Scorecard for Panther's Run Golf Links
Black M: 73.5/141 404 177 427 431 525 215 396 389 571 3535 401 192 384 554 434 412 548 204 425 3554 7089
Blue M: 71.0/131 384 164 408 397 504 191 386 378 548 3360 375 170 369 514 419 394 513 182 410 3346 6706
White M: 69.6/124 362 150 371 378 482 171 357 353 518 3142 361 143 341 493 396 357 492 162 380 3125 6267
Gold M: 67.5/111 W: 72.3/132 330 126 316 348 432 137 318 311 462 2780 293 137 310 458 372 310 441 130 315 2766 5546
Red W: 69.7/116 251 103 301 320 416 95 307 276 437 2506 264 115 275 425 328 295 410 118 287 2517 5023

Year Built 1994
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Tim Cate

Great course and layout but greens need work

Its a very enjoyable course. Bunkers well maintained and tee box to fairways in good shape. However, the greens were scaly and too fast. Staff very friendly and helpful. I would be back but would prefer to see the greens in better shape.

Great Value for the money

It should be on everyones must play list. Great layout, conditions and overall playability. Very friendly staff. My only complaint is you have to walk 200 yards to the Driving range.

Disappointed

I had played Panthers Run a few years ago in the winter and loved it. Course was in really good shape and the layout was really nice and very fun. I played here last Friday and payed $30 for an afternoon replay after playing Lions Paw in the morning. Everything about Ocean Ridge Plantation presents itself as a high end establishment. For the most part this course is not and I was disappointed. The layout was still great. Unfortunately the conditions, especially on the front were not good. The tees and fairways had several bad spots in them. Other spots had really big weeds. It's obvious the course isn't getting enough water and they hadn't sprayed any weed killer this year. Several burnout spots on the course. The rough was cut with an uneven mower deck and looked bad. There was a stretch of holes around #7 where the entire right side should have been marked GUR Bc it was not playable. I will say that the conditions improved some on the back side and the greens were in good shape especially compared to the rest of the course. However a couple of times I had to sweep clippings from other mowers off the tees and greens and several clippings had been blown into the traps. There are too many other courses in the area to play in my opinion. Based on course conditions I would not pay more than $30 and while I can't comment on Leopards Chase or Tigers Eye, Panthers Run does not live up to the image they are projecting.

Panther sure was running

Played Panther's Run (and Leopard's Chase) today. Pace first nine was terribly slow. We were a twosome and went off behind a foursome. We were on first tee at same time and waited EVERY shot for front nine. Foursome group was playing two man scramble format. I even called pro shop from 5th tee to request a marshall. A par five. No one else on hole. We got to tee before foursome finished teeing off and were not offered to play through. Pro shop said course was really busy today--and as long as they were keeping 15min/hole pace (4-1/2hr pace) they were still on pace. Luckily group stopped for break at turn and we passed-- played back nine in 1:15 and never saw another group until 17th hole. Course needs to do better job monitoring pace of play

They should be embarrassed

PLAYED 4/8/2017. Saw another review for yesterday, I can confirm that indeed that was a FAIR and HONEST. FRONT nine in much worse conditions then BACK. NO MAINTENANCE, doesn't look like they water or weed/feed. SCRUBBY TEES, FAIRWAYS are a mess, GREENS have some serious issues with competing grass. It rained Wednesday, this is Saturday and yet BUNKERS, fairway and green, had not been raked, NO EXCUSES! To bad, design wise this is a pretty good layout, should be a lot of fun to play, BUT alas it is very poorly maintained...EMBARRASSING. There are way to many other finely manicured courses to play, then this MESS.

Stay Home and Play with Yourself

Played Panther's Run, unfortunately, as the last round of a golf trip. Every course we played was in great shape until we arrived at Panther's Run. The tee boxes were mostly brown and full of divots; the fairways were patchy and where there was actually grass it was very long; the rough was a combination of hard pan and tree roots; and the greens were only green because they had been painted. Nice greens can often be a saving grace for a course, but at Panther's Run you can expect your ball to be knocked offline by weeds. We had to play 2-putt max. The layout is actually pretty good, but don't let that fool you into thinking you should play here. The course was an unmitigated disaster that left us feeling like $70 had been stolen from us.

Very nice course

Nice layout. Fairways were in good shape., Some greens were thin, but most were good. Staff was friendly, and my wife and I enjoyed playing here. We will be back

Great place to play!

Panthers Run is a great course with plenty of challenges but also plenty of opportunities for birdies. Excellent condition!

Bait and Switch

The starter told me the group I was to play with started early. I was 30 minutes early for my tee time. Starter said he could put me in with a group at some point later, or play by myself. I played alone between two foursomes. It was a nice layout but the condition of the greens was sub par.

Big Cats Growl and Bite

Weather in NC & SC Coastal Plains can be questionable in November, but the week prior to Thanksgiving this year (2014) was better than expected. Playing Panther's Run at ten in the morning began with us in sweaters (jumpers) until the seventh hole but soon after, shirt sleeves became all that was needed for the afternoon sunshine.
Upon arrival the staff, cart guys, starter and Pros in the shop were most helpful and made us feel as though we too were members.
The course was in fine shape although the fairways had been recently over seeded with winter rye we were allowed to ride the fairways after ten am. The greens are 'mini verde' and to say they were fast is an understatement. They were running about 14 on the Stimp meter the day we played.
Panthers Run is one of five courses in the Ocean Ridge Plantation group of "Big Cats". I suggest you take them all on whenever you visit the North Carolina/South Carolina coastal area, aka the Myrtle Beach Golf Destinations.
Remember, cats can bite!

Panther Ran Us Down

I first played this course in its opening season, what a jewel it has become! due to the many years that have passed I cannot compare 'then and now', I can however, tell you of my joy at once again playing the Panther.

As with all the "Big Cats" in the Ocean Ridge Plantation, the course is as pristine as it can be in late November on the coast of North Carolina.

After a three hour drive from home we arrived about an hour ahead of our tee time. Jack in the Pro Shop was expecting us and offered us the option to tee off earlier than our scheduled time. The day was brisk yet by the seventh hole we were in shirt sleeves (long sleeves) and loving the greens. Fast? Do you like looking down at a Miniverdi and seeing your reflection? I have never three putted so many times (7 greens)in one round.
Playing the White Tee set the slope is 128 and plays to 70.8 rating, but is a beautiful layout through the lower woodlands of coastal plains.

The tees, fairways and greens were as fine as any course and better than a great many this time of year. The Bermuda fairways were, of course, dormant but had recently been over seeded and most likely are green with the rye by the time of this writing. The Greens Staff are spot on in their maintenance.
The clubhouse staff were accommodating in every way making us feel as though we were members.

On your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area take time to seek out and play the Big Cats at Ocean Ridge Plantation. I am sure you will be as enchanted as I, just be prepared to out run the Panther.

3.4193176471

Valid dates: May 20, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Enjoy exclusive access to the legendary courses of TPC Sawgrass with a 2 night stay, breakfast and 2 rounds of golf.
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club