Grand View Golf Club in North Braddock is one of the area's most challenging layouts. The course's 160 acres were carefully carved from a woodland hilltop. From its perch, the golf course overlooks the Mon Valley with views stretching to the Edgar Thompson facility, Western Pennsylvania's first and last major steel mill. The distinctive layout will test your creative shot-making skills. It may seem relatively short at 6,111 yards from the back tees but it feels much longer thanks to the rolling fairways and undulating greens. The tight fairways are lined with cliffs, brush, and trees, leaving little room for error. You should also be prepared for forced carries and tricky doglegs. Grand View Golf Club can be punishing for the low handicapper, but high handicappers will find this course to be a unique test of their skills.

Grand View Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Ferdinand Garbin (1996)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Challenging Course - fun

The course layout is great, but you will lose golf balls. The greens were perfect speed and in great condition. Some of the fairways were burned out, but majority good.

Cart service was excellent and bar aftrwards great.

David5338622,

Thank you for playing with us! We appreciate your patronage and taking the time to send us your feedback of your time out on the course! We hope that you will come back again for another amazing day of golf!!

Featured

Perfect Greens on a Perfect Day

To start off this was the first round of the year that I had played. I got to the course and hit some putts on the practice green and they were perfect! This helped to increase my confidence before the start of the round. The ladies working in the pro shop were very nice. The course was in perfect shape. It had rained 3 or 4 days before I played so the course was just the right amount of soft but not so soft that everything plugged. You were able to hit balls right at the flag and have them stay right were you wanted. You could then walk right up to the putt and hit it right in. Overall this round of golf was excellent. I will absoultly play this course again and take anyone who comes to visit me to play this course.

JacobHatton,

Thank you for playing with us and sending your feedback of the course. We appreciate the review and look forward to your next round with us!

Grandview GC Mgmt

Better hit your irons straight

Outstanding challenging course

u823470895,

Thanks for the review! Please come back again soon!

Too Many Blind Shots

The greens are in great shape. However, the course has way too many blind shots for a course that is pretty narrow and extremely hilly.

u419035509,

Thank you for playing with us and taking the time to send us your feedback! We hope that you will come back again soon.

Love this course!

I play this course every time I'm in Pittsburgh. This course is short but very challenging. The views are incredible and the greens are always in excellent shape. If you like target golf course is for you. I highly recommend this course to anyone who lives in Pittsburgh or a must for anyone visiting.

Jon2121 -

Thanks for such an amazing review and sending us your feedback of the course! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time out on the course and look forward to your next visit with us!

Until then, all the best!

Sincerely,

A day after the us open

Great value and extremely challenging set up . Read previous reviews about a slow pace of play but found no problem at all . Greens were fast and in great shape . Course layout demands accuracy off the tee or you will be punished with uneven lies . It was a real challenge and will definitely play again if I'm ever back in the area

u462664339,

Thank you for sending your feedback of the course and round with us! We look forward to your next golf outing with us again soon!

Grandview GC Mgmt

A challenging course on top of a hill with grand views.

The scorecard includes information per hole to help you with play. Balls that hit off the side hills often roll across the fairway without stopping in a playable lie. I have played this course three times and would play it again.

Ignatios,

Thank you for playing with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round and will be back again soon.

Poor weather

Unique course carved into a cliff

I have played Grandview about 5 or 6 times since it opened. If I had a friend from Kansas, I would take them here, as you won't find a more hilly area course with views of Pittsburgh and the river valley. The course is tight, and some of the holes are so steep that depth perception will test your club selection. The carts have GPS, self scoring, and are governed for safety, as the cart paths are as steep as they come. The greens were in very good condition and quite quick for the wet conditions. My only complaints is the slow pace...... about 4:45. Also, due to the grade, some of the fairways are so difficult to hit, that you have to get lucky sometimes. To that effect, some good shots are not rewarded accordingly, and with the hills, some bad shots get great bounces back into the fairway. I think it evens itself out overall.

u000006369681,

Thank you for playing with us again and for taking the time to send your feedback of the course! We appreciate the review and will use it to work towards improving pace of play, course conditions and our golfers overall experience here with us! We hope that you will come back again soon for another great day of golf with us!

Grandview GC Mgmt

Lives up to horrible reputation

I'm always one to give things a fair shake.
Read some reviews of this course and it got crushed...and deservedly so.
Pace is beyond ridiculous. 2.5hrs and waiting on the 7th tee along with 3 other groups - yes I am writing this now because of being purely infuriated - and because I have the time too....
The course itself is a bit silly, but playable if you have been on it a few times.
I wouldn't recommend this course to anyone...ever!
Cart girl is very nice though. One bright spot for this place!

Mark3761538,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback of the course. We would like to apologize for the course conditions and pace of play while you were on the course. We are always looking to improve upon our golfers overall experience with us and will continue to strive for better course conditions, customer service and pace of play. We hope that you will give us another shot to exceed your expectations of us!

Grand View GC mgmt

Call first about greens!!!

I booked this course for two friends of mine and I for Easter sunday for 21$, so it is really tough for me to say anything that bad about it due to how cheap it was to play 18 with a cart. However, Im a stickler for greens and these ones were the worst I've seen in a long time. I understand it is early in the season but it made putting on them nearly worthless with the airated/sandy greens. If the greens wouldve been just a bit less sandy and actually cut I would've rated this course much higher. The front nine is a beast and frustrating due to all blind shots and lack of forgiveness. Back nine was much more open. Very interesting lay out and I would like to come back and play. However, I would definitely call first and ask what condition the greens are in before playing there. THIS IS A MUST !!!!

Horrible conditions

I understood playing in march in Pittsburgh especially after a day of rain the course wouldn't be in good shape. I called to see if the course was even open and the pro shop said yes. I was the only person on the course which was fine but other than it being a swamp, every single green was covered in sand! There was no point to putting. The ball couldn't even roll. That's fine if a course needs to do that for the greens but it is common courtesy to tell someone before they pay to play.

Awesome course that lives up to it's name!!!!

I recommend this course to every single golfer I talk to.... It's unique layout and well maintained course sets it aside from many golf courses in the Pittsburgh area. The view itself is worth going, but be sure to bring a couple extra balls or be willing to jump in the weeds and find another couple dozen. I play here a few times a year and every time I go I can't wait to play there again. Choose your clubs wisely and try to hit the ball straight you will pay for it. Overall, Grand View is not your average course which is what makes it great in every single way!!! Pace of play may be slow on the weekends but this is common almost anywhere from March-October.

Best Course In Pittsburgh

The golfcarts are awesome. Touch screen scourcard and GPS. Course s very narrow but in amazing condition.

GPS

All carts were equipped with a GPS device that were helpful in judging distances, locating other carts in blindspots and keeping within the cart guidelines for the day.

Great views! Great greens!

Played here while back home in Pittsburgh for thde labor day weekend. Enjoyed myself and loved the gorgeous condition of the greens. Challenging course, lost a couple balls. Would be tough for a high handicapper. Need to stay in the fairways or you're dead. Will definitely play here again!

Friendly Staff

Everyone from the people in the pro shop to the cart girl, were very friendly. The conditions of the course we're not good. Granted I played in late August , the fairways and roughs were hard as a rock. And pace of play was slow and at hole 7 we sat for 20 minutes then was never as bad.

Very close to downtown

The only knock on this course is the driving range.

It is I Grand View

Excellent greens and fairways . Blind shots made it a bit more difficult . A couple of easy par 3s and par 5s made for great scoring opportunities.

Choose club wisely

With a picturesque view of the city in the distance, this course offers many delights. But don't allow yourself to become too distracted because the course deserves and demands your attention to detail with your shot selection. From holes that have blind shots to hitting off an elevated tee to fairway/green below you, you'll need to rethink hitting the big dog to a more controlled wood or iron shot. But even at normal price, this course is well worth the price of admission and repeated play. Definitely one of my favorites in the 'burgh area.

Tricky Course

Very well maintained; tough club/shot selection off several tee boxes

West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Irwin, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.