Rolling Fields Golf Course in Murrayville, also known as "The Fields" to regulars, boasts fast greens that are some of the area's best. The layout stretches across rolling green hills sprinkled with mature trees. There are plenty of interesting holes but the golf course is player-friendly enough for beginners to approach with confidence. The front nine is fairly straightforward with only trees and the occasional bunker causing trouble. The course gets more challenging on the back nine, which starts with the longest par 4 on the backside. Accuracy is a necessity on this tough hole with a narrow fairway and small green. Rolling Fields Golf Course boasts one of western Pennsylvania's premier finishing holes, a stunning par 4 with a lake that guards the front of the green. Even with all that the course offers, it is still one of area's most affordable.

Rolling Fields Golf Club

Year Built 1955
Architect John Chernega

Credit Cards Accepted None

No way 4 Stars!

The golf club owners or operators must be writing their own reviews. There is no way anyone objective gave this course four stars. The fairways are like cow pastures that have been landscaped by goats. They are patchy and rough. Of course, next to the cart paths , they are a smooth Parkway. If you had back problems, you would be on your way to the chiropractor or the emergency room after you’re around. If you didn’t have back problems, you will have them when you’re finished. All the ground is hard as a rock. The greens, although very green, are hard as granite. I put several good shots into greens that bounced at least 10 feet in the air, and then bounded merrily off the back. Not a ball mark yo be seen anywhere. ( I guess that is a good thing! ) No green would hold any shot at all. Additionally, they are unbelievably slow. It is very difficult to make yourself hit the ball hard enough to get it to the hole, even on a downhill putt. In addition, the distance markers are way, way off. The hundred yard markers are somewhere between 60 and 70 yards away from the center of the green. Some of the 150s were close to accurate, but most were not. The course has a lot of promise, but right now the main thing I would say that deserves four stars , Or rather the only thing that deserves four stars, is a very nice clubhouse and a very friendly staff.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi, Tom. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with some of the current conditions. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff, which is always great to hear. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Rolling Fields Golf Club.

FUN PLAYING GOLF

Golf is a great sport. What makes it a great sport when the COURSE makes it easier for you to participate. Great greens fairways. And great carts. No aggravation. So you are set to enjoy your day. The staff is special and the bar and food makes your day.
So come on out and Enjoy GOLF.

A PLEASURE TO PLAY GOLF

The entire staff and the people who play golf are the most friendly that I have played with.. The course played very well and if your patient you can score very well. Patience Patience.
Carts are nice and you can charge your cell phone.
HAVE FUN. I DO!!

EXCELLENT PLAY FOR GOLF

It was hot in the 90 degrees and the breeze helped especially in the shade. Yes shade. The greens are great and the fairways allow the roll. No.bagels.
It is Always fun and challenging to play this course. Your fellow golfers are respectful to each other. It is like playing with Family. Great food and a great bar. Come and enjoy.

Sanford Glick

I like the course

Rolling Fields is a challenging short course that has multiple holes that require good shot placement. It is not a well maintained course, but it isn't a cow pasture with a green. I've played far worse and far better. The staff is friendly and they have the minimum in amenities, a bar with hot dogs. I like playing but I won't pay the normal $35 fees, I look for specials as I don't think it is worth $35.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Rolling Fields Golf Club.

Commented on 04/12/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Challenging but Fun

This course lives up to it's name. Very tough greens and several hidden tee/approach shots unless you drive the ball extremely well. I'd play here again but I'd have to have someone help me track my ball. Lots of trees with lots of pine needles. All in all, fun but hard.

Commented on 04/01/2019

Hello Brady. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Every Day Is A Good Day To Play Golf

I played after we had some rain and the course was in good shape. Parts of the course needed cut but otherwise everything was great. This is a very friendly course to play. Great pro at the course.

Good place to play.

The course is player friendly except for the sandtraps. They need some sand. The course is woman friendly. We actually have the chance to get on the Green in regulation. I am going to play in a league at Fields.

Won't be Back

As the name suggests, the course is very up and down and angled fairways. Many blind tee shots and shorter than normal. I consider myself an average golfer at best I played from the blue and it was very short. Parking lot is tiny & overall not a great value. I unfortunately will not be back.

Response from on 04/27/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Wide enough to slice.

Nice easy course to score well. Not long from senior tees. Well maintained green even for this time of year.

First time golfing at this course and the course has nice wide open fairways perfect for your average golfer or novice. Challenging 18th hole in my opinion because of the pond you have to hit over. The only negative thing I will say is they didn’t have a course official maintaining pace of play, felt rushed every hole but when your not a good golfer I guess you can expect that anywhere. Atleast when there’s someone keeping an eye on the play they can make it more suitable for everyone. Overall great experience. Will return for sure!

Great fall round

Fun course to play with my wife. The course is lady friendly with the tee placements. Still in pretty good shape for mid October.

Response from on 09/19/2017:
Hello Paul, thank you for taking time to review our course, Rolling Fields Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to see that you did not enjoy the course layout or conditions. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It looks like you did enjoy the pace of play and off-course amenities so we are happy to see that. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Pittsburgh, PA area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

How To Enjoy Golf, Play at Rolling Fields

The layout of the course to me is exciting. The course is taken care of constantly. The greens are great. I guess what is best is the course is very fair. You drive a good ball you are rewarded. If you mess up yes that normally brings trouble.

It is a great enjoyable time. With the beauty of the course and those challenging fairways.

Yes I love playing golf at Rolling Fields.

Course was in great shape

Course was in great shape which always adds to the enjoyment of playing.

Response from on 08/04/2017:
Mark, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rolling Fields Golf Club. We are glad that you enjoyed our conditions and layout. We apologize that we missed the mark with the pace of play this time. We hope to earn your business again in the Pittsburgh area for a faster round.
Murrysville, Pennsylvania