Brackenridge Heights Golf Course

Handicap 11 15 5 9 1 13 17 3 7
Par 4 4 5 3 5 3 4 4 4 36 72
Handicap (W) 7 13 1 11 3 17 15 5 9

Year Built 1918
Architect Tom Bendelow (1918)

Credit Cards Accepted Discover Welcomed

Amazing Food 3
9-Hole Rounds 7

Shame it was empty

The course is gorgeous and well taken care of. The best greens ive played in 20 miles. There are only 9 holes... but that didn't bother me... just play different tee box's. The course is usually dead during the week and if you can get on for under 20 bucks around noon I would strongly suggest it. NO ONE WAS ON THE COURSE... nice and relaxing... great food n drinks.

Private golf course

When I played this course, I was one of 3 groups out there which was a mystery to me. Conditions are good, course has some challenge to it, lady in pro shop was very friendly. I will definitely come back here.

Super course

This former private Country Club was in great condition. It had 2 challenging par 5's, 2 excellent par 3's, and 1 killer par 4. The shots to the greens played longer than the yardage markers would indicate. Overall it was a ghreat afternoon of golf!
Value for the Money Excellent

Brackenridge is a great course that is in very good shape and gives you a little challenge. It has a very good set up and it is a pretty open course so its hard to lose balls there.
Value for the Money Good

Fairways

The greens are in excellent condition, but the fairways need some work. My husband and I played frequently when it was Brckenridge Country Club. The updating is in very good taste. We had dinner there last year, and we like the food better this yr.
Quality of food & beverage Good
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Good

I'll be back

After being closed for the past few years, the new owner and staff have made this a gorgeous place to play. I would like to see additional tee locations for a potential "back 9". Other than that, it was spectacular. Not only will we be back to golf, but to test the amazing looking restaurant. Great job!
Quality of food & beverage Average

Nice 9-hole course

The course was a little challenging for me as a beginner, but not insurmountable. Advanced golfers would probably have no trouble. It is hilly and on a couple holes you can't see the pin. The grounds took divots very easily and I found myself replacing them on nearly every shot no matter the lie. Not a problem, I just assume that's a product of the back-and-forth rainy-hot weather we've been having. Staff was very friendly. Pro shop had the minimum basics, though there is a restaurant if you want real food. Carts were very quiet and in good shape. On a Friday midday there was one or two holdups with groups playing ahead of me, but they were friendly and tolerated me playing through, hacks and all. I ended up finishing my round of 18 in 2 and a half hours. I would have no hesitation going here again. It seemed very well-kept and I enjoyed running into geese and a groundhog during my round. Might be a good challenge for a beginner who is starting to get a feel for the game.
Quality of food & beverage Good

Challenging and Different

The course was in great shape in spite of the recent downpours that moved into our area. This is a very challenging 2900 yards that could wear down the best of players if not up to it. Staff were very friendly. Carts were clean and efficient (electric). The course was in very nice shape. A pleasant experience.
Value for the Money Excellent

Good, but could be so much better.

It's a shame. This former country club has all the right grasses in place to make the place fantastic, but apparently aren't willing to cut it as it should. The greens, which could be lightning fast are what I could call barely average for a public course. You can tell they aren't cutting them very much. Same with the fairways and tees. It's too bad - with the proper mowing, the place would have fantastic conditions. All in all, a good course, though. Our rd took 5 hrs, which was horrible. Granted, it was Father's Day and there were hackers around, but still. 5 hrs on a 9 hole course. Ouch.
Quality of food & beverage Average
Pace of Play Poor
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Average

Coming around

Coming around to where it was as a country club. It's not long, but forces you to hit a variety of shots.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019