Sea Scape Golf Links

Sea Scape Golf Links
Scorecard for Sea Scape
Black M: 69.6/122 579 410 542 185 456 425 169 315 146 3227 333 475 175 138 381 420 425 215 342 2904 6131
Gold M: 68.0/117 560 387 503 167 439 402 159 293 134 3044 311 449 160 129 359 403 409 194 331 2745 5789
White M: 66.0/114 529 363 459 151 418 370 145 269 119 2823 292 397 144 119 337 384 384 174 323 2554 5377
Red W: 68.0/115 484 271 420 125 382 336 116 227 108 2469 269 381 118 111 308 358 351 143 265 2304 4773

Year Built 1968
Architect Art Wall

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Group Getaways 8

This course has unique layout

Overall the course was in decent shape, although it could use some watering. Holes were challenging. Decent distance with good roll. Was supposed to start at 1pm, however, since I was a single, they were very accommodating in getting me off ahead of two foursomes.

Staff was very pleasant as well, especially the starter, who took the the time to acclomate me on all of the course layouts. Greens were decent with pretty true roll, however some had show signs of sanding recently, but didn't effect it much.

Good course for the money I got through golf now. Not sure on the regular pricing, seemed a bit steep.

Good course for early in the year play.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 10/08/2018:
Thank you wmj64 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Sea Scape Golf Links.

Seascape

Ok course but sees a lot of play by players who don’t fix ball marks on green and that’s a shame because if they did we all could enjoy a really nice course

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 09/10/2018:
Thanks Tom as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Very much playable

Course was in pretty good condition, better than previous posts suggest. There were some rough spots in some of the fairways and the greens were a bit bumpy in some areas, but that's to be expected this late in the season. Only issue was the grass height on the fairways and tee boxes - seemed to be high. Very good deal if you catch a special. I would've been disappointed had I paid the full rate. Very nice bar and food in the clubhouse.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 09/05/2018:
Thank you hsctiger as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Sea Scape Golf Links.

Seascape

For a course that is right on the Island in the Outer Banks Seascape is a great little course at a very fair price for its location. If you're vacationing and want to golf ...this should be on your to play list!

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 08/14/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Sea Scape Golf Links.

Scape ok

For a course that gets a lot of play the course is in good shape. Par 3 greens a little beat up. Fairways good. Tee boxes in fair to good shape. Normal rack rate too hi. Not worth $90 but Golf Now hot deal at $48 was good value.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 08/14/2018:

Slow play

Course was average and in relatively good condition. Waited almost 40 minutes as they were over booked. Several fivesomes all over course. 5.5 hours for 18 holes is not an acceptable pace.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/30/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Day

Had a great round, staff very friendly, great customer service from bag drop to starter cleaning my clubs after the round.

Course recovering well, a fairway or two still under renovation, but very playable. Great pace of play. I will be back.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/20/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon.

Day of Golf

We have play this course before. This year the first three fairways where in rough shape, but after that the course was very good. I am not sure what has happen to the first three fairways. Greens where nice and putted very well.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/20/2018:
Thank you Jud53 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/11/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/11/2018:
Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/03/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Sea Scape Golf Links.

Rough conditions

We were informed at the pro shop that the course had suffered from the past winter . There were huge areas of the fairways that were completely bare .We were charged only 70.00 dollars not the regular 115.00 . We had to wait to tee off because they were watering the fairways. most of the holes were roped off and it was cart path only .With the watering and no grass made for a very sloppy conditions.In its current shape I have a tough time recommending it to anyone .

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/03/2018:
Thank you Richard as we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Will play again.

This is a very serviceable course for the outer banks. The layout puts a premium on accuracy and ball control. No need to boom it off the tee to have scoring opportunities. The greens rolled smooth and true and were in pretty good condition for the time of year. There was a lot of ground under repair in the fairways with dead spots that had just been reseeded. We arrived early and they weren't busy so they let us go off early which was nice. I vacation in OBX every year and will try to play here again.

Enjoyable

The course is well laid out and the greens were in good shape. Course is on the process of recovering for winter damage to the fairways.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 07/03/2018:

This course was in terrible condition

5is course is in terrible condition. Even though they cut their prices, this was the worst course that I have been on in years. They stated that the course had some bad spots, but the whole course was in terrible condition. Played Nags Head 2 days later and it was in great condition..

Would not recommend playing this course until you look at it first.

Fun Play

The round was fun and relaxing. It's a really nice layout to play. The front nine is straightforward and a good warmup for the more challenging back. The greens were great. The only issue was some dead grass in the fairways from winter kill. This was no fault of the course, and we just played it like it was ground under repair.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 06/26/2018:

Worse golf experience I have ever had. Course shape is horrid. Weeds everywhere. Fairways damaged on all holes

extensive fairway damaged on all holes played. Worse course conditions I have every played. They should be ashamed of themselves. Golf now site said aeration but course had so much fairway damage I was embarrassed to have brought 3 other folks with me. They should closed the course until next year.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 06/11/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 06/05/2018:
Thank you Dean and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

A blend of the best the OBX offers

As a single, I paired up with two members. The course condition showed signs of winter stress that all courses have varying degrees of carnage. Thankfully, the greens were great. No damage. Some patches of fairways were murdered. But, the course is very playable and enjoyable. Just a few areas. Some courses like Currituck faired much worse. The holes here bend both ways. There's more elevation change than you might expect for a beach course. I strongly recommend a round here. The only ding I have is no practice range. Just 1 putting green. Hey, real estate is primo here. If you need a country club, go join one. When the wind blows, the teeth come out. Beverage cart came around 3 times to check on you which is nice. I will be BACK.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 05/29/2018:
Thank you stan770 for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at Sea Scape Golf Links.

Well-maintained Greens

Course is pleasantly challenging. Partial to the back 9 - prettier. Great clubhouse staff and super friendly bar with outdoor seating.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 05/29/2018: