Tyoga Country Club

Scorecard for Tyoga
White M: 69.9/132 300 378 375 469 132 354 337 178 324 2847 165 420 350 142 457 300 355 530 445 3164 6011
Red W: 70.8/128 280 324 330 446 91 307 281 108 255 2422 143 403 292 125 450 245 295 408 435 2796 5218

Year Built 1960
Architect Ed Ault

Philly Advisor

Wonderful surprise

I am vacationing in the area and I try varied courses whenever able. I had semi-low expectations as the web site was so so and it wasn't very long. ( So many courses talk themselves up.) Noting we are pretty remote here without many courses or population. I've played and enjoy mountain courses which this doesn't qualify. What the other reviewer thought was a side hill wasn't anything. Anyway, here goes.

The condition of the course was simply wonderful. Not one complaint about green fairways or traps. The rough is a little long to penalize stray hits. The greens weren't easy, most I would call moderate, and a few required you knew where to put your approach. I couldn't get in a groove and sink many putts, so I can't determine if it was me or some hidden undulations. They held shots without complaint. Green speed was average.

Fairways didn't get much roll. The were well watered or we were hit with a stray shower the night before.. the area weather has been varied.

The value was really good. Only $45 for my weekday round. I've not had this nice a course for that value, ever.

Everyone was very friendly. It had all the amenities of a country club, albeit from yesteryear, with members having clubs and tourneys. Everyone seems to want to say hi, knew I was a visitor, and were welcoming. Whether the club members or the area culture I don't know, but it was notable. Since I was a single I played thru a foursome who kept calling me sir and waved when they saw me later. The friendliest course I've ever been on. Loved it.

Although it's not a long course, from the Blue's it was still a challenge. As you'd expect, some holes smacked you if you hit errant shots, others let you grip and rip it. The variety of the holes was nice. One hole you enter thru a wooded path and it opens to a beautiful view. The web site didn't do this course justice.

Play this course. Bring a smile to share and enjoy a gem in the middle of.. well, whatever you'd wanna call this gentile area. Normally I'd keep trying other courses during my stay. Skip that, I'm coming back.

Mountain golf on a side hill.

There is NO water available on the course. I was totally dehydrated when we finished playing. The course should provide water on the course or remind you when you pay that you should take water with you. The cart paths are back breakers. Drive on the grass which is also rough. Take lots of balls because the rough and forest is never find your ball land. Greens were okay, but very firm. Land short and let it run onto the green or it's over the back. They also forbid coolers on the course. Cost was $55.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018