Grand View Golf Club in North Braddock is one of the area's most challenging layouts. The course's 160 acres were carefully carved from a woodland hilltop. From its perch, the golf course overlooks the Mon Valley with views stretching to the Edgar Thompson facility, Western Pennsylvania's first and last major steel mill. The distinctive layout will test your creative shot-making skills. It may seem relatively short at 6,111 yards from the back tees but it feels much longer thanks to the rolling fairways and undulating greens. The tight fairways are lined with cliffs, brush, and trees, leaving little room for error. You should also be prepared for forced carries and tricky doglegs. Grand View Golf Club can be punishing for the low handicapper, but high handicappers will find this course to be a unique test of their skills.

Grand View Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Ferdinand Garbin (1996)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

A True Gem

This course is so much fun to play!! It is challenging and rewarding. The variety of holes, excellent condition of greens and fairways, and pleasant atmosphere makes this course a gem. I started playing Grandview in spring 2019. First time out, shot 100. I've played it seven times since then. The last time, shot 80. A personal best! This course teaches you discipline. I will continue to play as often as possible.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Your feedback is important to us, RJEs6cPRyLIW4RIkvCL7. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Grand View Golf Club.

Meh

I play this course every couple of years just to remind myself how truly strange it is. Fairways tighter than PGA tour stops, massive changes in elevation but great greens.
They cut the fairways back recently to aerate them but with no rain they are as hard as the parking lot and impossible to get a ball to hold on.
The greens were country club quality and an honest test.
At $18 with fees this course was sadly priced about right.

Commented on 09/23/2019

We appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that the course layout was not to your liking.

GRANDview

I can't think of a single thing that I don't like about this course.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, Tommy18. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Grand View Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/06/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Grand View Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Awful conditions, strange layout

The course was hard and there was dirt on most fairways and greens. It’s a very strange layout, and with the conditions being so bad, the only redeeming factor was a nice view. Would not recommend

Commented on 09/06/2019

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We do have a very unique course with a challenging layout and terrain that doesn't suit all golfers. We appreciate your feedback and hope you may return in the future!

cart path only

This course is difficult if you are not straight of the tee consistently. The only problem I had was the not being aloud to venture far from the cart path. when the ball is in the rough and sitting down. you often have to leave the cart some distance before you find the ball. make sure you carry 3 different options of clubs. fairways were dry and tee boxes aerated. not sure why the restrictions on cart paths only. made for a long round.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hello rico90210. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Fun Course, but slowwww

Played a Friday mid-morning round. The course is tight with lots of blind holes, but also fun and unique.

Only issue was the pace...it was way too slow. Not sure if they need to spread the times out, or enforce them better, but we waited on every tee, every green, sometimes 10-15 minutes.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hello u000003421095. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 08/19/2019

Please let us at the course know how we can improve for the future.

Very hilly, but cool views

The course has wide fairways and large greens. The 14th hole is unique, in that it's 162 yards, but like 150 feet above the green! Really cool views of the river and surrounding towns. A couple of the holes have blind shots, but the carts are GPS equipped so you get a good idea of the hole layout.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hiu8902932. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Grand View Golf Club.

Great deal for 18 holes, greens were in good shape, par three tee boxes need some attention. Tight fairways on some holes makes you play iron smart.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hello u108882663. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Amazing view, great challenge.

What a cool course. Grandview represents Pittsburgh like no course I have ever played in the da “Burgh”. A very challenging but fair layout cut into the mountains of Braddock. The views of Kennywood and the industrial area surrounding was truly breathtaking. How the course represented the “steel city” is in my opinion a must stop destination for anyone visiting or showing off our great city. The staff was friendly and accommodating. No two holes were alike and the front in particular had you think your way around and plan your attack on virtually every shot. There is a down hill par 3 that has you drop a wedge onto a green that is like cliff diving. I will be back as soon as I can to show off this gem of a course, but be forewarned to bring a couple extra golf balls because finishing this course with the same ball you start with is unlikely.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, KenJaneway! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Challenging. Amazing Views. Unbelievable layout.

Keep your Driver in your trunk, helmet buckled and seat belt on! This is a golf experience unlike any other. Very challenging yet very fun in a most interesting way.
Great staff of people who work here and if you survive, the 19th Hole is very rewarding.

Enjoy and Cheers!

Commented on 07/26/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Fuzzy124. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Picturesque. Challenging. Unique. Great People.

One of the more challenging course layouts I’ve played in Golf. The views are amazing and the people who work here are very friendly, hometown folks. A “must play” when in the Pittsburgh area. The 19th Hole is exceptional.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Your feedback is important to us, Fuzzy124. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Grand View Golf Club.

tough round

The course is in pretty good shape. Fairways are getting hard, so well placed shots can still find trouble.
A few bunkers are rocky but that seems to be the case for most local courses. member of our foursome lost 8 balls so plan accordingly. Staff is always accommodating here.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi rico90210. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Grand View Golf Club!

Lush fairways and beautiful tee boxes.

The course was in very good shape even with the heavy rains the day before, cart paths only was expected. Many blind holes on the back 9. We really enjoyed the round and will return.

Wonderful venue.

As always Grandview rises to the occasion. Despite a previous nights rainstorm, the course played very honest. The one caution I would give is to take extra golf balls. Some narrow fairways, along with woods and hillsides; may cause you to lose a few golf balls. Despite that, Grandview provides a challenging, yet enjoyable experience.

Commented on 07/03/2019

Your feedback is important to us, 0p3Xy8zuzAL8TBdiNAGo. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Grand View Golf Club.

Love / Hate relationship

I’ve played this course a few times. I enjoy it as the course is kept if good condition for a public course, but it is a challenging course with blind shots, unforgiving rough shots and many opportunities to lose your ball. I’m not a great golfer, so I know I will lose at least a half dozen balls here. If you’re not a truly accurate shooter, you will too. I play here to have fun with friends. I would not play here for money! I’m sure I’ll play here again.

Commented on 06/28/2019

Hi jdevaty. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Fun Challenge

The Monster on the Mon was in great shape given all of the rain we have had in the recent weeks. The course is truly a shot-makers course. It’s not a big hitters dream and the greens were kept very well. The only drawback would be the number of blind shots but when you see maybe the best views in Pittsburgh you will see what the course builders were faced with.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hi Panther86. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Great deal

The course was in good shape considering our weather of late. Very friendly staff.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for your review, u000003996395. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Grand View Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

West Mifflin, Pennsylvania