Wynding Brook Golf Club

Golf Simulator Yes

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Great Potential—Wasted.

I have played this course twice. Once a couple of months ago, and again today, 7/6. When I played in the spring, my first time, my take away impression was that the course layout was interesting and challenging. I also felt that the condition of the course seriously detracted from its potential. The greens and fairways were generally in good shape though wet. However, the tees needed reseeding in places, no blue tee markers, many sand traps were either unplayable or designated GUR. In general it looked like it had had a hard winter, but with some effort, it could be a very nice course.

I wanted to get another crack at it and hoped that when I did, I would find it in better condition. The fairways and greens continue to be good overall. But the deficiencies noted above still persist. To be fair, we have had some wild weather in the area that may have contributed to some of the issues, but it doesn’t explain why there is still a dearth of sand and uncovered tees. It still looks a bit rough around the edges. I hope the owners are able to help this nice course live up to its full potential.
If you are in the area and can get a cheap tee time on-line, it may be to your liking.

Excellent Value

I've played this course pretty regularly over the past five years. Every year they make improvements. Challenging track, has something for every golfer. Staff is friendly. I've seen other reviews about slow play, this happens only at the busiest times. Which any course that is challenging and a great value is going to have this problem. Great course, great management, would recommend to anyone.

great shape

This course is in excellent shape. It is manicured superbly, despite the fierce storms that uprooted trees recently.

where were the rangers?

I've played this course several times and always saw course rangers out on patrol. But this time there were none and they were needed. We were a 2some playing behind a 4some in which one of them was walking and wouldn't allow anyone to play through. We waited a minimum of 10 minutes per hole on the back 9 and there were 2 other groups behind us waiting as well for the last few holes. A ranger would have prevented this.

great day of golf

Course was in great shape and though we had to wait some for the groups ahead of us we still finished in less than four hours. Greens were in great shape as well and fairways were well manicured, though I didn't find myself hitting from them as much as I would've liked.

Terribly slow play!

The pace of play at this course was maybe the worst I've experienced. Took me 2 1/2 hours to finish 9 holes playing by myself due to groups ahead of me and no one would let me play through. There was no ranger or anyone to move these groups along. Will not be going back to this course. Was a painful way to spend a Sunday afternoon

Great day

Course in great shape. Newer owners have turned course in to fun place to play.
Thick rough and fast, slick greens.
Only thing I did not like was the carts were not cleaned out from previous rounds. Had to tend to others trash!

Nice track

Nice track, of course in good shape, greens are fun.

Nice course and friendly staff

A nice local course, well maintained, and reasonably challenging. A great value, especially with a discount.

Fun course

My 3 friends and I have an annual gathering and golf at Wynding Brook is a key part of it. The course is a fun one for us to play with our different skill levels. This time the front nine was slow as we were following a tournament/league group, but we were playing 20 minutes before our scheduled tee time. The back nine went nice and fast. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We look forward to our time here each year and golfnow made it very affordable.

About average

For a sub-$20 round, it is about what I expected. The pace of play was slow and the tee boxes were hit or miss on conditions, but the greens were well-maintained, and that made for a decent day.

The layout is eh, with nothing too exciting. Every hole is straight as an arrow, but there are plenty of blind shots due to hills. The greens were mostly flat, but a few had major undulations. Overall, it is a fair course, so you should shoot well on it.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

That brook can make it difficult

Nice course, friendly people, good value. Much uphill, downhill playing. The winding brook requires attention. Course is well maintained.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania