2.3

Type Private

Year Built 1997
Architect Jim Lipe (1997)

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire is required.

Good course but not so good condition

Fairways full of crab grass. Green had been punched a week prior.

Not good shape

For a "private" golf course it's in bad shape. Weeds are over taking the fairways and around the greens. I've not played course in many years, and I was shocked how it looked... Not good! It does have a nice layout!

Bad tee time booking

I had a 12:30 tee time and when I went to the first hole there were about 12-16 golfers waiting to tee off. While I waited on the chipping range about 8 more golfers came around from where they started there round on the back nine. I had to wait almost an hour before I could tee off. All of these golfers played at a good pace because I did not have to wait on them after I got started. Someone doing the booking screwed up with all this many golfers teeing off at the same time. Other than having to wait the 1st hour, play went well.

good time

The weather was perfect course conditions were good, greens great shape challenging course with a 200 yd par 3. will play again. great course amenities.
Driving range, .putting green, and chipping green

Average

Tee boxes and greens were in good shape. Complimentary range balls was a nice touch.

Improved

Bent grass greens have healed nicely after weed intrusion and weather stress from the previous summer. Putted smooth. Course was dry. Bunkers in good shape. Best value in New Bern. Range is overseaded, great turf conditions for practice.

Beautiful layout...terrible greens

The course layout was beautiful! The design gave golfers a challenge no matter their abilities. I played this course last year and the greens were worse than this year. At least there was grass on the greens but poa ana grass was horrible.....I wish I could post the pics I took....play the course just for the layout...

Needs maintenance

Greens were loaded with weeds and some sort of fungus making it hard to putt. Fairways needed some mowing. Sand needed some TLC

Course in terrible shape

Played This course a year ago and it was in great shape, but boy what a year difference makes! The greens were so bad and had patches of crab grass growing throughout them. The fairways were scalped and dying. I was very disappointed in the course and feel like it was a waste of money because the bad shape it was in. I wouldn't pay $5 to play there again! Carolina colors just up the road is a much better and more professionally maintained course.

Super time

The fairways and the greens were in great shape. The cost was very fair for what Taberna offered .

Great deal

Played from the Oaks tees (6040 yds), and had a great time. Tough par 3's and several other holes, but really fair overall. The greens had just been punched and dressed and were slow, but no bumps. Sand traps needed attention, but we've had a LOT of rain. Can't wait to go again in about 3 weeks when the greens should be wicked fast and smooth.

Worth the Trip

It was our 1st time playing at Taberna and my friends, and I, really enjoyed it. It's a difficult course, but fair. Yes, the greens need attention, but that will come now that Spring is here. Once things turn green again the course will be beautiful. Loved the challenge of the course -- especially the long par 3's. All-in-all, it was worth driving to New Bern to play at Taberna, and we'll definitely be coming back.

Unfriendly people

I've played this course about three or four times now some of the problem is that I've played as a single the staff and the members seem reluctant to want to play with a single hello although it's not their problem to let a single play through for some sometimes doesn't take much effort all in all I really really like the course but the people seem to make it's a little sour for me. I don't really think that they like the public arriving on Sundays to play at a discount they weren't very welcoming

Great Layout

I was pleasantly surprised of the overall condition of the course. I have heard some bad reviews but they were all wrong. The greens were super fast and true. There were some sandy spots on the greens but the pin placement avoided those areas. I'm looking forward to playing there again.

Nice design

Nice design but course was in bad shape!!! The greens are so lost . It's sad cuz this was the first time playing here cuz they just open to the public, before I had always heard that the course was really nice. Like I said the design of the course is way cool and coming up the 9th or 18th is a beautiful veiw with water and the club house as u approach the green , just beautiful. I hope they get the greens in shape cuz it just needs it .

Worth a look!

This was third time playing here and first time this year, only because I found them on GolfNow. .Except for 1 green being regrown, the course was in nice condition. All greens looked a little hairy for my taste, but putted well and surprisingly fast. The lady in the clubhouse was awesome friendly.

TABERNA

This course is one you need to play..highly recommend it. However, now is not the time. There's a tremendous amount of work that needs to be complete before. then. we were given a free play b/c of the conditions. Now once they are completed I.e. greens, etc
etc, then be prepared for a great golf experience. .. I'm looking. forward. until. that time.. looking ahead beautiful layout and well designed.

Most of the Greens are Terrible

We have golfed this course many times in the past and have never seen the greens in such poor conditions. The course layout and the fairways were good, just as we remembered playing out here. But the greens were 1/2 dead and dirt or sand in most parts. I would suggest that they get more fans on the greens b/c you can see the part of the greens where a fan is located is green and nice and then it goes to dirt, mud or crab grass on most greens

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!

The Greens are in such bad shape that I left without finishing my round. If it had cost $10 that still would have been too high.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

If you are reading this I assume you care about where you are planning to play golf....as the title says " do not waste your time or money"...there are several other course nearby that are way better. I usually don't complain about staff at a golf course, I mean I don't have to be treated like a celebrity, but the guy in the pro shop might have said three words, I had to ask where the carts were,starter,range ,grill,etc. The course conditions were not good,especially the greens....err painted dirt....if this course is wanting to go bankrupt, they are well on the way....I won't be back!

4.2081647059
Havelock, North Carolina
Arapahoe, North Carolina
Jacksonville, North Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.