Olde Homestead Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex

"Great course but"

stamill1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

I have played this course about 12 times and I love the layout Conditions were good except some aerified greens on the back which was not mentioned when I made the tee time. What I didn't like was the prison warden attitude it was fast Friday and they did warn me on the phone they want a 4 hour round at the start they told us we would monitored from the clubhouse talk about big brother the gps told you how many minutes you were behind. I found it hard to relax and enjoy the game. We played in 4 hours and 15 minutes and thankful no one came out and shot us.

"Great Conditions"

ozzone47's avatar
New York Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017
Previously played Used cart

Course plays longer than you think. Pick the right Tee's.

The greens rolled really well. A lot of up and down. Extra points for the windsock flagsticks.

"Pull carts are not allowed"

Schmitth's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

It is a great course. I do like to walk when playing a golf course, but when I'm forced to ride, I look at other courses to play. The course is hilly, and still walkable. Why they restrict you from having a pull cart on this course is a bit ridiculous.

"Decent variety with good challenges"

Steve3709753's avatar
Philly Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

First time back at this course after 2 years. We've had a lot of rain so the course was in good shape, but all are this spring. Hole variety is very good, and didn't have anything to complain about from tee to green.

They are more service oriented than many courses. Nice views, small but nice bar, lots of staff being helpful, everyone very polite. Everyone gives you the feeling that they appreciate your business, which is nice to be honest. So many courses forget that.

The course is a links style, and higher on the elevation so on this 60's day the wind made it chilly and the play a challenge at times. Not the courses problem, but I had to think which is good.

Some holes mess with your eyes and the water they have it placed well. Traps are grainy, more like a lot of small stones, but they were maintained and getting out of them was fair. Had two of those the manage today.

The had a snack bar in the barn on they way form 9-10, another nice touch. Play was still slow though.

Good course. Worth playing if you haven't. Still a good course with really good staff. you pay a bit more, but it's worth it once in awhile.

"Great layout & conditions"

SBMalone's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I enjoy playing this course a couple of times a year. The fast Friday's are great..Played 18 hole in less than 4 hours. The only negative was some of the pin placements were ridiculous. I assume the grounds person assigned to pin placement was having a bad morning.. I've seen pin placements in 8 inch cup and superintendent revenge tournaments in easier locations.

"Great Shape After a tough Summer"

ARMGolf's avatar
New Jersey Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I played this course in May of 2015 and 2016 and both times the course was in OK shape. I just played it again yesterday (8/29) on the invite of a friend who had a free foursome. Free is always good and even better we were literally the only ones on the course teeing off at 2:48 pm. I was pleasntly surprised. The Fairways, Rough and Greens were all in very good shape. The turf was thick and lush almost everywhere. I was not in a bunker all day but those in my group commented on the lack of sand in many of the bunkers. This course is a challenge and is a lot of fun. There are significant elevation changes and no two holes are remotely the same. The view from the 15th green is awesome. Stop, smell the flowers (or corn / soy beans as the course is surrounded by these crops) and take in the view. Given the condition of many other courses in the area, this was well worth the hour and fifteen minute drive. I'll head back soon

"Beautiful Links Course in Farm Country"

ssimpson502's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

We played this course on a hot, sunny Sunday afternoon. The course was beautiful! It's a links style course that runs through rolling hills and farm country. It was in great shape. The fairways and greens were pristine, and the speed of the greens was consistent from hole to hole.

The staff was amazing and amazingly friendly and welcoming. Everyone from Glenn in the proshop to Vic and Danielle in the bar did everything they could to make our day a fun and memorable one.

The carts have a GPS system which really helps if you're not familiar with the course. There is ample hydration on the course in the form of water bottles and the beverage cart.

The bar has a great deck to relax at after your round. The food was delicious, affordable and attractively presented. Kudos to the chef!

Overall, everyone in our group loved the course and wants to come back again. It's an hour drive for most of us, but everyone said it was worth it, and I couldn't agree more.

"Great course..."

EPramick's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Overall, the course was in great shape. Greens were pretty receptive and rolling pretty fast. Definitely made for a challenge. I felt it was a little pricey for a fall round in late October. The only gripe I'd have with the course is with the bunkers. It seemed as if there were a lot of small pebbles in the bunkers. The bunkers, themselves, seemed a tad on the hard side. It was a little difficult to get under the ball. Could be just me, cause I'm used to bunkers where the sand is looser and soft. But overall, the course was quite nice. And getting some warm-up balls and a bottle of water included in the cost of the price was a nice bonus.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"No push carts, really?"

adamoverdrive's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2015

It's an average public course with a nice layout. However, at almost $50 for a weekday round its well overpriced for the area (in the middle of nowhere.) So I figured I'd walk instead for $27, but then the starter tells me they don't allow push carts! Sounds to me like some elitist garbage. If you're going to overcharge and have a country club attitude you need to have the course to back it up.

"A Little dissapointed"

ARMGolf's avatar
New Jersey Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2015

I was staying in the poconos on a Friday night stay over and played Old Homestead on my way back home on Saturday morning. I've played OH a few times in the past 4-5 years and had enjoyed the course. This time around I was disappointed as about 6 greens had been punched, full of sand and very bumpy. the greens fee was $60 which isn't bad for a weekend round but they should have discounted given the shape of the greens. Course also had some bare spots in the fairway and rough that are starting to recover. There are four or five completely blind shores where you have to drive up the fairway to get an aiming point. The staff is very friendly, awesome cart girl on the day we played. Such a pleasant personality. The bar and kitchen staff as well as the gentlemen who checked us in were all equally friendly. I would play again but I'm not rushing back as it is about 1:30 minute drive and there are much better courses for the money that are closer.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"This links style par 3 course is fun to play"

John2322646's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2014

This is a great place to practice and an ideal place to learn the game. With holes ranging from 86 to 208 yards set on generally rolling hills you get a chance to test your short game along with bunkers to practice getting out of sand. The greens are in excellent condition. It is a great value costing little more than the price of a lg. bucket of balls.