Type Private

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Tremendous day at a tremendous club

From the moment we pulled on to the property the experience was phenomenal!! Caddies took the bags, switched bags to carry bag if necessary, had them on the range ready to go. After a quick, delicious bite to eat, enjoying the scenery, we met the caddies and had a great walk on an unbelievably well manicured course. Greens were in terrific shape, fast and true. Cigars and cocktails on the porch overlooking 18 green a fitting end to a great day with friends!!

4 stars for a reason

If I were just rating the course instead of the full experience, it would get 5 stars. I can't complement enough the course, staff, experience, etc. except for one thing - the caddy. As Secession is a walking only course, you do NEED to take a caddy. For my first round there ever, I get a caddy that calls himself captain Kirk. He literally introduces himself to me and IMMEDIATELY starts switching out my bag for a "house" bag. I ask him why and he says that my carry bag is to heavy. I used shipsticks to ship my Ping hoofer bag and they said it weighed 32lbs with the shipping box. Certainly doesn't sound too heavy to me. Anyway, he starts to remove my umbrella and rain vest from the bag. I stop him and tell him they are there in case in rains - he responds that it won't rain. I refuse and the umbrella & rain vest stay. We begin the round and before we are done with #1, it begins to rain!! Apparently this doesn't validate my reasoning with him and he is short and agitated all through my round. Quite honestly, I can't wait to finish the round, just to be done with this guy. Thankfully, I get a different caddy for my next two rounds there and my golf bag is back as well. Steve, my next caddy had absolutely no problem with my bag and even says it is lighter than the ones he carried the day before! I have no problem with taking a caddy, but I do have a problem with ones like captain "jerk". If you don't want to be there, don't caddy and certainly don't ruin the round for your golfer or tarnish the reputation of an otherwise great club!!

Commented on 01/26/2019

Wow, only if every looper wrote how they really felt on a blog day after day of dealing with “5-9 handicaps”. The should call this category the “wanna but can’t” let’s be honest I am personally right smack in this, and know what when I comes to it I can’t like the big boys( just like you pal). To my point, I know the captain “KIRK” and would recommend anyone who plays the fantastic gem Secession to ask for him!

**32 pounds** that’s crazy also, most loopers carry 2 that’s 64lbs, could you do it? Probably but it’s a lot easier with 40 total, also as a looper you’ll do a better job...

14 clubs 9 balls 6 tees 2 quarters(ball markers) Rain suit Umbrella..that’s all

Stunning Low Country Course

Talk about a pristine course in a beautiful setting. The most spectacular low country layout I have ever seen. It is truly something special to have the opportunity to play here. Golf as it was meant to be played: no houses, peaceful, natural and walking only.

If you have the opportunity to ever play this course, do not pass it up!

Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
Fripp Island, South Carolina
Resort/Private
Bluffton, South Carolina

Valid dates: Jan 01, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Book our Classic Golf Package, which includes lodging at The Inn and legendary golf.