Type Private
Championship 70 6270 yards 70.4 127
Middle 70 5923 yards 68.9 124
Forward (W) 70 5423 yards 73.0 126
Scorecard for Agawam Hunt
Black M: 69.8/128 W: 75.6/135 422 175 502 459 168 545 293 165 347 3076 388 152 412 379 355 420 175 360 439 3080 6156
White M: 68.5/125 W: 73.2/129 400 162 475 439 145 508 266 135 329 2859 383 140 407 374 346 365 162 336 410 2923 5782
Yellow M: 65.7/116 W: 70.4/123 350 126 467 410 131 455 256 95 326 2616 301 102 406 329 341 274 134 324 396 2607 5223

Year Built 1895
Architect Willie Park, Jr. (1895) Gil Hanse (2007) Donald Ross (1920) Geoffrey Cornish (1963) Donald Ross (1911)

Clubs No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #14) (2016 #19)

Private Country Club with Limited Public Access

This is a classic private country club with a Donald Ross Design. Course is always in great shape. The pro shop staff, Norm and Tom treat you like a member. They are super friendly and helpful, they drive the cart to your car and load your clubs. I’ve enjoyed it so much I’ve played it several times over the summer. Norm gave me a tour of the facilities and I am considering joining here next year. I would recommend you give it a try.

Beautiful classic course

This is a great course with a beautiful layout. Greens are challenging but fun.

Good price, but course needs some work

Booked the course midweek for a Sunday morning round. Little tricky to find the clubhouse on the street, but found it. Clubhouse attendant was very nice and paired us with another Hot Deal pair. We split off after the first hole and played as 2. Some fairways and tee boxes needed work, but otherwise course was in good shape. Played at our own pace with nobody behind us. No real amenities at the course besides a soda machine and a pop up grill. Also the 18th fairway also doubles as their "driving range." It's a private course that opens to members. Good bargain for a weekend round of golf in late fall.

Wet after heavy rains for couple days but great layout

Greens were awesome, loved the layout and driving through a garage to get to other part of course. (6 holes across the street) the other part of the course which used to be metacomet were a great layout by themselves. I would definitely recommend

Lift, clean and place

This excellent course gets even more challenging after a heavy rain. Traps become ponds, lakes form on the fairways, well waterproofed shoes are critical, greens were immaculate - slower than their normal very fast due to not being able to be groomed subsequent to heavy rains. Always a great course. Of local interest, in addition to deer on the course are 2 pairs of very well fed coyotes on the holes across the road. The good news about that is the lack of geese.

Agawam Hunt - classic Ross design

Course was in great condition. My favortive parts were the pristine putting surface and the beautiful, classic New England Donald Ross layout. Pace of play was very quick for a Friday AM as well. Will be back to try again in the Fall.

Definitely worth playing

First and foremost, there's no drink cart, no food available for sale, no bar for beer afterwards. Plan ahead and you'll be fine. Other than that I have no complaints. There were only a handful of groups at the course on a beautiful Saturday morning. We played in 3.5 hours. The greens are in great shape despite being aerated about a week ago. There are some bad spots in the fairways but if you decide to roll the ball as we did it's a non-issue. I'll be back.

A Donald Ross Hidden Gem

This was my first time playing Agawam Hunt. When I think of Donald Ross courses in the Providence area names like Wannamoisett and Rhode Island Country Club come to mind but this course certainly didn't disappoint. Even with all the recent rain the course drained well and the greens were rolling fast. Like any other Ross course when you are above the hole you pay the price and that rang true today. The course only tips out around 6200 yards but it did not feel short with a couple of the par 4's playing close to 450 yards. What made the experience even better for me was Norm and other members of the staff. They couldn't be nicer and they all treated me like I've been a member for years. I cannot wait to go back and get another crack at this Donald Ross gem!

Worst course in newengland!!

My day started at check in when i was told the range was for members only.

( what dope pays membership type cash for this dump ill never get? )

Off the first tee and all seems well except my drive wich looked good from the tee down the fairway. Found hardpan in the center of the eehm fairway.

As we progressed down the cow like pasture fairways the many dust bowl rock filled bunkers anoyed your game with inconsistency.

The teriain was rugged and poorly maintained.

No services such as

A cart or snack bar

Are available. And alchol. Forget that.

The greens had just been areated a fact the clubhouse neglected to inform anyone in my group.

And for all this i was charged a premium price. I could play one of the many nicer courses on thw south shore. And be treated like a king in Plymouth ma. For that kind of cash.

my ADVISE AVOIDE THIS RAT HOLE. !!

Response from Agawam Hunt on 09/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

We were disaapointed with the condition of the course. Tee boxes and fairways needed tlc. Not of a private course caliber. When we arrived we were told we could not use the range beacuse it was for members only. After further discussion with them, they allowed us to hit some balls. I had higher expectations and this was a let down. The nice thing there was no one there and we had the course to ourselves.

Response from Agawam Hunt Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Agawam Hunt Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Providence County area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Decent Course

My understanding is that the club has been having financial issues, which would probably explain their making tee times available to the public despite being a private course. The cost was a bit high compared to other courses on Golfnow, but the conditions weren't up to the standards I would expect from a private course. The greens were excellent, and some were very tricky with a lot of undulations. The fairways and tees were not as pristine. There was hardly anyone else out there, so the pace was very good. I would probably go back, but not as quickly for $75.

Beautiful course

Had first tee time in the morning

Had the course to ourselves

Got the hot deal special

Excellent value

Boston Advisor

One of the more enjoyable Ross courses

I really enjoyed playing Agawam Hunt. The layout was fantastic and the staff was really great. I will admit it was the first time I had to go THROUGH a garage to get from one hole to the next though. The course features elevated greens, well placed bunkers and some tricky grass features as well as a creek the sneaks up on you from time to time. I will definitely be back.

Challenging

A challenging course with an over abundance of traps surrounding most greens. Greens are in excellent condition and roll well. Some greens have very challenging slopes so the first time through will have you scratching you head. For me this course would take several rounds to get comfortable but it is fair if you know where to land the ball. Give it a try.

Excellent condition

Superb Greens. This is an old established private club which ran into financial difficulties. Nice opportunity to play it while you can

Classic

Nice layout. Excellent conditions. Played on a Monday afternoon and the course was empty. Will play again.

Rumford, Rhode Island