Skytop Golf Course sprawls across rolling hills set against a backdrop provided by the beautiful Poconos. The course originally opened in 1927. It has a classic design with traditional features including wide fairways, but the trees that line them have matured into quite the challenge. The 6,656-yard length may seem short by modern standards but don't get too comfortable. This mountain golf course features a variety of elevation changes and nowhere is this more apparent than the small greens where the breaks can vary from subtle to dramatic, but they are almost all unexpected. The greens also play lightning fast. Strategically placed bunkers are lurking throughout but thankfully water only comes into play on two holes. Skytop Golf Course offers plenty of scenic respite as well, with panoramic views of West Mountain.

Skytop Lodge

Year Built 1929
Architect Robert White

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirts are required. Jeans and tank tops are not allowed.

Great fall day!

4 deer on 17 and 7 turkeys on 18, 3 of which sat on a fence. What a great day for golf and a beautiful course. Stay out of the rough.

Shaggy greens

Played this course twice this season. Both times the greens were the slowest I've ever encountered on a resort course. The course is beautiful. The layout is great but when you have to "slam" the ball to get it to roll 20 feet it makes it very difficult to enjoy your round. On both occasions we played another course in the same area and the green conditions were excellent. So blaming weather or weather conditions for the poor green conditions does not cut it. It's a real shame because it's a nice course and beautiful area.

Beautiful Course

The course was in impeccable shape. The staff are so very friendly. Carts are clean and in great shape. If I were to have one small complaint, it would be the signage between the 6th to 7th holes, and 12th to 13th. That is it. Otherwise its perfect. An enjoyable and fun course to play.

Beautiful course, friendly staffs

review

I and family played a round while we stayed in Skytop Lodge. The autumn scene on course were so beautiful. The hole 10 and hole 18 are very interesting. One is tee up high by the water, ball fly over the water down to fairway; then we riding through a wooden bridge to fairway. The water fall is right under us, great sounds and smells. The hole 18, you need to get your ball fly up over a cliff to green. So Challenge and interesting.

We left a wedge on course that day and didn’t realize until we came back home. I called the pro shop, they mailed it to me immediately. Love there, will go again definitely!

Mountain Heaven

Course was in great shape. Greens were a little bumpy, not from aeration but from dead spots. Great views and some tough reads. Overall I really liked it. People were very friendly.

1st impressions Count

Perfect weather today for a great round on a great track. Definitely recommend for anyone who haven’t played here before to head on over. Great layout but for the short hitters, beware. Really plays long. Downfalls - no senior tees, 5700 yrds is long for ladies tees and seniors. Now most importantly, 1st impressions really count. Rich in the pro shop needs to be spoken to and taught how to great guests when they arrive and are paying money to your establishment to play golf. Luckily the bag drop personal and starter made up for someone who shouldn’t be your main face for guests checking in. I set this round up for my parents today who are both golf course employees from Myrtle Beach SC and was very upset when I spoke with them today.

Worth playing.

I enjoyed the course. Fairways wide enough to keep out of trouble with a reasonable tee shot. Beautiful views on this scenic course. I thought the greens were pretty tough to read but they were certainly large enough. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I think it is after the 6th hole that you need to be aware of where you go because you can end up going to the wrong tee box. Ask before you head out. The only complaint for the day was the pace of play. We flew through the front nine but had to wait on every hole on the back. We were a twosome. We’ve played the course twice before and the pace was great. I chalk it up to it being the 4th of July. Go and enjoy this nice venue!

Meh

This was the first time in a couple of years we golfed here and it may be a couple of years before we go back during the summer. In deference to the course we were told they were going to be busy that morning (our tee time was late morning), but having a course smack in the middle of any resort is a juggling act. The second hole in particular (last time we were here, it was the 10th hole), resort guests just walk across the fairway without a care in the world. We had to wait minutes as two oblivious guests moseyed across the fairway. Later in the round we caught up to a foursome who were doing who knows what. We are all for promoting the game, but resort guests ( I am guessing because some were wearing bathing suits) setting a snail's pace (no rangers around) because they felt like "golfing" does not make for a fun round for everyone following. We know the twosome behind us eventually gave up and just left. It is an interesting course with many decent holes, a reasonable green fee and a nice finishing hole, but there are too many non golf related distractions that prevent me from recommending this course during the peak season. I would recommend playing this course during the non summer months (or first tee time of the morning during summer?), for a better golfing experience.

Great until

Had a great front 9. Quick pace and moved through. Starter snuck a group in front on 10 since they had an outing on the front 9. Pace stopped and backed us all up (4-5 foursomes). Group was really rude and belligerent and of course there was no ranger anywhere. Really a shame.

Staff at pro shop was miserable

Made the tee time prior Monday with coupon I had purchased and the person asked if I had a coupon and I said yes. He responded negatively “ figures”. I confirmed the time and when my foursome showed up they didn’t have the tee time but because there was a time open we were able to play. Person at the golf desk was miserable and so unfriendly Was like we did something wrong. A complete la k of personality. What a jerk. Coupon said it included range balls. But we were then informed they wouldn’t honor it Course was fine pace was fine but staff member could use a personality doubt we will return

Terrible conditions.

Got to the course to find out it is cart path only. Booked on golf now so cannot get a refund if I do not play. Plus drove an hour to get there. It was so wet, it squished almost everywhere we walked. We hit a nice drive and it is laying in mush with grass so long it is difficult to find the ball. We were not told the greens were recently fertilized. It smelled so bad, making us sick to our stomachs that we did not finish our round. Worst round of the year. Very disappointed.

All of the sand traps under water,,,,fairways wet and notcutin days,,,muddy and,tee boxswere in poor condition

Too many long par 4's

Way too many long par 4's. And 3 par 3's 180 plus. 9 handicap, but 63 years old, with some short par 4's makes the 6300yds plus from the whites that much longer. Very nice course and nice condition why I gave it 4 stars but if your not real long, no chance to score. No senior tees so that wasn't an option. Recommend the course with the qualification of some of hole's length.

South Sterling, Pennsylvania
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
Hawley, Pennsylvania
Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.