The Carolina Club Golf Course
Scorecard for Carolina Club
Black M: 73.4/127 385 194 425 574 235 606 166 371 504 3460 428 409 568 398 175 328 479 219 488 3492 6952
Gold M: 70.8/124 356 183 414 522 218 551 158 350 488 3240 411 386 526 381 162 323 440 200 475 3304 6544
Blue M: 68.6/120 340 167 396 494 170 520 143 332 467 3029 388 364 489 345 145 308 416 169 449 3073 6102
White M: 65.8/114 W: 65.8/114 317 150 369 438 147 461 129 302 448 2761 322 316 460 321 132 274 346 147 423 2741 5502
Red W: 67.2/118 285 116 324 386 138 430 116 243 390 2428 293 261 430 276 118 267 277 110 395 2427 4855

Year Built 1998
Greens Bentgrass

19th Hole Specials 10

Great course to play a round of gokf

First time I played the his course. We have a great time. The staff was very friendly and very professional. Can’t wait until I return next week.

Windy day, excellent course condition, great pace

Second time playing this week, very windy day but great course conditions and excellent pace of play. Really enjoy the layout, very fair course, pretty forgivable if you spray a few shots. Staff suggested we go off before several bigger groups, allowed us to have a great pace of play. Will be back. Thanks.

Slow pace on a Wednesday around noon

I have played this course many times before and continue to come back. Usually in good condition and the staff is outstanding. The course was in good shape, the pace was just very slow, had I played 18 would have been a 5+ hour round. I was a single so it is what it is. Great GolfNow hot deal. Thanks.

Need to play it again some day when it's dry

There had been a heavy rain the day before, so the course was quite wet and cart path only. Several spots did not seem to drain well, but overall, my round was a pleasant one. Fairways were generally wide, and the greens were decent. I'd love to play the course again some day when it's dry.

Commented On 02/13/2019

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business. We hope you can get out to play Carolina Club again once it dries up!

Carolina Club

I love this course. My only complaint would be the driving range. Really limited to 7 iron and under. Course is great and always in great shape. Greens are always fast so hit the putting green.

Winter golf

Overall condition of the course for the time of the year was in good shape. Always an enjoyable round of golf. Staff is very friendly and helpful

Carolina Club golf course

This was my first round of golf for the year and unfortunately it was cart path only but maybe that helped me take my time and concentrate on my shots. Played bogey golf and could have scored better with it if I wasn't careless on a few shots. The greens grab the ball so you have to be aggressive with your chips to get the ball back to the flag. Wood play this course again and recommend it to others to definitely play this course.

Commented On 03/03/2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We are looking forward to spring and hope you can join us again when conditions are drier! Thank you for playing The Carolina Club!

First round of the year

Just popped in to North Carolina for a week vacation and decide to go out to Carolina Club golf course. Did not know really what to expect since this is my first time out at this course. Unfortunately because of previous rain it was cart path only but due to the cold and windy conditions and early time of the year there was limited people out on the course which for me was a good thing. The course grabs the ball a bit so I was not able to be aggressive enough to get the ball to the pin on some of my chips but all in all it was a good round of golf with some challenging holes. It just forces you to make some decent shots out there to score well. I would recommend this course to play for others who are down in the area and who have their sticks along.

Commented On 03/01/2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again at The Carolina Club. Unfortunately, it's been unusually wet so while the conditions are good, we are looking forward to drier weather.

I'll Be Back

This course was pretty challenging, especially given the wind that day.Par 3's are longer and challenging, very nice. Being from the Northwest the Bermuda is way different and challenging if you have never played out of it. GREENS were fast and break true, even in late November with unusual cod temps and rain. Friendly staff and members.

Great day to play golf..

We enjoyed our golf at Carolina Club. Have played the course ,many times previously. Some of the greens were in bad shape, but it has been really hot. You need to get rid of some of those Canadian geese! Grill lunch was great and affordable. Thought the rate was a little high.

Carolina club

Although the greens had been aerated a few days earlier the course was still in great shape.

Still trying to figure this place out

We were staying on OBX for a week and decided to bring the sticks. Reviews said this is the best public course near OBX, so we booked on GolfNow for a weekday - it is just the start of Off-Season - so price was pretty good compared to high season rates.
There was hardly anyone there when we played (Thurs mid-day, early Sept), so we putzed around at the range and putting green, let another group go ahead of us so we had someone to follow (1st time there). It had rained an inch the day before, so it was Cart Path Only, which changed the dynamic a lot, plus the fairways weren't all mowed recently, and traps were thick sand. Found a lot of OK holes, a few real nice ones, and a few pretty boring ones. We played a mix of blue/gold tees: mostly gold unless the required carry was too long: and tried to mix up the distances on the par-3's (seem all to be 170-ish). Tees were fine, even on the par 3's they weren't too beat up.The (bent grass?) rough is really grabby - hard to get the club on the ball. I guess it's the penalty for being in the rough, but it became frustrating.
The greens were OK: putted true and held pretty well, yet a bit inconsistent as far as amount of grass on them so hard to gauge speed sometimes.
The people there were really nice, treating guests almost like at a private club. And the quick BBQ sandwich at the turn is only $5.50 and it's really good!
Overall, we had a good time and were pleased with the course/experience. But if we had paid peak rates, I don't know if it would have been worth it. Still thinking about it overall - if this is the 'best of OBX' golf, maybe next time we'll save our money and just enjoy the beach that we paid a ton of money to stay at.... golf in PA is just as good and cheaper.

Commented On 09/12/2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your visit to The Carolina Club. We are glad there were aspects of the course you enjoyed. Thanks again for playing with us while on your visit to the OBX.

Annual Pleasure

I get excited to play this course every year when I return to the Outer Banks with my family. I absolutely love the layout of this course. Lots of variety for every player out there. You won't be disappointed!!!

Commented On 09/07/2017

Thank you so much for the review. We truly appreciate your business and hope to you visit us on your next trip to the OBX!

Me and my wife really enjoyed playing the Carolina Club, this was the second time we played it and it was a lot better this time around. The last time we played they were in the process of air-rating. Would highly recommend playing it.

Commented On 09/07/2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business. Please visit us again on your next trip to the OBX. When possible, we try to aerate in November rather than September because our Sept-Oct conditions are perfect for golf. Thanks again!

Carolina Club

Played here as a storm was brewing and the winds were blowing hard. The rain held off fortunately. Hardly anyone on the course do we played really fast.

Course was in ok condition. Very nice tee boxes. Fairways were descent except for the crabgrass that was growing in various places. Greens were nice except for the large number of unrepaired ball marks. The course overall had a nice layout with a few very interesting holes.

I would recommend playing this course. Especially if you can get a deal from Golfnow.

Commented On 09/07/2017

Thank you for the review. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit to the OBX.

Maiden Voyage

Enjoyed the course and friendly staff. Interesting layout. Would play here again on my next visit. A fair price for this golf-starved region.

Commented On 09/07/2017

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your day. Please visit us again on your next trip to the OBX!

Corolla, North Carolina
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
4.0206294118
Moyock, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC