We were told there was a league out in front of us so we had expected some slowness on the front 9. The first three holes were great. The fairways were in great shape as well as the greens. Then we caught up to the ladies the starter told us about. It was the first time I witnessed two foursomes playing the same par 3 at the same time with another group waiting in front of us. Actually one of the par 4’s had 4 groups playing at one time. We just kept thinking we are almost done with the front 9. Now we expected to whiz through. Nope! Two ladies evidently chose to start on the back and on hole 11 when one asked the other if they should let us play through, she said No! We chose to skip that hole because there was no one in front of us. So now the maintenance people are making all kinds of dust right where we are playing and they didn’t stop and oh by the way, the sprinklers were going too. This went on for two or three holes. We tried to stay positive and just make the best of it but it was tough. The course has a starter but obviously do not manage the course with a Marshall to try to keep play moving.

Look I am a woman who is all for everyone playing golf but the course needs to set tee times accordingly when leagues are playing if they are slower so it is not so aggravating to their other guests. It was pretty obvious that tee times should never have been started for a minimum of 30 minutes after their last tee off. There were 2-3 groups backed up at almost every hole starting around hole 5 and it increasingly got worse.

The most positive part of the day was the Caddy Shack. Food was great!

Great round overall.

We played early September. About 90 degrees out. Fairways were beautiful. Course was not over crowded and pace was great. The greens and tee boxes were a little beat up. But it’s been a wonderful summer so I assume they had lots of use. They are working on bringing them back. The lady tending bar was amazing!!!!! So friendly made me feel welcome to be there. I wish I had time to hang out at the bar after. The food at chaddyshack is awesome. And the food at the turn is quick and good!!! I would play here a hundred times over. Thank you for running a top notch course!!!

Very nice gem of a course

I decided to play this course this summer as it is almost exactly halfway between myself and my father. The weather was perfect, warm and a little dry, so the course was beautiful and had a little extra roll with the arid conditions. Staff was super friendly and the price was amazing for an early afternoon Sunday round during peak season! Will definitely play again!

Golf carts were very dated and the 2 we used did not run well and was hard to set the brake. The cart paths were pretty rough in a lot of places. I tried to fix my divot on a few tee boxes and there was no sand in the boxes. With a little more effort on their part they could get my rating to a 4 star.

play was extremely slow for the first 5 holes--called the pro shop for a ranger to move the group ahead of us along since they didn't offer us the chance to play thru--woman seemed to be giving LESSONS as they played--not good for a holiday weekend.....ranger DID SHOW & play moved fairly well after

Great short but technical course

We played as a foursome today and the pace of play was good. The only problem I had was that there didn’t seem to be any effort of raking the bunkers by the maintenance staff after the rain. The bunkers were clumped and impossible to hit consistent shots out of. Otherwise, the course was in great condition and the greens were fast but fair.

Armitage GC

The fairways were well groomed and cut. Greens were rough due to them being aireated. The course needs new cart paths. Several rough areas!

Great day at Armitage!

Fantastic day of golf at Armitage this past Tuesday. For a public course it is in incredibly great shape. I recommend you give it a try if you haven't played Armitage before.

Armitage Golf Course

Good course good conditions slow play because of the popularity. Recommend course to everyone.

Armitage Golf Course

Play true but you gotta keep the ball between the trees and on The Fairway otherwise you pay the price. Greens Road true and I would recommend the course to all. Unfortunately we had to wait at every hole to play so it made for a longer round.

Meh

I initially tried to get on a course closer to home but the available tee times didn’t work. I found a tee time at Armitage that worked but not sure it really “worked”. My twosome was jammed into line waiting to get on. From there it was a substantial wait each hole with people waiting behind us as well. Course itself was kept up with reasonably well but holes were all on top of each other. Players criss crossing across holes often.

Staff was reasonably friendly and the price through golf now app was super reasonable.

Overall for $30 it was fine but with me being new to area and with so many choices I will need to check out other courses before I return to Armitage

Challenging and fun.

Course is a nice layout with different looks on each hole. Tight fairways lined with trees on almost every hole. Greens and fairways were in great shape and rolled nicely however some of the tee boxes were pretty bad. Uneven, bumpy and seemed like they hadn't been repaired in some time. Overall good course to play and will definitely be back.

Armitage

Armitage is a course that is full of trees and requires good accurate tea shots to keep yourself in play and have opportunities for second and third shots. It was very windy out cross winds were brutal taking the ball into the trees frequently and the aerated greens still rolled fairly well. I would recommend this course to others.

Great place.

Amazing staff, price and course. Payed 18.50 for 18 with a cart. Loved the layout and it being a challenge without being over the top.

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania