Chapel Hill Golf Course in Reading enjoys a scenic backdrop of mature forests. The tucked away locale provides a peacefully secluded setting that is ideal for a round of golf. While it may not seem like a long layout at just under 6,150 yards, you'll soon forget about any lack of length once you get on the golf course. From the very first hole you're confronted with a water hazard, a stream that weaves around five other holes. The layout forces you to think through each hole, making the tough decision between going for it or laying up. Accurate shot placement is crucial throughout the golf course, especially on the back nine where there are several tricky doglegs and tough uneven lies. Mature trees tightly line the fairways at Chapel Hill Golf Course, and the greens are framed with strategically placed bunkers.

Chapel Hill Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Don Holloway

Clubs No

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Fair course

The general condition of the course is fair. Marshy to dry rock hard greens. Dirt spots and thick grass on the green. For the price there are other courses in the area that are cheaper and in better condition. Staff was polite, but young male at front desk seemed either new or unknowledgeable.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hi u5694246. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Chapel Hill Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

A "Par" Course

The course was okay. It had received some heavy rains overnight so drainage on the course was a little poor in some fairways, but greens were in good condition. Some tee boxes definitely needed a little TLC and the cart paths definitely need work. We'd play again if the price was right.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Chapel Hill Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Challenging and fun for a good price

Good layout. Greens are well maintained. Very friendly staff. Cart path needs lots of work.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, JPACANA! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chapel Hill Golf Course!

Desk clerk was ignorant

So my partner and i arrived 20 mins early, it was already raining for a little while. the weather forecast was for a tropical storm moving into the area for the remainder of the day. i know Golf Now's weather policy(which is terrible by the way) is no refunds unless the course closes. tried to talk to the desk clerk to get rain checks and he informed us that would be impossible and that we shouldn't have taken the chance and booked through Golf Now. So we have a tropical storm warning a small stream flood watch (by the way one passes through the course} a flash flood watch, golfers leaving the course without finishing due to conditions but nobody wants to be responsible and do the right thing. I can honestly say that both Golf Now and Chapel Hill both lost all my golf gangs future business over a couple of rain checks!

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/22/2020

Hi newt88. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Chapel Hill Golf Course.

Covid 19 Alert

Safety procedures have been abandoned at Chapel Hill. The firm has been removed from the cups. It is unclear as to whether the cards are still being sanitized. Neither the attendant in the pro shop or the waitress in the snack shop or wearing masks .

Commented on 07/10/2020

Always fun

Always enjoy this course. Has a lot of variety per hole and is always a challenge for shot selection

Commented on 07/10/2020

A little challenging in some areas but good to play.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Easy but tricky fun course

1&1/2 hour drive. It was worth it. Lots of fun and challenging at the same time. Told friend about it. We will be back

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mGLk4Mxgvnh80SO1NB7g! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chapel Hill Golf Course!

OK but need some upgrade in Fairways

Good golf course but need some maintenance and/or upgrade in Fairways. They are really dry and feel like a concrete. Nice greens but too slow.

Commented on 07/02/2020

Hello, u000005535378. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

This course needs attention.

Cart paths are really bad, and maintenance is only fair. Greens were nice, but bridges and signs need attention.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, rwlhard. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hello, u314160293904. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Always enjoyable

We have played here 5-6 times a year the past 5 years. The course is always fun and a challenge. It has so much variety it always keeps you on your toes and provides a great outing.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Commented on 05/26/2020

On the fence

First off, sorry to the group I buzzed with my ball while I was playing the 190+ yard uphill par 3. First time playing and ended up playing by myself. A little knowledge would of helped.
Played the first weekend available after covid restrictionists lifted. Chapel hill had 3-4 days notice they could open. The greens were the best part of the course. Almost everything was shaggy. Including the MANY area’s of dandelions.( hopefully I can figure out how to post a photo) The ones you pick up and blow into the wind. Made it very hard to find a golf ball. Frustrating. I spoke to a regular and he said it’s as if they did nothing. From what I saw, I’d agree.
I liked the elevation changes thru the course and the fair amount of water around.. mostly straight forward and a couple tight shots. a little over 6000 yards from the back tees. Some bunkers were unplayable, and not because of rain.
Chapel hill is 60 miles from my house. If I get a deal, I might goback and hope to see the course in better shape.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, andrewcipolla. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Chapel Hill Course is one of my favorite places to play. Great rates, friendly staff, good beers and always a good time! Book a time at this awesome course!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, cdctrumpet! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chapel Hill Golf Course!

Very little caring by staff, as they let us out behind a shot gun start, very slow playing, league or small tournament.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi Choochup. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Chapel Hill Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Closed

Made a tee time and got confirmation. Paid the $8+ for convenience. Got there and they were closed. No sign. No message on their machine. Nothing on GolfNow. Sooo... how do I get my money back? I’ve played the course and I like the layout. But come on. I’ll definitely play here again in the spring but obviously not in the winter. GolfNow or they need some information updating.

Commented on 01/15/2020

Hi dieselbeast. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Chapel Hill Golf Course.

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania