Uniontown Country Club

Championship 71 6100 yards 69.8 130
Men 71 5912 yards 68.9 129
Ladies 71 5344 yards 72.0 123
Scorecard for Uniontown
Blue M: 69.8/130 313 158 361 292 569 376 304 531 138 3042 316 175 330 459 477 379 373 380 169 3058 6100
White M: 69.9/129 301 150 355 281 566 352 301 516 130 2952 289 166 322 457 466 367 364 366 163 2960 5912
Red W: 72.0/123 289 142 352 270 486 297 298 428 120 2682 284 156 312 375 419 290 359 310 157 2662 5344

Year Built 1921
Architect Emil Loeffler (1921) John McGlynn (1921) Ron Forse

Clubs No

Golf Simulator Yes

Uniontown

Course was surprisingly tough and played longer than yardage.

Rough was impossible!

This course has a lot of potential but falls way short in some areas. It has an old school country club feel and is right in the middle of a quaint little neighborhood. The pro shop is average but the clubhouse, deck/patio, bar, and restaurant are really nice. Aesthetically, it is a pretty course. The layout is a little odd. Some of the holes don’t really flow together, and there isn’t much signage to help. The only reason I didn’t get lost is because I had played here before, but I got turned around a few times the first time I played here. Also, I’m not crazy about the placement of the Par 3s, and I like more Par 5s than this course offers. Overall conditions weren’t horrible, but there is much room for improvement. Most tee boxes were plush but some were patchy. Greens were pretty slow but in good shape. Most fairways were decently manicured though some were a little high. Sand was a little hard/wet. Some sogginess but not bad for as much rain as we have had. My biggest complaint is with the rough as it was impossibly high. Fairways were pretty narrow, and balls hit even into the first cut of rough were hard to find. If you hit into the deepest rough, even in play, forget about it. It was hard to even tell a difference in rough lengths because all of it was long enough to hide a ball. I spent way too much time today searching for balls in the rough and ended up losing balls that I absolutely saw land in play. Rough length around the green and fringe made it hard to control chip shots. This made it hard to get into any sort of rhythm to the point where it kind of took some of the fun out of the round. It’s really a shame because this place has the potential to be a great little course.

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. On behalf of all of our staff here at Uniontown, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with some of the conditions and the layout. Our staff will keep working hard to have the course in shape, and we hope that you will have a better experience if you choose to visit us again.

Great bang for buck

The course is always in good condition and it’s really hard to beat the price if you’re going out for enjoyment. Always have a great experience at this course.

Nice course in nice condition

This is a nice course that's typically kept up quite well. The greens are faster than those on most of the cheaper courses around here, and they don't have a lot of break. They tend to be small, which keeps the course challenging. I do think they should move the white tees up on the 13th hole. There is no reason to have a 467 yard par 4 on a course aimed at amateurs. The vast majority of people can't get it to the green in two even if they hit two really good, straight shots. The 10th hole is also a bit wonky in that it's on a very severe leftward slope. Overall, though, this is one of my favorite courses in the area.

Great for the money

Played on a weekday. Pace of play was great, no delays, comfortable, no stress day on the course. Golf Now is the way to book this course for the best price.

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 07/11/2018:
Thank you for leaving us here at Uniontown Country Club with a review and for recommending our course. We appreciate that you came out this week, and we hope to see you out here again sometime soon.

Should have been closed....

We are in the area to see family and wanted to play while we were up here. Cheet Lake was our first choice but when we spoke to someone at the course they told us they were awful wet. We appreciated the honesty and cancelled our tee time. I then called UCC and spoke to someone named Pete. I asked about the course and he said they were “in good shape”. We rebooked our Golf Now time to UCC. What a mistake! If a cow pasture and a lake had a love child, it would have been UCC that day. The course was in horrible shape. There was standing water in the fairways, the rough looked like it hadn’t been cut in some time. There was a cart stuck in the mud that had been abandoned on the course. We have pictures of sand traps that look like ponds. No one should have been on that course in those conditions. I went to the clubhouse and told the guy we had made a call about the conditions and made our decision to play on Pete’s recommendation. His response was, “I’m not Pete” I understand the course is for sale. If it’s sold by the gallon, they will make a fortune! To say this experienced sucked would be an understatement. We’ll never return.

Nope

Got a tee time through golf now. $106 for a foursome. Ended up paying $150 at the course for the round. Plus the fees from GN. So the $106 round turned into $170....

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 06/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.
Uniontown, Pennsylvania