Panthers Run

Greens TifEagle
Architect Tim Cate

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Commented on 12/03/2020

Thank you very much for the 5 Star review!! We truly appreciate it and hope you will come visit us again soon!

JR

They just don’t do much maintenance. Great course. Poorly taken care of

Commented on 11/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Panther's Run. We apologize we were not able to meet your expectations on this visit. Reviews have been generally positive recently, so we are definitely disappointed to hear you did enjoy your visit. We greatly appreciate your input and will take this feedback into consideration as we try to continue to improve our operation. It is our goal to provide all our guests with consistent and enjoyable playing conditions on each visit and we will do our best to provide that for your group, if you choose to play Panther's Run again.

First time/round at Panther"s Run

Much better than I expected from the previous reviews. Cart paths are rough but the course layouts and conditions are really good. Glad I have played it myself instead of watching the reviews. Yes, I would recommend it and play here again.

Good, But My Expectations Might Have Been Too High

This was my first time playing this course, and based on the information/reviews I had read, I wanted to give it a try. Layout wise, it posed a moderate challenge. It was aesthetically nice to look at. I played the white tees at 6,267, but several doglegs made it seem a bit shorter. I'm a senior golfer, a 19 hcp., will shoot 89-95 on most days on courses w/ slopes of 120+ and ratings of 68+. I play approx. 75 rounds a year in the greater Myrtle Beach and Brunswick County, NC area. Many of the greens have areas that are not in good shape. There are weeds/unwanted grasses growing on several greens and there are places where the greens have died. The fringes also need some help. That said, there is evidence that mgmt. has taken measures to fix/mitigate the issue areas. Perhaps next spring the results will be evident. The greens are the hardest thing about the course as they undulate and are tiered, which would be very cool to putt on if they were in better shape. The fairways are overseeded and make for a nice aesthetic and launch platform. My ball plugged much of the time in the fairway due to soft ground, but it is November and they have overseeded. The cart paths are in very rough shape and need serious attention.
On the vast majority of the holes, the fairways are wide and allow you to drive into several decent scoring positions. The traps were in good shape. There are only a few holes, I would classify as tough and I would add that the back nine is tougher than the front. Hole #9, for me, was the most difficult. It requires your first two shots to play into a narrow area. Tricky on this par 5.
So, would I play the course again? Yes, most certainly at $29 (with my MB Golf Passport Card), but at the regular rack rate of $64-$69 (for this time of year)? I'm glad I played the course and enjoyed the round, but I'm not sure I'd play it again for anything more than $45 this time of year. Too many other courses in the same area that offer a good layout and equal conditions (or better) for $39-$45 at this time of year. The attendants and the guy in the clubhouse were friendly and helpful, which is always a plus. I'd rate this experience and the course a 3.5 out of 5. My expectations were perhaps a little high for this course, but at the rate I rec'd with my MB Golf Passport card, this was a tremendous value.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Panther's Run. We agree, it is a very nice layout and, with conditions improving daily, we expect it to be in excellent condition for the spring season. We have taken considerable measures to make sure the greens are completely healed and in great shape as we move forward and the results are certainly showing. We hope you will return again soon and see our continued progress! Thanks again.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We appreciate the positive feedback very much. It is definitely exciting to see all of the Big Cats courses in much better condition and we look forward to this trend continuing as we move through the remainder of 2020 and beyond.

GOOD GOLF ROUND

Went golfing with some old friend who came to visit. The fairways were in great shape. The hazards provided a challenge without being punitive. Most of the greens were in good shape. One of them was still healing from some recent repairs. Overall, i couldn't be happier with the overall experience.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Panther's Run. We are so glad you enjoyed your round! The green you mentioned is continuing to improve daily and will soon be in excellent condition. We are excited about the remainder of 2020 and beyond and we hope you will come visit us again very soon.

Currently Not worth the money

I wish someone would’ve told me that their course was in such a bad shape when I booked it. Fairway grass is way too high. One fairway was basically under construction. Several greens were under construction.

Commented on 10/30/2020

We sincerely apologize we were not able to meet your expectations on your recent visit. There is a good deal of work going on right now on Panther's Run, to make sure it is in premium condition as we move forward. The conditions you mentioned above are necessary to make the improvements we need and the progress is evident daily. Comments over the past few days have been very encouraging and we are excited for what the future holds for Panther's Run and all of the Big Cats Courses. Feel free to contact me directly at blong@oceanridge.com to discuss making amends for your unsatisfactory experience. I look forward to hearing from you. Bill Long

ANOTHER CHANCE

Decided to give Panthers Run another chance and we are glad we did. Roughs are cut down, over seed came in beautifully and greens are very good. Glad we both gave it a second chance compared to 6 weeks ago. You can really see the difference the 2 new supers are making. A must play.

Commented on 10/30/2020

Thank you so much for giving us another chance to earn your trust and your business. We agree, conditions are much improved and we have moved well beyond the unprecedented challenges we faced through the end of the summer. Great effort is being taken to make sure we are offering our guests a premium golf experience each time they tee it up on one of The Big Cats courses. Thanks again!

Played a quick 9 after work today, course in really good condition. From Pro Shop Staff to Cart Attendants thanks for a great time...

Commented on 10/30/2020

Thank you coming out to play Panther's Run. It is definitely a fun and enjoyable course. We appreciate your patronage and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Time

Played Ocean Ridge (Panther's Run) for the first time today. The fairways and tee boxes have been overseeded and most are rounding into great condition. The greens were fair, rolled well.
The entire course staff, both inside and outside, were helpful and courteous.
Very happy with Panther's Run and will play it again in the future.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Panther's Run. We truly appreciate your patronage! Many golfers do not take the time to pa review of a positive experience, so we especially appreciate that as well. We hope you will come again soon and Chase Birdies with The Big Cats!

Weeds and buy a mower!

I was under the impression the “Cat Courses” were considered premier courses. We booked a last minute Hot deal tee time for $45. That’s about the maximum price anyone should pay for this course. There are weeds everywhere, the rough is very tall and uneven 4”-6” with larger weeds poking up. Greens are pretty good which keeps this course playable. Sand traps are washed out and hard packed. Cart paths are a mess. Our thought was they were letting this course go for a full renovation for next year, but I’m not so sure that’s the case. Do not pay the prices you may find posted (upper $80 to $90 in some cases) you will definitely have over paid!

Perfect day

The course was not well maintained. The cart paths were destroyed. Big pot holes and the path was damaged at least 85% of the course. The fairways had weeds. The rough needed to be cut. I should sue for my $65 back. The greens were very nice. I can't remember which hole but the fairway was missing in action. They know it is in poor condition but choose to ignore it. I won't play there again.

Plays Twice a year

The course is quite challenging

We played in less than 4hours, greens were in good shape.

Why is this course even open??

I have no idea why this course is open for play. 2 foot tall weeds in the fairway. Crabgrass everywhere....... including the greens. The 9th hole is an abomination! The entire landing area off the tee is dirt! Yes, I said dirt. Greens are very bumpy. Save your money and play somewhere else!!

Would come back

Folks there were great aside from a little rain I would definitely come back to play

Poor condition

The golf course is in terrible condition. The cart paths are rutted with potholes and tree roots. The fairways were nothing but weeds and greens had bare spots and dead areas.
Can’t speak to the other courses at this complex only Panthers Run.

Average for a beach course

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Course could use some care, not what you would expect for a high end club. Greens were dried out in places, but some of the rough was soft and muddy. Course layout posed a challenge for a older player, such as myself. I would play again.

Goat track

First time I have played panthers run in 10 plus years and it was in horrible shape. I can’t say I have ever played a course in this condition. The back nine was better than the first. Greens were not terrible. Tee boxes and fairways were horrible. Bunkers were overgrown with grass and moss. I don’t think it would take much money to turn it around but it is a long way from being enjoyable at any price. We paid $54 and there were lots of other options in that price range with better conditions.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Exact same experience- it almost feels like they’re letting this course go to seed. Nicest feature is the beautiful homes around it. We paid 20 per in the afternoon and not even sure that was worth it

Commented on 09/08/2020

Yep, remember that hole well. So so sad. From what I hear the rest of the Ocean Ridge courses are in similar condition.

3.9209235294