Honey Run Golf Club

Year Built 1971
Architect Ed Ault (1971)

Perfect Tee boxes especially on par 3's.Greens are True and fast enough...Staffs are so friendly ....Today pace was little slow,but overall excellent.....best value for the money.....

Very nice condition

The course was in great condition; as stated in some earlier reviews the par three tee boxes were still closed. Not a huge issue, but it would be really helpful if there was some sort of yardage indicator on the temporary tees. Nothing. Fortunately my playing partner had a GPS device. Greens were true although not as fast as usual for this time of year.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Thanks for the great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the course conditions and hope to have you back at Honey Run Golf Club very soon.

Tee boxes not open yet

I was surprised to find tee boxes not open yet. They are new but I thought since they were working on them in the fall and with no recent play they would be complete by now. When they open up it will be amazing to play

Commented on 05/28/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 4-star experience with us!

Still Working on course

Still working on tee boxes and the substitute boxes are not kept very well. Also not providing scorecards at this time so take paper and pencil.

Sucks no rain check from golf now

Read the fine print before you book w golf now NO REFUNDS INLESD THE COURSE IS CLOSED. Also found out in my foursome some payed 30% less thru golf now.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thank you for your review, u314159939137. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Honey Run Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Honey Run Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Our round of golf was great, pace was fast, the fairways and greens were in good shape. The only negative was it was cold and rainy and many of the tee boxes were closed off and looked to be in great shape. The temporary tee boxes especially the women’s were terrible.

Commented on 05/12/2020

We're happy to see you had an awesome round at Honey Run overall! We hope you'll get to join us again on a sunnier day.

no scorecard.overall pretty good.weather was not great.cart path only most holes.was alot of water on fairways

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for the 4-star review! We hope you'll join us again!

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club.

Great venue

Course was in good shape for late winter. Layout was awesome and you could see they are making improvements for the spring. Looking forward to going back.

Commented on 05/19/2020

We're glad you enjoyed the course layout! We look forward to your next round with us.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us, dennishms. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Great Course, Tee boxed under constuction

Greens rolled nicely, course in great shape for this time of year. They are in the middle of rebuilding the tee boxes, so we had to play form temporary tees which made the par 3s too short. I will definitely return later in the spring when the tees are completed. Staff was friendly; however, the service was very slow for food and drinks. We waited 30 minutes at the turn for drinks and a snack. Advice: when serving pizza that needs to be cooked for 20 minutes, tell the golfers at the turn before taking the order. That was the only negative.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you thoroughly enjoyed the greens! We will use your feedback about our F&B to improve.

Remarkably good shape

The entire course was in remarkably good condition. Sand traps were perfectly groomed and greens were as smooth as can be expected for mid-March. Balls marks were pretty prevalent on some but overall not bad.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for the excellent review! We're happy to see awesome feedback like yours about Honey Run Golf Club.

Always fun time.

Never disappoints! Course is in great shape for the middle of March. Great value!

Commented on 05/13/2020

We're glad you found value in the Honey Run golfing experience! Be sure to book your next tee time with us soon.

Nice Course

Good course and getting better. Front nine improvements underway. Greens in good shape coming off winter, a few need work. A nice challenge.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u781738464. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Over hyped for quality of greens

I strongly dislike the 18th hole. Also, I was impressed with the fact that golfers there do a better job than most courses fixing ball marks on the greens.
I had heard from so many golfers that those greens are the best in York County and I have to disagree significantly. They over-hyped those greens. Nothing egregiously wrong with them and they are just not all that. They are slower than I expected even adjusting for the time of year and significant rain in the area lately.
The staff was nice and pace of play could have been better as could the course’s drainage. Good value because the Hot Deal was $15.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Decent place and a strong value for $15 today

Played with a buddy today and it was the first time there for both of us. Granted it is February and it was wet. Still, considering the many people that bragged on their greens, I was not impressed with how slow they were and they are rather largeWhich does not make them special. They are NOT the nicest greens in York county so it did not live up to the hype is what I am saying.
Great value for $15 for mid February for sure thanks to GolfNow! Hated the 18th hole. I would rather finish on the 9th. Liked the par 5s especially the first one which I parred after burning the edge on a birdie putt.
Cannot say that I would want to play in a scramble there per day nor feel excitement in taking a foursome there. Perhaps I will give them another shot in late May if not too wet since the last few years we have had more rain than Seattle I think which is crazy. Rather have rain than snow for sure.

Good conditions for late January in PA

The course had very little play on this day due to cold/windy conditions. Putting that aside the greens and fairways were pretty good for those of us who want to keep playing thru the winter. We were informed that the policy for the day was "cart path only" which was what I expected. No problem with that. However, looking around at the few other groups that were on the course, they were mostly driving everywhere. I told the staff person at the turn and he seemed concerned. I specifically noted the group playing behind us hoping he would remind them at the turn of the policy for today. On the back nine they were still driving anywhere they wanted. There were ruts being made on the course and I play here fairly often so that really bothered me. We made the effort to stay on the cart path, others did not. I guess I cared more about the course than the staff did.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate your concern and dedication into keeping our conditions up to par. We will escalate your feedback and hope to deliver a consistent message to our golfers regarding cart paths. We hope you'll give us another shot soon!

Commented on 01/13/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club!

Spring Grove, Pennsylvania