Northampton Valley Country Club

Staff Friendliness

Northampton Valley Country Club has been a family-owned golf course since first opening in 1963. It is well known among locals as one of the Greater Philadelphia area's best courses. The layout has a classic design with tree-lined fairways and gently sloped greens. Several strategically placed bunkers lurk along the greens and there are a few water hazards that come into play as well. The par-70 golf course is a manageable 6,400 yards from the back tees. It's a traditional design that is player friendly enough for all skill levels but there are risk-reward opportunities that will appeal to low handicappers. In addition to the golf course, Northampton Valley is popular for its practice facility. The driving range allows for long game practice as well as a chance to hone your iron skills, and the 10,000 sq. ft. putting green has a sand bunker.
Northampton Valley Country Club
Yellow 70 5263 yards 64.3 111
Scorecard for Northampton Valley Country Club
Blue M: 70.9/126 328 338 218 410 185 388 530 410 315 3122 366 433 422 400 545 170 388 349 207 3280 6402
White M: 69.8/121 316 333 192 398 170 367 500 405 305 2986 357 415 395 372 530 161 362 340 184 3116 6102
Red/Yellow M: 68.0/113 303 328 162 322 146 300 359 351 260 2531 315 372 295 288 406 156 262 330 148 2572 5103
Red W: 68.0/113 293 318 162 322 146 300 359 351 260 2511 315 372 295 288 406 156 262 330 148 2572 5083

Year Built 1964
Architect Ed Ault (1963)

Nice course but slowest pace in the area

The course is well maintained sans a few beaten up greens here and there, however I've never played a round here that's less than 5 hours. Yesterday finished at 5:45 hours. No rangers keeping pace, stopped at every shot on the box and in the fairway. They have a nice course but this pace is every time I come out to Northampton
Staff Friendliness Average
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Good

Went downhill

I played here 2-3 months ago and in my opinion the course has gone down hill in that time. It is over an hour drive for me, and nothing there is driving me to go back.. Also the course ends with a very nice and long par 3. Today when our group left the 17 we noticed a group on the green and 3 groups on the tee. That shouldn’t happen. We all gave ourselves par and called it a day. so I will not be returning.
Off-course amenities Average

Green Lightening

Tough fast greens I wish all courses would play this fast so I could get used to it.

Waste of time/money

Rude staff, trash all over course, tee box’s are a mess, beer cart/ranger drive and sit on fairways when teeing off, bugs everywhere, very distracting (surrounded by public park), pace of play was awful. Starter allows groups to jump in front of you. Don’t waste your money. 18 is a par 3.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average

Course layout and conditions are good enough

Course layout and conditions are good enough but way too many gnats.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Good

Easy Day

The course was in excellent condition, the staff was very accommodating and other than the slow pace of pay for the 1st 9 holes, it was an easy day of golf. The greens though were a tad quick for my putter.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Value for the Money Excellent

SLOW SLOW SLOW

I’ll start with the positive. The staff is friendly and generally speaking, the course is in good shape. When I say he course, I would exclude the tee boxes which were rock hard, chopped up, and in rough shape — the worse I’ve seen in years. But oddly enough, the rest of the course was in good shape?! This round reminded me why I don’t play this course very often. The hot deal offer was just too good to refuse so I ventured back. I recall playing a 6 hour round and walking off after 16 holes because of darkness. My last several rounds were much more reasonable in terms of pace of play, but we suffered through a nearly 5 hour round. We started timing the guys on the green who must have been playing for money because they took upwards of 5 minutes to hit their putts and they lined up every putt. Even the 3 inch tap ins. I’d like to say I’m exaggerating, but I’m not. The course was marshaled and while he spoke to the painfully slow foursome on multiple occasions, he basically let four guys ruin everyone’s round. He obviously knew of this group because he said they were notoriously slow so if they’re regulars, I’m not going back. By the time we hit the 16th hole, there were three foursomes waiting to hit. At the end of the day, my guess is there was a course full of angry golfers. If I were the course managers, I’d ban this group because I’d rather lose four golfers than the 60 of us behind them.
Off-course amenities Excellent