Rolling Fields Golf Course in Murrayville, also known as "The Fields" to regulars, boasts fast greens that are some of the area's best. The layout stretches across rolling green hills sprinkled with mature trees. There are plenty of interesting holes but the golf course is player-friendly enough for beginners to approach with confidence. The front nine is fairly straightforward with only trees and the occasional bunker causing trouble. The course gets more challenging on the back nine, which starts with the longest par 4 on the backside. Accuracy is a necessity on this tough hole with a narrow fairway and small green. Rolling Fields Golf Course boasts one of western Pennsylvania's premier finishing holes, a stunning par 4 with a lake that guards the front of the green. Even with all that the course offers, it is still one of area's most affordable.

Rolling Fields Golf Club

Year Built 1955
Architect John Chernega

Credit Cards Accepted None

Clubhouse

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Rolling Fields Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Dry

The fairways could use water, the ball would run 25 to 50 yards after it hit. The cart paths need rolled for smoother ride. All in all it was a good course.

Getting ahead

I was a single golfer today, and had a double and foursome ahead of me, and for me to get ahead of them, i had to skip holes 10,11,12 and 13. So hopefully I’ll get a chance to okay the full course one day.

Good time

The greens were in good condition, fairways are really not defined but consistent through the course,

Playing to a brown-out !

I can understand fairways & rough areas being a bit , shall we say , under the weather ! So perhaps a more concentrated effort could B made to ensure the condition of the greens ! Focus the water & fertilizer there ! Golfers will ALWAYS come to play any course with nice greens ! If that makes sense to me , it should make sense to you, as well !

Hard as a Rock

Crazy hard tee boxes, fairways, and greens. Dead grass for the most part. Might need a chiropractor after experiencing the "cart paths".

Commented on 07/08/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Rolling Fields Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/24/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing us. We see that you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop for further explanation. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rolling Fields Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hi Ethan. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rolling Fields Golf Club.

Pretty good

Greens were a little shaggy. Decent course, great people and service. Enjoyed a drink on the patio after. Cart was super slow as if the general needed adjusted. overall good time and value, sure I'll be back

No way 4 Stars!

The golf club owners or operators must be writing their own reviews. There is no way anyone objective gave this course four stars. The fairways are like cow pastures that have been landscaped by goats. They are patchy and rough. Of course, next to the cart paths , they are a smooth Parkway. If you had back problems, you would be on your way to the chiropractor or the emergency room after you’re around. If you didn’t have back problems, you will have them when you’re finished. All the ground is hard as a rock. The greens, although very green, are hard as granite. I put several good shots into greens that bounced at least 10 feet in the air, and then bounded merrily off the back. Not a ball mark yo be seen anywhere. ( I guess that is a good thing! ) No green would hold any shot at all. Additionally, they are unbelievably slow. It is very difficult to make yourself hit the ball hard enough to get it to the hole, even on a downhill putt. In addition, the distance markers are way, way off. The hundred yard markers are somewhere between 60 and 70 yards away from the center of the green. Some of the 150s were close to accurate, but most were not. The course has a lot of promise, but right now the main thing I would say that deserves four stars , Or rather the only thing that deserves four stars, is a very nice clubhouse and a very friendly staff.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi, Tom. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with some of the current conditions. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff, which is always great to hear. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Rolling Fields Golf Club.

FUN PLAYING GOLF

Golf is a great sport. What makes it a great sport when the COURSE makes it easier for you to participate. Great greens fairways. And great carts. No aggravation. So you are set to enjoy your day. The staff is special and the bar and food makes your day.
So come on out and Enjoy GOLF.

A PLEASURE TO PLAY GOLF

The entire staff and the people who play golf are the most friendly that I have played with.. The course played very well and if your patient you can score very well. Patience Patience.
Carts are nice and you can charge your cell phone.
HAVE FUN. I DO!!

EXCELLENT PLAY FOR GOLF

It was hot in the 90 degrees and the breeze helped especially in the shade. Yes shade. The greens are great and the fairways allow the roll. No.bagels.
It is Always fun and challenging to play this course. Your fellow golfers are respectful to each other. It is like playing with Family. Great food and a great bar. Come and enjoy.

Sanford Glick

I like the course

Rolling Fields is a challenging short course that has multiple holes that require good shot placement. It is not a well maintained course, but it isn't a cow pasture with a green. I've played far worse and far better. The staff is friendly and they have the minimum in amenities, a bar with hot dogs. I like playing but I won't pay the normal $35 fees, I look for specials as I don't think it is worth $35.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Rolling Fields Golf Club.

Commented on 04/12/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Murrysville, Pennsylvania