Uniontown Country Club

Simulator: Yes

Championship 71 6100 yards 69.8 130
Men 71 5912 yards 68.9 129
Ladies 71 5344 yards 72.0 123

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining

racrenner's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

"Great for the money"

Tyler3953923's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Played on a weekday. Pace of play was great, no delays, comfortable, no stress day on the course. Golf Now is the way to book this course for the best price.

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 07/11/2018:

Thank you for leaving us here at Uniontown Country Club with a review and for recommending our course. We appreciate that you came out this week, and we hope to see you out here again sometime soon.

"Should have been closed...."

fuzzy22's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

We are in the area to see family and wanted to play while we were up here. Cheet Lake was our first choice but when we spoke to someone at the course they told us they were awful wet. We appreciated the honesty and cancelled our tee time. I then called UCC and spoke to someone named Pete. I asked about the course and he said they were “in good shape”. We rebooked our Golf Now time to UCC. What a mistake! If a cow pasture and a lake had a love child, it would have been UCC that day. The course was in horrible shape. There was standing water in the fairways, the rough looked like it hadn’t been cut in some time. There was a cart stuck in the mud that had been abandoned on the course. We have pictures of sand traps that look like ponds. No one should have been on that course in those conditions. I went to the clubhouse and told the guy we had made a call about the conditions and made our decision to play on Pete’s recommendation. His response was, “I’m not Pete” I understand the course is for sale. If it’s sold by the gallon, they will make a fortune! To say this experienced sucked would be an understatement. We’ll never return.

"Nope"

KCAJH211's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Got a tee time through golf now. $106 for a foursome. Ended up paying $150 at the course for the round. Plus the fees from GN. So the $106 round turned into $170....

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 06/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

2005f150's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

"Mowers must be broken down!!!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Ok, to start with, I had a groupon that was set to expire, so we set a starting time and played there yesterday. Knwoing that this was a once prominent country club, I went there anticipating a course of above average conditions. Boy was I disappointed!!! The tee boxes were decent, the greens, although brown, were medium speed and putted true. But between those points, absolutely horrible. No definition of where fairway ended and rough began. No aesthetics at all. The rough was heavy and uneven, hitting a ball into the rough made it an adventure in just finding your ball. There were numersous chopped up balls in the rough everywhere I went on this course, chopped by the mower(although when they last mowed them is anyone's guess. AS for the fairways...well, they might have been nice once, but they, too are horrible. in areas, they were the length of you average course's rough, with some strains of grass I have not ever seen on decent courses(see "weeds")....They, also, had not bee mowed in some time, an it was just pitiful to see, close up. My personal guess is that the maintenance dollars are just not being spent here, and the treatments that are needed to maintain a course to above average condition are out of their budget, these days. Driving an hour and a half to this course will not happen again, no matter what price I would be able to find, it is just not worth the trip. I was quite disappointed in this course.

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 05/07/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Uniontown Country Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course in the Pennsylvania area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Just fair course"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

pro shop guy not friendly. Rough needed mowed all over course - couldn't find your ball when it was just off the fairway. Won't play again. Wasn't fun.

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 10/03/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Uniontown Country Club, in the Pittsburgh area. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a friendly experience with our staff and that the rough may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you will see an improvement for your next round with us. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"10x"

cindricd16's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2017

GOOD DAY! I really enjoy this course. I've played here at least 10 times this year. Great value with golf now app. The fairways and greens are in good shape for the most part. A couple areas on the course are recovering well from flood damage a couple months ago. It's a challenge to find your ball if your not in the fairway due to the fallen leaves and higher rough, so hit straight shots.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

"Firm greens."

Donald6522340's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017
Previously played Walked Cold weather Verified Purchaser

A cool day but this course was in great shape. Fairway were cut and smooth. The best feature was the greens were firm and rolling true. Course is short but is very scenic . I love to play this course and i go back a number of times each year. The staff is great, they always make you feel welcome.

"Good Value"

Fsmith620's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

Greens great. fairways a little patchy. Fun course to play and not to busy. Bathrooms in pro shop were nasty. Need a good cleaning.

"Disappointed"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

After reading the good reviews on this course, we were very disappointed. Course conditions were very poor on some fairways. The rough is very weedy in many areas. Directional signage to tees could be improved.

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 08/22/2017:

Hello Diane, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Uniontown Country Club, in the Pittsburgh area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a smooth round and you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for the 3-star review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Nice track - tough hilly lies"

tew49tew's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Husband and wife played and enjoyed the course. A few hilly and blind shots required looking first. Course was in good shape and greens were hard and tough to hold, but rolled true. A few directional signs would have helped - group in front played wrong hole. 5some ahead did not speed up the play!

"Surprised in a bad way..."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

I had high expectations for this course. The previous reviews had me pumped to play here.

The condition of the course was pretty good.... for a municipal course... not a "country club". They did get hit bye a lot of flooding recently, but the higher elevations of the course were so-so as far as conditions go.

The greens rolled nice, but it was impossible to stop shots on them. I hit my short irons pretty high with a lot of spin. Had 80% of my approach shots hit the green and roll off. They are extremely hard packed. I didn't replace one divot the entire day. And this was after a lot of rain.

At the turn. Not everyone in our foursome could grab a hotdog because they didn't have enough... really? How much are hotdogs....

With all that said, the guys in the pro shop were pretty nice and informative, but that's not enough for a return trip.

I see why it was $30

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 08/10/2017:

Hi Justin, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Uniontown Country Club. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff. We are sorry about the conditions during your visit, but as mentioned, we are going through a tough transition period. We hope that you'll give us the chance to earn your business again in the Pittsburgh area.

"UCC falling apart"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

This course has steadily been going downhill for 5 years now. Poorly maintained. No sand in traps, fairways with numerous bare spots. Greens okay but too much firmness for small greens (balls bouncing off).

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 08/10/2017:

Hi Gene, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Uniontown Country Club. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for areas to improve. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff! We hope that you'll give us the chance to earn your business in the Pittsburgh area again soon!

TomLininger's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2017

"Nice course, well maintained,"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

This is a very nice course, it had been raining a lot before I played and in fact there was heavy rain the night before, but although the course was wet, it was still very playable, understandably the bunkers were very wet and some had a little standing water, but that would have been the case at any course given the amount of rain that fell, I will definitely play this course several more times this year,,, and I would highly recommend it,,,,

"Nice course to llay"

GolferPosey's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Glad to have played. Course was in good shape. Our golf cart died on the fourth green causing a 10 minute delay. When the new cart came the group behind us had caught up to us. They were dismayed to find out we were not part of the City Championship that was going on while we were playing. Thought it odd to have non tourney foursomes on the course. Layout also odd intermixing the nines together. Had to pay attention to where the next tee was. Will definitely go back.

"Worst i have saw the course"

Denis9928393's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

I feel the course was in the worst condition I have saw for many years. There rough was terrible and the grass should have been bagged. If I was a paying member I would be looking else where. There are much better public courses in the area. There was lots of huge mud mounds on parts of the course. Most likely wont play this course much this year.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Uniontown Country Club on 05/24/2017:

Hi Dennis, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear the course conditions were not enjoyable during your round. We strive to provide a experience for each golfer and are currently monitoring conditions to make improvements moving forward. We thank you for stopping by Uniontown Country Club and we hope to see you back soon to exceed expectations. Have a great day!

"Stay in the fairway"

myeager7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

The rough was tall and very thick. If your ball landed there, it was difficult to get out.. Overall a nice course.