Grand View Golf Club in North Braddock is one of the area's most challenging layouts. The course's 160 acres were carefully carved from a woodland hilltop. From its perch, the golf course overlooks the Mon Valley with views stretching to the Edgar Thompson facility, Western Pennsylvania's first and last major steel mill. The distinctive layout will test your creative shot-making skills. It may seem relatively short at 6,111 yards from the back tees but it feels much longer thanks to the rolling fairways and undulating greens. The tight fairways are lined with cliffs, brush, and trees, leaving little room for error. You should also be prepared for forced carries and tricky doglegs. Grand View Golf Club can be punishing for the low handicapper, but high handicappers will find this course to be a unique test of their skills.

Grand View Golf Club
Silver 70 5862 yards 67.5 122
Copper (W) 70 4721 yards 67.0 133
Scorecard for Grand View
Black M: 70.0/130 309 402 362 348 163 294 412 409 137 2836 504 182 392 371 161 365 337 361 587 3260 6096
Silver M: 67.5/122 307 347 296 346 153 292 410 407 125 2683 502 180 390 369 154 350 335 359 540 3179 5862
Gold M: 66.0/119 287 318 271 320 105 230 336 383 108 2358 485 171 369 295 143 348 316 319 499 2945 5303
Copper W: 67.0/133 284 270 248 306 100 223 336 292 98 2157 405 114 332 282 139 320 257 311 404 2564 4721

Year Built 1996
Architect Ferdinand Garbin (1996)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Plenty of ups and downs

I live quite close and on a soggy Labor Day I ventured over to check the place out. The elevated location offers unique views of western Pennsylvania. Not exactly beautiful but unique none the less. As soon as i walked in the pro shop some guy behind the counter barked "she'll be right back". I was a bit confused as if he was speaking with someone that he had previously conversed with. Eventually a nice enough female asked if I was going to play 9 or 18 and 18 would be 50 bucks as it was a holiday. I told her that I saw on "golf now" that there was 18 holes for 30 bucks if they would honor that. She told me I had to get that deal through them... So I jumped on my phone and $24.75 later I was sent to the first tee. I was paired up with 2 other singles and they sent us out in 3 separate carts. Very nice guys and we all played a similar game. The carts have gps and were new and well maintained. But due to the weather we were kept to cart path only. There were multiple fairways under water. The course definitely was a challenge. Many holes had varying elevations. There is a par 3 that has to drop like 9 stories. It only plays 110 but must have been 150. Pretty cool. Unfortunately for the one downhill there were plenty uphill. Some even led to multiple blind shots. 18 especially. The greens were pretty quick and had undulations which without careful putting could easily be a 3 jerk. I will for sure play this course again. I hope a bit more course familiarity can offer some better approaches on those mentioned blind shots.

good

Had a good time enjoyed . Had to play the course , kept driver in my bag except for 3 or 4 holes.Easy to lose balls got to hit it straight.

Beautiful Views

Beautiful course in great shape. Unbelievable views on just about every hole. Near perfect conditions especially for this late in the year. Staff was friendly and helpful. We ate at the restaurant afterwards and the food was very good. I would recommend anyone in the Pittsburgh ares play this course at least once. I also highly recommend riding even if you usually walk. The course is very hilly but still very playable.

Aeration

its a beautiful course, but the fairways were full of aeration, big dirt clumps covered the entire course on the fairways, so i am sure this is not a common thing, but it was frustrating with playing in that and also the constant lawn care trying to pick it up. maybe i just went there on a bad day, haha

I give Thumbs up !!

The course was in great shape but it is a tough track. You must be able to hit all kinds of shots there. Sometimes you would hit the fairway and your ball would roll down the hill because it's so steep.

Great course, amazing views.

The course was in excellent condition with very fast greens. A bit on the short side and a lot of "target shooting" tee shots. Used a driver maybe 5-6 times. Par 70, no par 5s on the front.

Exactly How I Remembered It

Greens are in impeccable shape and the course is in, overall, great shape. I would recommend bringing many golf balls, as any errant tee shot usually means a lost ball. Super difficult course, but there are scoring opportunities if tee shots are accurate.

Sgt Hacker

As a 1st-time player here, I found the course as challenging as you read about, Be prepared to play station-to-station golf with some steep downhill and uphill shots, as well as blind shots on which you need to follow the posted flags, trees and towers as guideposts. If you are accurate with your driver, you can use it, but if you are good with your long irons, you may wish to stick with them. I lost 8 balls by driving though the fairway or just not aiming properly. Fast, firm greens. Had a GREAT time, as I played with 3 others who knew the course, the weather was sunny & 78 w/slight breeze, and the pro shop/restaurant/beverage cart staff worked hard to provide great service. I might mention that the round was lengthy due to a heavy late Sat. afternoon crowd of Beginners, but the terrain & the vistas made up for it.

decent track

played from back tees for more challenging round
greens and fairways in good condition
played 18th from tips at nearly 600yds-very long and no temptation to fly water
deer and turkey on the course and great views

Beautiful, but TOUGH

The course is set high above one of the "three rivers" with wonderful views from most holes. It was in very good shape, although I would remind golfers to replace divots and fix ball marks on the greens. The greens were true and well-kept. There were a few blind holes, which made it difficult, as well as narrow fairways. That said, I lost three balls during the entire round and was quite pleased with my play. I would definitely play this course again, and I recommend it to folks, as long as you hit the ball STRAIGHT!

Great time

If your looking for a challenge, this course is for you. Great place to play. First time at Grand View and it won't be the last time there.

Grandview

Tight course, great shape, if your not straight you better bring back goat shoes

Late afternoon with a threat of rain.

We had a 5:26 tee time and got right off. Course was in great shape. The only issue was it rained on holes 14&15 and the in cart scorecard did not work nor did the GPS. Overall we had a great time and play this course regularly.

Unique, Great views and challenging

This was the most interesting course I have played this year. Reminded me a little of course I played outside Pinehurst called Tabacco Road. Blind shots , Steep slopes on most holes, Dramatic elevations that were interesting but shooting a 94 I still lost 8 balls, Now having played the course, the next time would be better but its still a tough course if you cant keep it straight. Was lots of fun and entertaining but losing all those balls wasn't good for score.

nice course, very hard

Course in great shape....prepare to lose a lot of balls if you stray from fairways

Long day!

My wife and I signed up for a tee time on Golfnow.com. We arrived about 45 minutes prior to our tee time. The gentleman in the pro shop said go ahead to the first tee and that the starter may get us out early. He paired us up with a father son twosome. The starter warned us that play would be slow. The foursome in front of our group were unbearably slow. By the time we got on the third tee, the GPS in the cart said that the time elapsed was 1:06...3 minutes behind pace of play. I don't know who comes up with the pace of play but if 1:06 for two holes is only 3 minutes behind pace but that person needs their position evaluated. I am an average golfer with a 12 handicap and my wife does not hit a ball further than 120 yds. We were never permitted to play through. I think a Ranger could have helped this issue. Next we arrive at the 9th tee and are asked if we would like to order anything from the clubhouse. My wife and I both ordered a hot dog with fries, a soda, and a draft beer. 20 minutes, after waiting to hit our tee shot on the par 3 9th and playing the hole ourselves, we arrived at the clubhouse to a waiting time of 15 more minutes for our fries. Then the bartender finally decided to ask us what we wanted to drink. Our playing partner twosome only played 9 holes. We arrived at the 10th tee only to notice that two groups had jumped in front of us. Now we had to wait on the previously mentioned slow foursome and two more groups of twosomes. We joined up with a twosome that came up behind us. My wife and I had to quit after the 15th hole due to time restraints. It was already 6:10pm and we started at 1:45. As we rode past the slower foursome, there wasn't another group in front of them for the three hole ride in to the clubhouse. I enjoyed the condition of the course and the degree of difficulty of the course but probably will not come back due to the service.

First time

Course was in very good shape but overall the layout on the front nine was a bit repetative. The back nine was very good and very enjoyable. I would play again for the discounted rate.

challenging

One the nicest maintained course in the Pittsburgh area. Short but tight and hilly . You could leave your driver in the bag on most holes. Some very nice and challenging holes.

Unexpected gem

Wildlife, views of Pittsburgh and Kennywood, and beautiful greens/fairways.

hidden gem

i grew up down the hill from grandview played over 20 times will keep playing ... great golf but on rain days or any rain the place gets kinda nasty good but nasty :D u would have to b crazy to walk all 18 ..... once u know how to play the course and hit all blind shots it gets really fun... if yur a beginner u might want to quit after a rd lol.... fyi bring balls .... tip for first time players is play off the hill sides and let it roll down to fairways..... this course in in my top 5

West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Irwin, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)