Honey Run Golf Club

Year Built 1971
Architect Ed Ault (1971)

Great venue

Course was in good shape for late winter. Layout was awesome and you could see they are making improvements for the spring. Looking forward to going back.

Great Course, Tee boxed under constuction

Greens rolled nicely, course in great shape for this time of year. They are in the middle of rebuilding the tee boxes, so we had to play form temporary tees which made the par 3s too short. I will definitely return later in the spring when the tees are completed. Staff was friendly; however, the service was very slow for food and drinks. We waited 30 minutes at the turn for drinks and a snack. Advice: when serving pizza that needs to be cooked for 20 minutes, tell the golfers at the turn before taking the order. That was the only negative.

Remarkably good shape

The entire course was in remarkably good condition. Sand traps were perfectly groomed and greens were as smooth as can be expected for mid-March. Balls marks were pretty prevalent on some but overall not bad.

Always fun time.

Never disappoints! Course is in great shape for the middle of March. Great value!

Nice Course

Good course and getting better. Front nine improvements underway. Greens in good shape coming off winter, a few need work. A nice challenge.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Over hyped for quality of greens

I strongly dislike the 18th hole. Also, I was impressed with the fact that golfers there do a better job than most courses fixing ball marks on the greens.
I had heard from so many golfers that those greens are the best in York County and I have to disagree significantly. They over-hyped those greens. Nothing egregiously wrong with them and they are just not all that. They are slower than I expected even adjusting for the time of year and significant rain in the area lately.
The staff was nice and pace of play could have been better as could the course’s drainage. Good value because the Hot Deal was $15.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Decent place and a strong value for $15 today

Played with a buddy today and it was the first time there for both of us. Granted it is February and it was wet. Still, considering the many people that bragged on their greens, I was not impressed with how slow they were and they are rather largeWhich does not make them special. They are NOT the nicest greens in York county so it did not live up to the hype is what I am saying.
Great value for $15 for mid February for sure thanks to GolfNow! Hated the 18th hole. I would rather finish on the 9th. Liked the par 5s especially the first one which I parred after burning the edge on a birdie putt.
Cannot say that I would want to play in a scramble there per day nor feel excitement in taking a foursome there. Perhaps I will give them another shot in late May if not too wet since the last few years we have had more rain than Seattle I think which is crazy. Rather have rain than snow for sure.

Good conditions for late January in PA

The course had very little play on this day due to cold/windy conditions. Putting that aside the greens and fairways were pretty good for those of us who want to keep playing thru the winter. We were informed that the policy for the day was "cart path only" which was what I expected. No problem with that. However, looking around at the few other groups that were on the course, they were mostly driving everywhere. I told the staff person at the turn and he seemed concerned. I specifically noted the group playing behind us hoping he would remind them at the turn of the policy for today. On the back nine they were still driving anywhere they wanted. There were ruts being made on the course and I play here fairly often so that really bothered me. We made the effort to stay on the cart path, others did not. I guess I cared more about the course than the staff did.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate your concern and dedication into keeping our conditions up to par. We will escalate your feedback and hope to deliver a consistent message to our golfers regarding cart paths. We hope you'll give us another shot soon!

Commented on 01/13/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club!

Enjoyable course to play.

Played 12-23-19 and aced #17. The entire staff were great to our group.

Commented on 02/24/2020

We're glad you had such a successful day of golf with us! Be sure to book your next tee time at Honey Run soon!

Great Value

We drive about an hour and a half to play here a handful of times a year. We have never been disappointed. The value for the course is hard to match or beat. Even in season their greens fees are low and if you can get on via a HotDeal(we recently got on for $14) even better. Conditions are always very good to great. May have the best greens in York. The course can play easy from the up tees and difficult from the back tees without being a bombers paradise. Par 3s are challenging; most par 4s require placement over distance; driving on par 5s are fairly easy but your next shot is more challenging as the fairways either turn or shrink. Has just the right amount of elevation changes to keep you on your toes dialing in slope yardages. Greens are usually quick and roll true. If your looking for a quick round or a laid back 4some you can not go wrong adding Honey Run to your rota.

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you find Honey Run Golf Club well worth the drive. We look forward to having you this season!

Wildlife Abounds

Course is always in great shape. Never fail to see herons, ducks, deer and foxes .

Commented on 12/17/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed the wildlife the golf course has to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 11/18/2019

Hello, Anthony7869264. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Honey Run Golf Club!

Commented on 09/09/2019

Still plush

The entire course is still really plush even all the hot weather a few weeks ago. Greens are true as always and just the right speed. Played in just under four hours (threesome) on a perfect weather day. Can't go wrong playing Honey Run.

Awesome... we will be back!

Course was in really nice shape. greens rolled very true. 1st time playing here so some blind shots but very manageable. I look forward to playing Honey Run again to see if knowing what is around the corner is helpful.

Great track

This is one of my top 3 courses in the area. Fairways were a bit patchy here and there but the greens were as true as any we've played this year. Always a treat even though it's an hour's drive through crazy traffic.

Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
Abbottstown, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.