Chapel Hill Golf Course in Reading enjoys a scenic backdrop of mature forests. The tucked away locale provides a peacefully secluded setting that is ideal for a round of golf. While it may not seem like a long layout at just under 6,150 yards, you'll soon forget about any lack of length once you get on the golf course. From the very first hole you're confronted with a water hazard, a stream that weaves around five other holes. The layout forces you to think through each hole, making the tough decision between going for it or laying up. Accurate shot placement is crucial throughout the golf course, especially on the back nine where there are several tricky doglegs and tough uneven lies. Mature trees tightly line the fairways at Chapel Hill Golf Course, and the greens are framed with strategically placed bunkers.

Chapel Hill Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Don Holloway

Clubs No

Great Track

Course was in excellent condition for mid November. Greens rolled fast and true. Shotmakers course with many small streams and ponds and out of bounds.. Love this course

Commented on 11/27/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Chapel Hill Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course is in the best condition it has been in a long time, very nice!

Commented on 09/20/2019

Fix Cart Paths

I really like this course and would rate it a 5 if the cart paths would be maintained. I have played this course for 14 years and I have complained about the cart paths and they never seem to get fixed. I believe more people would have tournaments there and there ratings would improve if they fixed the cart paths.

The staff are great and they have a good selection of food at the club house.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hello, Chris6715061. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Chapel Hill Golf Course.

What Happened???

The greens are the only positives about this course — as everything else needs work. The fairways, sand traps, tee boxes and cart paths need some serious TLC!!! I know it only $42 on the weekend but even that is too much. Sorry but I cannot lie to my fellow,golfers. Very disappointing because it wasn’t always this way.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi cwimer62. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Chapel Hill Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Commented on 07/30/2019

Hello, u000008202443. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Chapel Hill Golf Course!

Good Day

The staff are friendly and helpful. The course was in good shape. Nice layout with beautiful views.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Course Conditions

We play two - three times a week at many of the surrounding courses and today at Chapel Hill was disappointing. The greens, fairways, and even the “rough” were all in bad shape. The sand “concrete” traps looked as if they haven’t been raked in weeks. The weather has been great all week and the fairways weren’t cut. Some of the greens were bare in spots. Needs some TLC.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Hi JTHolota. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Chapel Hill Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Chappell Hill

Sand traps need cleaning and cart path are terrible.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Plays Once a year

great day with a friendly staff!

No issues with the course , even them hosting an event at the same time of my tee time. slow day, they offered to pair me up with a couple golfers for a foursome for the back nine.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Tough course

This course is an extremely well maintained 18 hole course in Southwestern Berks County . It is one of our toughest courses in the county . It is very well maintained . The grass is cut to perfect length as to greens , fairways or the rough . I play this course as one of my must plays each year . I do enjoy its style of play . It’s not for the beginner . Unless a 130 is acceptable for one’s first round . The pro shop area is very small . The bar and lounge area is a bit larger .

Conditions still good

Despite some unusually heavy rain, the course was in good shape and they have done a great job fixing bridges that washed out in severe rain storms. Can't help but wonder if it would be better to ditch the hot top on the cartpaths in some locations, put in a good gravel base, geotextile an then stone dust.....packs well and much easy to repair......not just at this course.....many in the region need to work on their paths.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Excellent Berks / Lancaster county Golf Destination

Chapel Hill Continues to be a beautiful golf course that plays through a beautiful wooded setting in Berks County. The course is manageable for the novice golfer while still providing challenges for the advanced golfer with its water and woods. The clubhouse staff and management continue to build lasting relationships with customers.

Commented on 07/15/2019

Hello, Lafronc10. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Lots of Improvements

Chapell Hill has made some great improvements and I was pleasantly surprised on the first outing there in 2019. The site amenities had improved, the course conditions had greatly improved....hole numbering was better and overall it was a great outing. The cart paths need some improvements but I have found that to be true at several other courses as well. Chapell Hill is well worth the trip for those that want to play the game........

Commented on 06/26/2019

HiSW7i3DiXeoEYpeRnnEyh. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chapel Hill Golf Course.

Memorial Day Golf

I enjoyed a nice round of golf on a perfect this past Memorial Day 5/27/19! Chapel Hill is the kind of course that grows on you. It has a mix of nice, very playable holes to challenging but not overly hard holes. Its' the kind of course you have to play a few times to figure out where to hit the ball and how to putt the greens. I will definitely return to Chapel Hill!

Pace of play

Went off as a twosome with a reservation. Watched two singles walk up in a rush to get out ahead. Let them go no problem, by the 4th hole there were 5 singles trailing us. Why why why, would the course not pair them up! Absolutely ridiculous and for that reason I will not play the course again. By the way, we played incredibly fast and played disgusted that the course allowed.

When you're here your family

Its always nice to walk in and be welcome like your family. Great family run business rising up dealing with the struggles of tremendous amounts of rain. Course is in great shape, greens are beautiful. Alway a fun time at the 19th.

Nice course, horrible cart paths

I played here for the first time last week. I enjoyed it! The course requires every shot in the bag. Nice variety, pretty landscape, and well kept. My greatest complaint is that the cart paths were in horrible condition! And I was there after the rain when it was cart path only. Even yet, I would go back and play here again

Big changes

Lots of improvements already this year, the removal of some of the trees that made for some challenging shots in the past has really opened up the course. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this season and give the course a chance to completely dry out!

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania