Rolling Fields Golf Club

Rolling Fields Golf Course in Murrayville, also known as "The Fields" to regulars, boasts fast greens that are some of the area's best. The layout stretches across rolling green hills sprinkled with mature trees. There are plenty of interesting holes but the golf course is player-friendly enough for beginners to approach with confidence. The front nine is fairly straightforward with only trees and the occasional bunker causing trouble. The course gets more challenging on the back nine, which starts with the longest par 4 on the backside. Accuracy is a necessity on this tough hole with a narrow fairway and small green. Rolling Fields Golf Course boasts one of western Pennsylvania's premier finishing holes, a stunning par 4 with a lake that guards the front of the green. Even with all that the course offers, it is still one of area's most affordable.
Rolling Fields Golf Club
Scorecard for Rolling Fields Golf Club
Blue M: 68.2/120 340 190 390 295 365 520 185 380 400 3065 275 420 445 375 220 380 195 525 420 3255 6320
White M: 66.3/120 330 160 365 280 340 495 170 380 395 2915 270 405 390 360 165 370 175 480 385 3000 5915
Gold M: 63.1/106 W: 68.0/118 260 140 330 280 330 460 125 340 300 2565 250 375 370 330 150 360 135 465 300 2735 5300
Red W: 61.4/98 260 100 250 270 265 310 125 280 300 2160 250 275 250 310 110 260 135 420 220 2230 4390

Year Built 1955
Architect John Chernega

Credit Cards Accepted None

Every Day Is A Good Day To Play Golf

I played after we had some rain and the course was in good shape. Parts of the course needed cut but otherwise everything was great. This is a very friendly course to play. Great pro at the course.

Good place to play.

The course is player friendly except for the sandtraps. They need some sand. The course is woman friendly. We actually have the chance to get on the Green in regulation. I am going to play in a league at Fields.

Won't be Back

As the name suggests, the course is very up and down and angled fairways. Many blind tee shots and shorter than normal. I consider myself an average golfer at best I played from the blue and it was very short. Parking lot is tiny & overall not a great value. I unfortunately will not be back.

Response from Rolling Fields Golf Club on 04/27/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Wide enough to slice.

Nice easy course to score well. Not long from senior tees. Well maintained green even for this time of year.

First time golfing at this course and the course has nice wide open fairways perfect for your average golfer or novice. Challenging 18th hole in my opinion because of the pond you have to hit over. The only negative thing I will say is they didn’t have a course official maintaining pace of play, felt rushed every hole but when your not a good golfer I guess you can expect that anywhere. Atleast when there’s someone keeping an eye on the play they can make it more suitable for everyone. Overall great experience. Will return for sure!

Great fall round

Fun course to play with my wife. The course is lady friendly with the tee placements. Still in pretty good shape for mid October.

Response from Rolling Fields Golf Course on 09/19/2017:
Hello Paul, thank you for taking time to review our course, Rolling Fields Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to see that you did not enjoy the course layout or conditions. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It looks like you did enjoy the pace of play and off-course amenities so we are happy to see that. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Pittsburgh, PA area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

How To Enjoy Golf, Play at Rolling Fields

The layout of the course to me is exciting. The course is taken care of constantly. The greens are great. I guess what is best is the course is very fair. You drive a good ball you are rewarded. If you mess up yes that normally brings trouble.

It is a great enjoyable time. With the beauty of the course and those challenging fairways.

Yes I love playing golf at Rolling Fields.

Course was in great shape

Course was in great shape which always adds to the enjoyment of playing.

Response from Rolling Fields Golf Club on 08/04/2017:
Mark, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rolling Fields Golf Club. We are glad that you enjoyed our conditions and layout. We apologize that we missed the mark with the pace of play this time. We hope to earn your business again in the Pittsburgh area for a faster round.

"ROLLING" Fields Golf Course

Good course for the average golfer, greens are quick, getting a good lie in the fairway's is easy. If in a cart, go slow!

Worth the money.

Good course. Really good greens and fairways. Cart paths could use some work. Will play again.

Great Course and Scenery

Course was very challenging with all the hills which made it fun. I mostly golf to take in the scenery and nothing really beats this place. Beautiful spring day with amazing views. Overall a fun and memorable time.

A Great Day To Play Golf

I have played this course before and it is a beautiful course to play.

I enjoy the layout of the course. It is very kind to senior citizens especially the layout of the course.

The greens are tricky and kept up very well. There is not one thing wrong about the course. Trust me when o say you will enjoy yourself.

The name of the course says a lot. Most holes are blind shots. Fairways are wide, has plenty of doglegs both left and right. Most fairways have slopes due to all of the hills which add to your ball placement when you hit. Something that lands in the middle will roll Everyone on the course was friendly which makes it an enjoyable experience

It seems as if it is shorter than a lot of other courses but still challenging

Was a good value for money

Commented On 08/05/2016

Thank you cw1658 for the review. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again very soon!

Good Memorial Day

Played this course for the first time with some family members on Memorial Day and the pace of play was excellent, every hole had a group but never had to really wait to hit a shot. Layout was fine, a little short but not terribly bad. Greens rolled true and the break was a little deceiving at times but overall a good, simple 18 holes for anyone to play.

Commented On 06/03/2016

Thank you mcquainc13 for the great review and 4-Stars! We are so happy you had such a fast pace of play out there. Come back and see us again very soon!

Fast greens but great value!

The greens were incredibly fast. The layout is a little weird in that if you are on the tee box you have a chance of getting hit by golfers approaching the previous green. The tee boxes are uneven as well. Other than those nit-picky details, a fun (albeit, short) course with a great value.

Commented On 05/09/2016

Thank you for your review and feedback of Rolling Fields Golf Club. We are so happy you had a great time and we hope you will come back and see us again soon!

A day with my brother

We played the course on a cool overcast day .we were greeted by a friendly man at the pro shop.We were able to get out right away . we paired with the pair playing behind us .they were playing from the tips .but that is ok by me .it improved the pace.the course was in good condition the greens were still bumpy but improving since my last visit .we had a good time .Don't pass up on this local gem .

Commented On 05/04/2016

Thank you toyota123 for your review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time and we are glad you had a great time on the course. Please come back and see us again soon!

Monroeville, Pennsylvania