Shepherd Hills Golf Club

Shepherd Hills Golf Club
Scorecard for Shepherd Hills
Black M: 72.0/119 352 430 171 358 175 360 395 390 406 3037 625 357 285 424 212 376 164 478 385 3306 6343
Blue M: 70.2/116 342 390 161 338 164 355 385 380 386 2901 589 347 280 404 155 366 156 467 345 3109 6010
White M: 68.0/113 W: 71.8/117 326 368 145 260 149 338 368 315 322 2591 492 339 267 335 145 364 137 389 337 2805 5396
Red W: 70.9/115 326 226 145 260 149 338 318 315 322 2399 365 339 267 335 145 264 137 239 337 2428 4827

Year Built 1963
Golf Season Year round, weather permitting

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello Mike, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good round of golf with us the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Average course with an above average clubhouse.

My fiancee and I played the course on a warm summer Sunday, while enroute home from Philly. We were paired with a couple friendly locals/members and played it in 4.5 hours, with a little wait on most every hole. The course is a par 70 and pretty short (6000 yards from the blues). The layout has a lot of doglegs and only 2 par 5's. The biggest challenge was the greens, which are full of undulation. Tee boxes, greens are fairways were average. The bunkers were hard packed and needed work. Carts were well maintained and clean. The best part of the experience was the bar/grille. There is an outdoor veranda bar and a separate bar/grille inside, (named the Foundation), where we ate. The food was good and reasonably priced and the service pleasant. Overall, it was a good experience.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello Scott, thank you for the three-star review. Glad to hear that you had a great experience both on and off the golf course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great time

Course in great shape, the best bargain for the money in the area...no kidding.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are thrilled to hear that you found our course great value for your money and saw the course in great shape. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Second time playing

Lack of rain has hurt the condition of the fairways. Greens rolled true but were a little slow. Overall condition was better the first time I played it, HOWEVER, for the price I paid it was an excellent value. Not much more expensive than going to the range for a couple of hours. I look forward to coming back.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/26/2018:
Hello Michael, thank you for the four stars! We are happy that despite the condition of our course, you found it excellent value. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice course to play

Greens are very challenging. Sand in the bunkers again. Course is coming back in good shape.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you found our greens challenging and that you noticed our course is getting back to good shape. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Bad Conditions

The course is in terrible shape. I’m not sure where the other good reviews are coming from unless they’re fraudulent but the course is in lousy shape. The tee boxes are torn up (one par 3 box was mostly just dirt and rock), the fairways are burned out and the rough looks more like field grass than anything you would normally see on a golf course. The greens were in fairly good shape but very slow. The pro shop crew didn’t seem to know what was going on (they couldn’t tell what other twosome we were to join and just said go get in line. I suspect it is these issues and conditions that are the reasons why the course is selling tee times for $23 on a Sunday. Also, very disappointed that other reviews were obviously misleading as I relied upon those to play the course. The course hasn’t been good for a number of years and I have resisted playing it since early last year. I would not have gone back except for the recent “good” reviews, assuming that since we had a fairly wet spring maybe the course had improved. I’m not sure how these reviews are “verified” since they aren’t accurate. There is significant commercial development around the course in recent years and you get the feeling that the owners are just biding their time until a developer approaches.

Great Value

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the course was for the price.The greens and ares around them were in excellent shape.The fairways and tee boxes good and the sand traps were mostly ok.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/09/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the course and found it in great shape. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Value

I see reviews asking for seniors Tees. I am 70 and drive the ball 160 to 180. If you play from the whites and use the reds pars you get an extra 3 strokes. Numbers 2,7,15 and 17 are par fives on the red pars, all are less than 400 yards. The last couple of rounds I have been able to par a few of these par five holes.

I am still trying to figure out these greens? With the rain they have been a little slow.

They need to be cut an rolled, but overall in good condition.

When you play the course for the first time pair up with someone who knows the course! If you read the signs and follow the flow of the cart paths you should be able to find your way around the course. Be aware the cart paths go between houses take your time an look for the cart paths on the other side of the streets you cross. Yes the STOP signs before the streets means STOP& LOOK before crossing! Have fun and have a safe round.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello Frank, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you found our course good value for your money. We appreciate your detailed feedback and advice. Thanks for playing at Shepherd Hills Golf Club and we'll see you again soon.

Good experience

First off I've like to counter any reviews that allude to the fairways being narrow. They are plenty wide unless a slice or hook is way out of control. Fairways were in good shape. Greens are very undulating and fringe areas well kept. I found the greens to be slower than the practice area but they were in excellent condition overall. Our round was slow but it was not due to anyone in front of us holding us up. Woman in the pro shop was friendly and helpful. Definitely will return.

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello Michael, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your detailed feedback on the course. We are glad that you enjoyed the layout and found it in overall great condition. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great course for the money

Great staff. Course is in very good shape. Pace of play can be a problem at all courses not just here. Overall highly recommend it!

Response from Shepherd Hills Golf Club on 07/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with both our staff and the course. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.
Macungie, Pennsylvania