2.3
2.4

Rose Hill Golf Club in Bluffton is situated amongst plentiful live oaks draped with Spanish moss. There are also sparkling, crystal-clear lakes that come into play on several holes. The golf course is a part of Rose Hill Plantation, giving it a truly Southern look and feel. Most of the holes are flat and straightforward but there are a few tricky doglegs to keep the course interesting. The layout features formidable par 3s that will test even the best players and a notably difficult par 5 that measures just over 600 yards. The challenging holes are balanced with player-friendly features that make it versatile enough for a wide range of skill levels. Four sets of tees, the longest coming to just over 6,900 yards, make Rose Hill Golf Club even more accessible.

Rose Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1982
Architect Gene Hamm Arthur Hills (1988)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Normal dress code applies; no jeans and shirts must have a collar.

19th Hole Specials 17

Great improvement

I come down to visit the arra every six months or so. I played here this past march. The course has gotten so much better since then. The green are in great shape and the traps are well maintained. I highly recommend giving this course another try if you havent played here in a while.

Wet day at Rose Hill

My friend and Iplayed Rose Hill today. We just had experienced nearly 2 inches of rain last night. Overallthe course was in great shape. Even though there was one standing water in some places the courae was great. The green and fairways were in exceptional shape. The rate at which we paid was unbelievable value. Even though we drove off HHIslandto play Rose Hill it was well worth it. I would recommend this course for anyone who wants a great value round on a course that is in tremendous condition right now. We will be back.

another chance

Played here in the 90's and the course was not kept up to standards for a course in Hilton Head. Heard it was taken over and getting better. Came back to see for myself. Although the course is(80%) better than before a little more can be done with the fairways and greens. Staff was terrific and we had our special needs daughter with us and they let her ride for free. Snack bar was also very friendly and good. For the price it is a good course to play.

Plays Once a year

Review

It was a shame the golf carts were fossil fuel powered. Fairways were nice and wide. Greens were good.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rose Hill Golf Club. We also have plans to update our golf carts soon. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greens are better but still need work.

Expected really excellent greens but slightly disappointed. Staff was great and rate was reasonable for conditions.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Rose Hill Golf Club!

Worth a try

Good layout. Only a couple of short forced carries. Four sets of tee boxes to chose from. Greens hold well and are in pretty good shape but slower than other clubs in the area. Traps are quite playable. Fairways snd rough a little thin but that is being addressed. Bar and food services unavailable on Mondays but sandwiches, hot dogs and beverages available in the pro shop. Overall we enjoyed the experience and would return.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We will let our team know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Surprise, surprise!

Before today, I last played the course before the new clubhouse was finished. Then the course was in bad shape. Poor greens, and unkempt fairways and rough. Today I was totally amazed at the conditions. New greens and neatly mown rough and fairways. The staff was friendly and gave me a summary of the oourse improvements before I went out. Definitely great value for the money. I'll be back and would recommend to friends.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Much better than earlier reviews

The greens are in excellent condition and that is a pleasant surprise given the review I read prior to playing. I spoke with one of the staff about this and he advised me that there has been a remarkable upgrade of the greens recently. The staff are very helpful. Overall, a very pleasant course.

Commented on 09/27/2019

Afternoon Delight

Great day of golf. Staff very friendly. Excellent weather for noon start. Pace of play was perfect. Back nine much more challenging (deceivingly) than front nine.
Greens slow, but consistent. Sand traps need better sand, but situated well.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Much better than the last time I played here. Conditions Much improved. Still lacking compared to courses on Hilton Head Island. However , pace of play is excellent and price hard to beat.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

The course is a little tight but not too difficult. course condition was good.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hey there - We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Rose Hill Golf Club!

Nice place to play

Regarding the other reviews, I was worry about the shape of the greens but it seems the team did a very good job with that. Greens was in great shape. The course can be challenging with lots of bunkers and water but it’s a pleasant one. Only issue it’s sometimes pretty humid but still pleasant. Staff is very friendly including the woman who sell fresh drink on the course. I will come back.

Commented on 09/03/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Rose Hill Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Commented on 08/16/2019

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Rose Hill Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Practice round

Wanted to play a round to start getting used to the fairways, rough and greens here in the South since we’ve moved here permanently. Greens were not in as good a shape as the fairways.

Commented on 08/02/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes to the greens and fairways. Thanks for visiting Rose Hill Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Rose Hill

Played it 35 years ago & loved playing it again today.. cart guys fabulous. Despite some issues with greens still a great round& a bargain!

Commented on 07/08/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We aim to make sure each golfer has an amazing experience. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Plays Twice a year

Good and Bad

The course layout and holes was good; however the fairways and greens were not maintained. They were burnt out Lots of sand on the greens made it difficult to put and read.

Commented on 07/11/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you enjoyed the layout of the course. However, we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful course and nice layout. A few of the greens on the back nine were in very rough condition. Current management is in the process of improving conditions that were apparently neglected by previous management. Looking forward to going back soon. The staff was very welcoming!

Commented on 07/03/2019

We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your round with us. We hope to have you back soon!

Okatie, South Carolina