Oakbrook Golf Course in Stoystown is one of the area's most popular courses. Not only is it a great value, the course is a challenging round, even for low handicappers. The golf course is tight with many narrow doglegs. It's a seemingly short layout at 6,115 yards from the back tees but there are still holes that long hitters will enjoy. The front nine is more open while the back nine gets tighter. Strategically placed bunkers border the small greens. Although the terrain is mostly flat, there are some surprising breaks in some of the greens. The layout has a mix of short and long par 3s and the par 5 holes are especially tricky. There is a bit of rough and some water coming into play but it's nothing overly difficult.

Year Built 1965

Credit Cards Accepted None

An old customer

New management took over last year and have been making improvements to the course, pro-shop and products offered. The course is in very good condition for early in the 2017 season.. The course layout is forgiving to mid-high handicap players. All holes have four tees accommodating all skill levels, and on many holes course management is required off the tee as the surrounding hardwood and pine trees provide challenges to second shots. All of the bunkers have been completely redone with new, fine, white sand. Views of Laurel Mountain give pause on west facing tees. The Pro Shop is run by a PGA Pro and his assistant is in the process of obtaining his PGA card. The course super and grounds crew are friendly and accomodate golfers with little to no delay to play. Plans for future include opening the Grill Room again. If you are in the area, try a round here, but call ahead as the course is getting popular.

Nice

Course is in nice shape,pro shop staff friendly

Don't Go Out of Your Way to Play

I have played about 4 rounds here this year. All using the Hotdeals on Golfnow.com. The course is just average, nothing special here. Plan to eat elswhere as there is barely anything else but hotdogs offered in the clubhouse. Not much money being put back into the course. Lots of areas under repair for extended periods of time. Overall.....don't go out of your way to play here. Lots of other courses in the area with much more to offer out of town golfers.

Oakbrook

Good value with golfnow.com. bad news is course operator said they will probably not offer this deal much longer.

Good

The course is not bad for the price. Greens were fast and the concessions were limited. However, I would definitely revisit

Frontninewasclosed

Hadtoplaythebackninetwiceduetomaintenance.
Didnotknowaboutthisuntilwestartedtheround.

Hidden gem

Course was in beautiful shape. If it wasn't such a hike, it would be my go-to course.

great moderately challenging golf course

I was passing through this rural area of Pennsylvania and had an overnite stay and some time in the morning to kill. I loved the course. Paired up with some very nice people.

It is really out in the country and had some nice views. So if you ever find yourself in this part of Pennsylvania you will not be disappointed in playing this course.

Very Nice

I thought the condition of the greens were rite on. Almost got hit a few times due to some of the fairways run next to each other. Other then that I really enjoyed it.

Oakbrook in great shape

Course was in fine shape for early season. Early morning tee time, front 9 pace was great; slowed a bit on the back. Will definitely play again.

Quick round with son

Wet morning, so my son and I decided to try and get a round in after the weather broke. Got a last minute deal for $20 per person for 18 and a cart. Only saw four other groups. Course is challenging enough for a double digit handicapper like me, but forgiving enough for my 20 year old son who has recently started golfing. Greens in fabulous shape. Great relaxing day.

Poor Pace of Play

We were supposed to play 18 holes, but quit after nine. We caught up to a foursome after 6 holes of play and waited on them through the last 3 holes on the front nine. We thought surely that the foursome would let us play through, but when we got to #10, not only was the foursome still in front of us with no intention of letting us play through, a couple jumped in on #10. We then would have been waiting on SIX golfers. Those 4 players displayed very poor golf etiquette as did the couple who jumped in on #10!

Bring your "A" game

Great layout that challenges your length and shot making skills. Some wide open holes are not as wide open as they look from the tee. Two long narrow par 5's and the par 3 18th is a bear. If you like to challenge your game this course is a must play.

This course has nice fairways and greens

I played a round of golf of 18 holes with my grandson and I enjoyed it very much, nice weather and course was in nice shape, some repair going on
but that is to be expected. Recommend the course

Wonderful Course

First round out after my first born, so I was expecting to be a tad rusty. Course was in excellent condition, and easy enough to read. Love the Par 3s over the water (the course boasts two). The round went well for all three of my group.

Terrible

Pace of play terrible. Six groups between holes 10 & 11. 10 min wait on every tee box. Tried to get rain check, got attitude from clubhouse manager. Won't play here again

Slow

Play was very slow. Front nine wasn't bad because groups let us play through. Got to back nine, there was six groups from #10 tee to #11 green. We didn't finish round.

First time at Oak Brook

This was my first time playing at Oak Brook. I was thoroughly impressed. The fairways were wide and the greens were big. The course was pretty easy to get around and in pretty good condition. It was a little dry and hard in some spots, as there hasn't been much rain lately, but it was still in very good condition.

I would definitely recommend playing this course.

Solid experience

I have played this course frequently in the past but this is the first time in a couple years. Course was crowded and the pace was slow. Foursome two groups in front of us asked the twosome directly in front of us to play through but they did not. We skipped a hole to get in front of them and then had smooth sailing for the remaining 13 holes. Course condition was solid. With some minor improvements this course would be excellent.

Nice scenic views.

This was our first time playing Oakbrook. The course is in great shape. Greens the way I like them, medium. Staff was very friendly. We look forward to playing Oakbrook again.

Boswell, Pennsylvania