Grand View Golf Club in North Braddock is one of the area's most challenging layouts. The course's 160 acres were carefully carved from a woodland hilltop. From its perch, the golf course overlooks the Mon Valley with views stretching to the Edgar Thompson facility, Western Pennsylvania's first and last major steel mill. The distinctive layout will test your creative shot-making skills. It may seem relatively short at 6,111 yards from the back tees but it feels much longer thanks to the rolling fairways and undulating greens. The tight fairways are lined with cliffs, brush, and trees, leaving little room for error. You should also be prepared for forced carries and tricky doglegs. Grand View Golf Club can be punishing for the low handicapper, but high handicappers will find this course to be a unique test of their skills.

Grand View Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Ferdinand Garbin (1996)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Fun course

Beautiful views, moderately challenging course. Some blind drives, some par 4s that you can't drive. Second time playing, would play again.

Nightmare Round

First timer at this course and I will never be back. Cart path only on every hole. They clearly overbooked and there was a 10-15 minute wait at each hole to tee off, followed by more standing around waiting for the group ahead of us to hit their next shot. At one point there was 3 separate groups waiting to tee off on the same hole. It took 3 hours to play 9 holes, so we figured we'd grab lunch before the back 9 and let the backup thin out a bit. We ordered a couple of beers and some sandwiches. My beer came to me with a fly floating in it (I know, appetizing). My sandwich that was supposed to come on a pretzel bun came out on a regular bun, which isn't a huge deal, but just added to the hits that kept coming. We finished up our lunch and came out to start the back 9 and there were 3 groups waiting to tee off at 10. At that point we decided to just cut our losses and call it a day. None of us were looking forward to another 9 holes of standing around and waiting for our turn to hit our shots.

Too narrow

The fairways are too narrow. In front of us, 6 guys are playing so they are too slow. We've skipped the hole, but 5 guys are playing at the next hole.

Loved the course, not the bar staff so much

First time at the Monster on The Mon and loved it. Intriguing holes, unique challenges. I think was prepared for the difficulty and blind shots by all the reviews and the starter, so as a result it didn't feel as intimidating. Fantastic views, great smart carts and despite a terrible week of rain, the course held up very well.

Bar staff was terrible. All we needed were 2 hot dogs at the turn. Completely unprepared, rude when asked, went on to other tasks before getting the food, complained about having to do it and threw the food on the rollers...without anything to handle it with. I work in the golf industry and this great facility does not need that kind of staff bringing it down.

The conditions and views were awesome. The greens rolled really true. The fairways are really tight and intimidating, but the course is kind of short so it's playable. The pace was pretty slow though. I went at 8 am sunday morning. The 4 some in front of me was just inconsiderate I think. Terrible players, terrible knowledge of what you're supposed to do. I'd definitely go back. Got it on gold now for 20$

Not your average course

Fun, challenging, and tight course. Very well kept with beautiful views that keep me coming back.

Grand View

I love this course! Beautiful scenery, and very challenging. They need to shut down the back 9 and fix the cart paths, but other than that, everything is fantastic.

wet conditions

This course is to difficult to make club selection from across fairway and keep a pace of play. Was only wet on two or three holes with smart GPS could have been 90 on most holes and cart path on those

Tight course with beautiful views

I have golfed this course a few times. I tend to enjoy it every time. It is kind of carved into a hillside, so you can pay pretty hefty prices for missing the fairway, with steep slopes on either side. With all of the blind shots, I find myself hitting a lot of provisional balls - if I don't literally see the ball come to rest, I don't trust that I'll find it. Not much in the way of sand/water.

GPS carts and blind shots

Great course, unparalleled views...
Lots of blind shots but the GPS carts are there to help.
I will be back

Wow

This was a hilly course, but great views! Had many blind shots that were a little trying for our first time. Bring a lot of extra golf balls for there is very little forgiveness if you miss the fairway or greens. The course was in great shape, and ya do not think about walking it. My only complaint was no restrooms on the course, and the driving range was BAD! The putting green a bit small.

Excellent Course for the Price

It had been raining very hard the past 2 days so the course condition was not all that great. But it was in better condition than I thought it would be. The staff was great and no one was out so the pace of play was amazing.
I will absolutely play this course again. It is difficult and really challanges one to hit the ball straight and pick the right club to use.

Great Challenge

Some fairways are tight, greens were in the winter mode (not easy to read and debris on them - to be expected at this time of year). Front nine greens were "punched" so played the back nine twice. Very early round, but a good day. Will return whent he weather is better.

Incredible views

Many holes had incredible views of Pittsburgh or nearby neighborhoods from a very high elevation- hence the name of the course. When we were there, the greens had been aerated within the last week or so and were quite rough, but otherwise the course was in very fine shape. The pace of play was excellent when we were there.

Course Improvements

Disappointed to find greens had been air rated (sp) and covered with sand. I believe the course and or Golf Now should be responsible to advise the golfers of repairs or upgrades performed to the course before booking. Allowing the golfer to decide if he wants to play. I wasted a day of golf because the greens were not in playable condition (ie bumpy and extremely slow ).

Solid

Great value through GolfNow. Course is still in excellent shape heading into the fall. Short but not easy due to tons of blind shots.

Tight Course

Great condition, fairways are tight and only need driver for a couple holes.

Plenty of ups and downs

I live quite close and on a soggy Labor Day I ventured over to check the place out. The elevated location offers unique views of western Pennsylvania. Not exactly beautiful but unique none the less. As soon as i walked in the pro shop some guy behind the counter barked "she'll be right back". I was a bit confused as if he was speaking with someone that he had previously conversed with. Eventually a nice enough female asked if I was going to play 9 or 18 and 18 would be 50 bucks as it was a holiday. I told her that I saw on "golf now" that there was 18 holes for 30 bucks if they would honor that. She told me I had to get that deal through them... So I jumped on my phone and $24.75 later I was sent to the first tee. I was paired up with 2 other singles and they sent us out in 3 separate carts. Very nice guys and we all played a similar game. The carts have gps and were new and well maintained. But due to the weather we were kept to cart path only. There were multiple fairways under water. The course definitely was a challenge. Many holes had varying elevations. There is a par 3 that has to drop like 9 stories. It only plays 110 but must have been 150. Pretty cool. Unfortunately for the one downhill there were plenty uphill. Some even led to multiple blind shots. 18 especially. The greens were pretty quick and had undulations which without careful putting could easily be a 3 jerk. I will for sure play this course again. I hope a bit more course familiarity can offer some better approaches on those mentioned blind shots.

good

Had a good time enjoyed . Had to play the course , kept driver in my bag except for 3 or 4 holes.Easy to lose balls got to hit it straight.

Beautiful Views

Beautiful course in great shape. Unbelievable views on just about every hole. Near perfect conditions especially for this late in the year. Staff was friendly and helpful. We ate at the restaurant afterwards and the food was very good. I would recommend anyone in the Pittsburgh ares play this course at least once. I also highly recommend riding even if you usually walk. The course is very hilly but still very playable.

West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Irwin, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.